Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
pubwvj said:
Kita guarding some of her flock.

A beautiful picture, I'm dreaming of that kind of weather. Kita is a nice looking dog. Just like my dogs they love the snow.
;)

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
my dog maddie

Attachments

• maddie.jpg
    maddie.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 146

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Lacero said:
That's so cool. I have two Shetland sheep dogs, and I always wondered if I had a sheep farm, would they know how to herd them?

They might or might not. Part of it is genetic (Kita is 3rd generation on our farm). Part of it is being raised with the target species (Kita and her pack guard our sheep, pigs, poultry and kids). Part of it is training to refine the instincts, to hone what they have and sublimate it into the right behaviors that I, the pack leader, need.

Kita and our other dogs do both guardian duty out in the fields as well as herding (moving the animals). Generally these two behaviors are separate but some breeds combine them in one dog. Kita is a mixed breed.

Cheers,

-Walter
SugarMtnFarm
in Vermont

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
neildmitchell said:
Dummy and Fatso

Hahaha, I call my cat "fatty", too. His real name is Danger, but.. he's JUST SO FAT! We put him on a diet, but he keeps expanding! He must be breaking into the fridge at night and eating sandwich meat or something. :rolleyes:

The dog is Flash. He's a purebred Italian Greyhound. He eats out of the trash and pees on the clean laundry. But he's so old we'd feel bad shoving him off on someone. (esp. because he gets seizures. Medication EVERY night)

The third is my Nephew. I'm currently training him to be a MacHead. He knows the difference between an iBook and a PowerBook! He's wearing a buzz lightyear box on his head and pretending it's a helmet. I took him to the Apple store once and told him to tell a clerk that he liked the movie because Steve Jobs owns Pixar. He did and Vlady (favorite clerk ever) just looked at me like I was a lunatic. (it's partly true)

Whoops.
Ignore the third.
I have just been informed that my nephew is not a pet.
:p :D :D

Attachments

• 100_1850.jpg
    100_1850.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_1836.jpg
    100_1836.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 211
  • T520050728190035146.jpg
    T520050728190035146.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 246

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Katie, they're all adorable! But I think I'd stick w/ the cat... the other two aren't potty-trained. :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That's alright Katie, your nephew seems to be your pet project at the moment. He's cute, seems to be quite precocious.

Apparently Dangers is using some of his 9 lives. :D

Flash is a nice looking greyhound. Sorry to hear about the seizures. I had two dogs in the past that we had to medicate daily. One was thyroid to try preventing blindness, but she still went blind. :(

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
devilot76 said:
Katie, they're all adorable! But I think I'd stick w/ the cat... the other two aren't potty-trained. :D

Hey my Chewey was not potty trained, but was house-broken when my ex and I got him at 8 weeks old. (And BTW, the Chewey name came from the Chewbaca noises he made under the covers as a pup, not for chewing things)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Chip NoVaMac said:
Hey my Chewey was not potty trained, but was house-broken when my ex and I got him at 8 weeks old. (And BTW, the Chewey name came from the Chewbaca noises he made under the covers as a pup, not for chewing things)
I know dogs can learn all of this... um, control... but cats come pre-programmed! Show them the sand-- and voila! Work accomplished. :D I love dogs, too, used to have a mini schnauzer.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...here's my two - Florian (big tabby) and Siobhan (little Burmese)....best little buddies.....oh yeah!

Attachments

• Florian and Siobhan.jpg
    Florian and Siobhan.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 164

jim.

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2004
C-ville, VA
A picture of my cats. They are Caleb (fat orange one), Haley (striped dark one) and Zoe (gray). Caleb is my wife's cat from her high school days. Haley and Zoe are rescues, and very sweet. Then there is a picture of my dog named Gatsby. He is a Boxer.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00563.JPG
    DSC00563.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 131

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Had to revive this thread with a couple of new pics of my cat Shiva, who seems to invent new sleeping positions as he goes along... :)

oh my gosh i think that cat has narcolepsy! (i can't believe it chooses to sleep that way) :) those are indeed some strange sleeping positions.

this thread has been awesome, makes me want a dog again.

we had two cats, a dog and a parrot (Moluccan Cockatoo) plus several aquariums. now i have one aquarium running and that's it. i have a 3 year old boy, that is enough animal for me :D

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
devilot76 said:

Haha. Ellis is actually getting REALLY good about it! I'm such a proud Aunt.

...As soon as he says he needs to, I pick him up and run....

to his father and hand him off, haha.

Cooper

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2004
wdlove said:
Dixie is cute. How old? So precious, I can tell the the picture that she thinks so also. ;) So much like family.

She will be 4-month-old on August 11.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
wrxguy said:
this is my beagle "Bea" she just got spayed so she is now a lamp shade as well :D

Bea is very cute. She looks so sad, can't blame her though. I have had an Elizabethan Collar on many of our dogs. Very effective to protect their incisions, too bad they don't understand. :(

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
PaRaGoNViCtiM said:
Wierd question....Does anyone else's cat scream when she's in heat???

don't have a cat anymore but i do know that there are some cats who will let out quite a wail when they are in heat. my friend's cat did that one night and you have no idea how badly i wanted to put the little ho outside and shut her up ;) - of course i didn't, but the crying/wailing/etc was very annoying... and loud!

and COOPER - i really like that (blanket?) that Dixie is sitting on in the last two pictures. that looks cool, at least from those pictures :) cute doggy! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.