Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
And something tells me that the squirrel both saw and heard the Someone in question......

The poor thing was having a potter around on the ground when captain calamity spotted it. A short chase ensued followed by lots of frantic running around the base of the tree and staring.

He chased one up a tree a few months back and I left him to mill around the bottom of the tree only to turn around and see him shinning up it. He was halfway up it before I pulled him down. It really made me laugh. I've never seen a dog climb a tree before. He's such a doofus.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
A few more pictures of the kittens. Growing up fast :)

Messages Image(2811697663).png
Messages Image(921360436).png
Messages Image(1980802436).png
Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 10.15.51 .png

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A little dose of Monday cuteness for you all!

View attachment 634620

This is beyond cuteness; this is so cute it is almost sickeningly cute, the kind of cute that dissolves you and makes you think thoughts on the lines of: "I must kick a kitten or I shall never reclaim my mouth from this stupid sappy, soppy, grin that seems to have frozen solidly to it."

Great picture.

Reactions: MacRy and bradl

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I've decided on a name just this morning. Cassini after the Italian astronomer and engineer, Giovanni Domenico Cassini, who discovered four satellites of the planet Saturn and noted the division of the rings of Saturn. Also that's the name NASA called the latest satellite we've sent to orbit Saturn - also named after the Italian.

Plus, though you can't really tell from this photo, but the fur on his chest and front legs reminds me of the color and beauty of the planet Saturn too.

20160608_205806251_iOS.jpg

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
I've decided on a name just this morning. Cassini after the Italian astronomer and engineer, Giovanni Domenico Cassini, who discovered four satellites of the planet Saturn and noted the division of the rings of Saturn. Also that's the name NASA called the latest satellite we've sent to orbit Saturn - also named after the Italian.

Plus, though you can't really tell from this photo, but the fur on his chest and front legs reminds me of the color and beauty of the planet Saturn too.

View attachment 635019
Looks beautiful. How old?

Reactions: S.B.G

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Here is the newest addition to my family! It’s a boy but I don't have a name picked out yet.

View attachment 634934

Gorgeous.

What prompted the idea of adding an extra cat (kitten) to your family?

Thanks!

So far I've picked out three names I like, in no particular order:
  • Mozart
  • Henri
  • Jean-Pierre

Awww. A cat named Mozart.....

View attachment 635019

Well, I like Cassini as a name, too.

What does Master Puma think of all of this?

How has he reacted to having to share his space with a younger - and possibly more energetic - cat? How has he taken to young Master Cassini?

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Gorgeous.

What prompted the idea of adding an extra cat (kitten) to your family?

Well, I like Cassini as a name, too.

What does Master Puma think of all of this?

How has he reacted to having to share his space with a younger - and possibly more energetic - cat? How has he taken to young Master Cassini?

I've been thinking about this for some time and walked across the parking lot the other day to our Animal Control to see the kitties and spotted this one that I fell in love with right away. So I decided to bring him home as a friend for Puma and me.

So far Puma is being a gentleman towards Cassini and not beating him up. In fact, Cassini has been chasing Puma all over the place tonight! Either Cassini wants to cuddle with Puma or wants to play, and Puma runs away like a scaredy cat every time. The rest of the time Puma stares at him from a safe distance. All in all, they're getting along quite well. Puma just needs to start allowing some affection to be displayed.

:eek: that is very very young. Should still be nursing at that age. Shocked a shelter adopted out. We only do after 12 weeks (they have to be 12 weeks to get rabies shot, and need that to be legally adopted here in MA).

I dunno, I think he's much older than 5 weeks, maybe closer to 10 - I'm not a good judge of age, on both animals and humans! I may have just mis-heard what they said about him, because there were other kittens much smaller than him and definitely in need of nurturing. Cassini is already running all over the place, eating hard kitten and cat food and quite independent in his own right.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
I dunno, I think he's much older than 5 weeks, maybe closer to 10 - I'm not a good judge of age, on both animals and humans! I may have just mis-heard what they said about him, because there were other kittens much smaller than him and definitely in need of nurturing. Cassini is already running all over the place, eating hard kitten and cat food and quite independent in his own right.
The easiest way to tell is the eyes, tough to tell from photo, but all kittens have blue eyes until around 8 weeks, and then change to their actual color. Looks like they may have changed that puts him over 8 weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.