Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
It's taken me a very long time to be able to post this, it was taken on October 9th, and is the last picture I ever took of Patches in her favourite spot on a window ledge, sun baking and watching the world go by, very shortly before taking her to be euthanised. She had major liver issues and was having nasty seizures in the last couple of days. She was with me for 17 years and brought a smile to my face every day with her playfulness and abundance of love. Miss you to bits slinky-bits...

_MG_6780-X3.jpg
Sorry to hear of this; there's nothing really that can console an owner when a family friend passes on :(

Cheers :)

Hugh

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
It's taken me a very long time to be able to post this, it was taken on October 9th, and is the last picture I ever took of Patches in her favourite spot on a window ledge, sun baking and watching the world go by, very shortly before taking her to be euthanised. She had major liver issues and was having nasty seizures in the last couple of days. She was with me for 17 years and brought a smile to my face every day with her playfulness and abundance of love. Miss you to bits slinky-bits...

_MG_6780-X3.jpg

Sorry to hear that Alex :( Virtual hugs to you.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom

_MG_6780-X3.jpg
Ah, that is sad.

So sorry to hear. It is never easy… the little buggers just have a way of creeping into your heart and life.

A lovely photo — doing that thing that cats do best. :)

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Sorry to hear of this; there's nothing really that can console an owner when a family friend passes on :(

Hugh

Sorry to hear that Alex :( Virtual hugs to you.

Ah, that is sad.

So sorry to hear. It is never easy… the little buggers just have a way of creeping into your heart and life.

A lovely photo — doing that thing that cats do best. :)
Thank you all, I feel good whenever I reminisce about her mischievous ways and am extremely grateful that she came into my life, she really helped me through some rock-bottom moments. When I was at the animal shelter looking for a kitten, she crept up to the wire in the first cage I went to, on a ledge at face height and reached through the wire grabbing my jumper with her claws! I knew she was mine right then! Or rather, she had chosen me...

@Hughmac I hadn't been back to this thread since I had to let go of her, so I was surprised and saddened to read about Sam, he seemed like a loveable doofus through the various images you shared with us of him, but I see you have another ratbag in your life now! She's a beauty! I loved the images of her and the chocolate lab pup playing together, that was beautiful to see.

Last edited:

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Thank you all, I feel good whenever I reminisce about her mischievous ways and am extremely grateful that she came into my life, she really helped me through some rock-bottom moments. When I was at the animal shelter looking for a kitten, she crept up to the wire in the first cage I went to, on a ledge at face height and reached through the wire grabbing my jumper with her claws! I knew she was mine right then! Or rather, she had chosen me...

@Hughmac I hadn't been back to this thread since I had to let go go her, so I was surprised and saddened to read about Sam, he seemed like a loveable doofus through the various images you shared with us of him, but I see you have another ratbag in your life now! She's a beauty! I loved the images of her and the chocolate lab pup playing together, that was beautiful to see.
Thanks, Alex. Old Sam had a mouth cancer and so we had to help him in his pain :(
We planned not to have any more dogs but something drove us to take a look at the local rescue centre, and there she was waiting for us.
Poor little Milly seems to have been mistreated; there's no marks on her but mentally she's very timid at times and easily spooked. She is gradually learning to trust us though, and really loves her free running times with all the other dogs we meet. Difficult to catch on camera though when she's belting along at 30+ mph !

Hugh

martin1000

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2005
Washington, D.C.

_MG_6780-X3.jpg
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

_MG_6780-X3.jpg

@Hughmac I hadn't been back to this thread since I had to let go of her, so I was surprised and saddened to read about Sam, he seemed like a loveable doofus through the various images you shared with us of him, but I see you have another ratbag in your life now! She's a beauty! I loved the images of her and the chocolate lab pup playing together, that was beautiful to see.

Very sorry for your loss, @Alexander.Of.Oz; cats and dogs have a way of stealing into your heart and making a cosy home there, and are very often wonderful, trusting, loving and fun companions.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Very sorry for your loss, @Alexander.Of.Oz; cats and dogs have a way of stealing into your heart and making a cosy home there, and are very often wonderful, trusting, loving and fun companions.
Thanks for your heartfelt response @Scepticalscribe As aloof as she was, she was indeed a special character, one whose presence I was thankful for each and every day we got to share together! :)

I trust you are keeping well, and still enjoying your adventures in coffee appreciation! :cool:

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.