Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Puma and Cassini sharing the top spot on a cat condo.

View attachment 636728

Is that the Mum for that kitten, or a kitten that you adopted etc.?
With the loss of Sophie, we only had Bogart left (male, 8 years old)

The missus just adopted two kittens. Now we're trying to get all three of them to gel. Bogart isn't having it. The kittens are kept in the master bedroom for now and Bogart gets to roam the rest of the house. We let the kittens place their scent on a blanket that Bogart uses and then give it back to him. Trying to brake them in slowly...

Not the best pictures, but they are so cute! Getting big now, just a few more weeks to go until they are adopted out!

View attachment 638970

View attachment 638971

You're not helping with the cuteness here! This is so unfair :)

Last edited by a moderator:

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Is the older cat a male? How on earth did you get them to feel so quickly?

That's brilliant. Struggling here to have my three gel...
Yeah they're both males. It's been my experience that bringing a kitten into the home with adult cats is very easy to do verses bringing an adult cat home. Assimilation occurs much easier since the kitten likely hasn't been abused, not developed any bad habits or fear of other cats.

I did the same with the older cat, Puma, where I brought him home as a kitten when I had an adult cat at the time. He assimilated easily too, just like Cassini is now.

Mattlike

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2007
Southern California
Another of Ruby.

Attachments

• IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 83

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
6KfvtnM.jpg

Buzz on a walk up a nearby hill.

Today he spotted a kangaroo up there and took off through the bush after it. Being a pound rescue the whole "come back!" concept is tenuous, to say the least. But he came back. Good boy. :)

Hm. In that case, I think something Pavlovian might be what is called for, here.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.