Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Actually, re-reading those names, - given your love (which I also share) for the STNG world - I am surprised that the name Jean-Luc did not feature on this list.

But Cassini is cool. Very cool.
Funny you bring up Jean-Luc because I was watching a bunch of season 3 episodes this afternoon of TNG and Jean-Luc came to mind as a possible name, but as we know I've already landed on Cassini.

Jean-Luc should have been in my original list.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Funny you bring up Jean-Luc because I was watching a bunch of season 3 episodes this afternoon of TNG and Jean-Luc came to mind as a possible name, but as we know I've already landed on Cassini.

Jean-Luc should have been in my original list.

Yes, I just mentioned it because I was somewhat surprised it wasn't on your list - especially as, 1) given the pronounced French flavour (Henri, Jean-Pierre) to some of the names that had featured already on that list, and 2) your love (which I share) for STNG.

Reactions: S.B.G

Renzatic

Suspended
That makes far more sense. I didn't think it would be difficult to find homes for cute and (seemingly) well socialized animals.

It was a bit difficult at the time, because there are cats...everywhere here. The local animal shelters are still packed to capacity a year later, and just about everyone in the neighborhood has a small litter of their own.

The other day, I saw a cat come out of the woods that looked just like Polydot. Same long hair, same color, everything. I could only tell the difference when I got up close enough to see it's face. Orange Cat is apparently still getting around.

And yeah, they're well socialized cats. If I have any issue with their once removed from feralityness, it'd be that they're the most hunting crazy animals I've ever had. They're efficient little kill machines, always bringing moles, birds, rabbits, and, one horrible time, a snake into the garage to play with and eat.

...I never knew I had that many moles in my yard. I bet they've netted themselves about 50 of them so far.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It was a bit difficult at the time, because there are cats...everywhere here. The local animal shelters are still packed to capacity a year later, and just about everyone in the neighborhood has a small litter of their own.

The other day, I saw a cat come out of the woods that looked just like Polydot. Same long hair, same color, everything. I could only tell the difference when I got up close enough to see it's face. Orange Cat is apparently still getting around.

And yeah, they're well socialized cats. If I have any issue with their once removed from feralityness, it'd be that they're the most hunting crazy animals I've ever had. They're efficient little kill machines, always bringing moles, birds, rabbits, and, one horrible time, a snake into the garage to play with and eat.

...I never knew I had that many moles in my yard. I bet they've netted themselves about 50 of them so far.

Well, that is what cats are; very efficient hunting and killing machines disguised as winsome, affectionate and very clever furry creatures.

Anyway, you can rest assured that with such feline protection and attention to your space that rats won't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: S.B.G

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
This is my new cat Bagheera. I have had him for about a month. Really started to open up and bond after two weeks. Absolutely love this feline!

Attachments

• IMG_9952.JPG
    IMG_9952.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 98

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Took Sophie to the vet on Saturday (she seems to have lost so much weight in 30 days!). Confirmed she has Cancer.
Found out today that the exact one, is lymphoma, and is very far gone. We're arranging to put her to sleep tomorrow, at home. She will be 8 tomorrow. How on earth does such a sweet loving home cat get cancer? Ugh!!!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Took Soohie to the vet on Saturday (she seems to have lost so much weight in 30 days!). Confirmed she has Cancer.
Found out today that the exact one, is lymphoma, and is very far gone. We're arranging to put her to sleep tomorrow, at home. She will be 8 tomorrow. How on earth does such a sweet loving home cat get cancer? Ugh!!!

View attachment 637107

That is to bad, give her a hug for me!

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Took Soohie to the vet on Saturday (she seems to have lost so much weight in 30 days!). Confirmed she has Cancer.

View attachment 637107
So sad. I'm sorry to hear this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.