Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
Someone stole the other cat's box and looks proud of it.

IMG_1749.jpg

kryten42

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2015
In a little world of my own
Meet Tinkerbell and Butterscotch. These two ladies came to us Tuesday night. They are around 18 months old (we believe) and have been living outside all their life. They became friendly with someone our foster group knows and kept trying to get into her house, so they have been taken in by our group to be socialized, vetted and then adopted out. Both seem very friendly so far given their circumstances. Tinkerbell's brother was taken in earlier this year and is sad to be extremely friendly

Poor Butterscotch looks wet because they both had to have a sulfur dip due to possible parasite/fungal outbreak in the colony they were taken from that is highly contagious and could make them, our cats and us sick. They look a lot happier how they are dry! They have to stay in crates for a few weeks so we can be sure the risk is gone and the sulfur dip did it's job. Both seem to be spayed already as they have had their ears clipped (standard practice for TNR programs - you can see it on Butterscotch's left ear if you look closely on the outside edge).

Can't wait for these girls to be able to get out of those crates and be able to have the run of the room. We are waiting to get a huge double crate so they can be back with each other properly and have more room to move around. Quarantine sucks :(

Tinkerbell

IMG_1804.jpg

Butterscotch

IMG_1790.jpg

Will be nice to have a couple of adult cats around again after so many kittens!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Every day at 6 am local time Puma demands I provide him cat treats. The King is always impatient too. I captured this video at 7 minutes to 6 am and after he'd already been meowing at me for a couple of minutes prior.

Thanks for sharing the video - charming, but I'd imagine a bit inconvenient if you wished to have a lie in.

Very punctual, cats. They seem to be excellent time keepers.

On my last period abroad, in central Asia, a senior Canadian colleague and a young cat - not much beyond a kitten - became fast friends. The cat would be sitting outside his office every day at five p.m, - how it knew the time amazed me, - but every day, from around ten minutes to five it would be waiting patiently for him, and would trot happily with him to his room at five.

Reactions: deany and S.B.G

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yeah, that usually doesn't happen. If I try to sleep in, he gets up on the bed next to me and meows until I get up.

Yes, I have heard similar stories.

And, if if the sleeping person happens to be partnered, the cat will know perfectly well which of the pair respond better to being awoken early with such demands. A paw tapped on a cheek has been known to work on such occasions.

Reactions: deany and S.B.G

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
About half a decade ago, we decorated the Christmas tree with little cloth-covered red, silver, etc. bulbs. It turns out the bulbs were actually styrofoam underneath, and within hours, Stewie had batted each one off the tree and removed the covers. To this day, we still find styrofoam balls—which have since become his favorite toy—underneath and behind furniture.

I took one of the balls, threaded a bit of twine through it, and connected the other end to a ceiling fan, creating the ultimate toy for BeefStu. Oh, in case he gets too rowdy, I tied the twine to a magnet which attaches to a clip on the end of the fan, so the magnet safely detaches instead of throwing the fan off kilter.

Every day at 6 am local time Puma demands I provide him cat treats. The King is always impatient too. I captured this video at 7 minutes to 6 am and after he'd already been meowing at me for a couple of minutes prior.

Man, he looks like Stewie! Their voices are completely different, though.

Last edited:

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
This is my lil rescue girl, Luna. she is about 12 1/2 years old now. She was a puppy mill breeder that was sent to a kill shelter after no longer being able to be a factory for puppies. Most of her life was in a cage and at times, a small chicken coup. A Pom group rescued her along with 8 others and flew them out of Iowa to my state for medical, fostering and ultimately find a new home. Luna had surgery for impacted GI, spaying, and special diet to continue post surgery along with diagnosed fused vertebrae (most likely mishandled).

The reason I mention all of the above is that though she came with lots of challenges (at age 6) she still is a wonderful companion and if others are with a bit of patience, they can socialize these abused dogs, help with some physical challenges and in turn, get that "pal" like no other. Luna brings out the best in people.

(and yes, image was taken with an iPhone)
thumb_IMG_0262_1024.jpg

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0262_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0262_1024.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 66

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
All you people with your fancy cats and innovative toys and my rabbit just be like "I don't give a crap." Though two days ago I went outside and sat with him and he hopped in my lap and tried to sleep. When I got up to go inside he ran to the door and just sat there. Holding me hostage. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but he's actually a very small 2.9 pound dwarf rabbit.

XDDK8404.jpg
IMG_0175.jpg
Photo Jul 10, 2 53 09 PM.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.