Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savoirfaire

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2003
New England
That pic was taken about a month ago, shes a bit bigger now. She is like 4 months old, no one knows exactly when she was born. And look at your poor cute little thing... awwww, what happened to her?

There seem to be a lot more MacCats than MacDogs! Simone developed an immune-mediated hemolytic anemia. Basically, her immune system started destroying her own blood cells. My girlfriend got home and found her white as a sheet. When she got to the vet, her blood count was about 1/3 of normal. Thankfully, after lots of medicines (and a big chunk of my savings) she is doing better. People think I'm crazy to have spent as much as I did, but she's my baby! I think at least people posting to this thread will understand!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
My furry little daughters.

Chewy and Godzuki (I got work colleagues to name Godzuki and chose it because it made me laugh and would embarrass my wife when we took her to the vets :) )

Attachments

• Chewy.jpg
    Chewy.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Zuki.jpg
    Zuki.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 60

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
She is super cute isn't she :) I love her big bushy tail that looks like a squirrel's.

Edit: Oh and here's a pic of all my pets together. We had the tortoises indoors at the beginning of the year when they first came out of hibernation and they both scuttled onto the cat's tower at the same time as the cats being on it, like they were expecting some kind of pet photo shoot. Obviously I had to take the picture seeing as how they had gone to all that effort for me.

They are called Gary and Ian.

Attachments

• Zuki-2.jpg
    Zuki-2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Pet-Tower.jpg
    Pet-Tower.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 78

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
savoirfaire ive just noticed you have pugs. I LOVE PUGS! I so want a pug but can't with my cats. When they shuffle off of this mortal coil (many many many years from now hopefully) I am so getting a pug. They are so cute!

savoirfaire

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2003
New England
savoirfaire ive just noticed you have pugs. I LOVE PUGS! I so want a pug but can't with my cats. When they shuffle off of this mortal coil (many many many years from now hopefully) I am so getting a pug. They are so cute!

Thanks, it's like they say about tattoos, though. You can't get just one! Mine get along very well with other animals, although perhaps you're referring to the fact that the cats don't always enjoy the attention they receive from the pugs!

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Thanks, it's like they say about tattoos, though. You can't get just one! Mine get along very well with other animals, although perhaps you're referring to the fact that the cats don't always enjoy the attention they receive from the pugs!

Oh don't say that, i've just spent another two hours at the tattooist this weekend so, as you can see, I am weak already! :)

My cats don't get with each other brilliantly so wouldn't stand a cat. Having said that, my wife and I work all day so it wouldn't be fair to leave a dog at home all day on its own (or with crazy cats).

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Why is that no matter what forum I am on almost everyone has cats? Personally I hate cats. When my beagle Shiloh decides that sniffing and chasing chipmunks (that she will never catch) is getting tiring, I will take a pic of her.

nava

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2009
Why is that no matter what forum I am on almost everyone has cats? Personally I hate cats.
Kinda weird that someone hates some animals. Cats are so easy going and wonderful animals, cant see why would anyone hate them. :confused:

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Kinda weird that someone hates some animals. Cats are so easy going and wonderful animals, cant see why would anyone hate them. :confused:

I guess hate isn't the right word supreme dislike is better. I just find them annoying and they always have to use their claws which is great, but not when by body is on the receiving end of them. Then there is the fact that you can't really do much with a cat except have it sit with you, you can actively play with a dog in many more ways than a cat (that includes walks). And dogs also dont take a dump in the house ( so what if it is in a litter box, its still inside ). But that is just me. I just find it really weird that so many internet folk have cats.

nava

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2009
I guess hate isn't the right word supreme dislike is better. I just find them annoying and they always have to use their claws which is great, but not when by body is on the receiving end of them. Then there is the fact that you can't really do much with a cat except have it sit with you, you can actively play with a dog in many more ways than a cat (that includes walks). And dogs also dont take a dump in the house ( so what if it is in a litter box, its still inside ). But that is just me. I just find it really weird that so many internet folk have cats.
Okay fair enough, but you clearly dont know enough (about) cats or something. With my cats you can play, throw ball and make them sit and give paw etc. just like with a dog, walks surely arent their thing, but that is why i didnt take a dog, im lazy with walks especially when it rains and when its cold and all. And the toilet thing then, well, you can potty train cats, sure its still inside but you do your own thing inside as well. ;)

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Okay fair enough, but you clearly dont know enough (about) cats or something. With my cats you can play, throw ball and make them sit and give paw etc. just like with a dog, walks surely arent their thing, but that is why i didnt take a dog, im lazy with walks especially when it rains and when its cold and all. And the toilet thing then, well, you can potty train cats, sure its still inside but you do your own thing inside as well. ;)

You make good points, I guess I have never seen a cat that can do all of those things but that is just me.

EDIT: Not can, but wants to do all those things.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Why is that no matter what forum I am on almost everyone has cats? Personally I hate cats. When my beagle Shiloh decides that sniffing and chasing chipmunks (that she will never catch) is getting tiring, I will take a pic of her.

Probably because it's easier to have a cat. I would love to have a dog, but i live alone in a tiny apartment and I'm rarely ever home. It really is not the best condition for me to have a dog because he would be alone most of the time. So I got a cat. Sweetest cat ever. :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0002-1.JPG
    IMG_0002-1.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 166

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Cats are great! They have such personality....ok so it's kind of an F you personality but I respect them for it :) Dogs are too eager to please if you ask me. A bit too try hard. You don't so much own a cat, it's more that it tolerates your presence in it's house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.