Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

npolly0212

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2015
Jump on it.

You can sell it back for more most likely if you don't like it.

That being said, iOS homer here and this phone is absolutely fantastic in so many ways. The design is awe inspiring and fantastic to use every single day in your hands. The OS is much much better than ever before and super clean.

I gush over this damn thing and I hate that I do...its a phone!! But its a fantastic experience and bravo to Samsung to pull this off.

Sadly I don't have the money at this time. Otherwise I would just buy it to resell it in all honesty!

If it is available at the end of the week I'd buy it in a hesrtbeat

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I hate to say this but my S8+ "just works" and my iPhone 7 Plus and my iPad Mini 4 have some issues wth iOS 10. It's getting better as they work the bugs out of iOS 10, but it's been a rocky ride. When iOS 10 first came out my iPhone SE went from flawless to choppy to use. I like the features iOS 10 brought but they needed to do a lot of tuning on this one.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
The phone doesn't have serious lag issues.

It's well documented the phone has issues. On Android forums and Youtube.
[doublepost=1494166375][/doublepost]
You have obviously not used the phone because nothing here is accurate at all in terms of the S8. "Serious lag issues"...lol okay bud.

Again, another blind statement. All you have to do is set an app to be full screen and it optimizes to full screen, and yes it optimizes properly.
But you refuse to read the Android forums where it's discussed daily.

widgeteer

Suspended
Jun 12, 2016

Since it's been well documented I'm sure you can give us percentages of affected devices?

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
I always love when people are unable to prove a point and try to shift the burden of proof.
Don't need too. You guys know how to search and find the android forums. I've seen it here before, even with proving the points, you all continue to argue. Not worth my time.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Don't need too. You guys know how to search and find the android forums. I've seen it here before, even with proving the points, you all continue to argue. Not worth my time.
Lol typical response. Unfortunately you come across as uninformed when you make blanket statements and can't back them up.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
Lol typical response. Unfortunately you come across as uninformed when you make blanket statements and can't back them up.

But like always, you never prove otherwise. I'm done here as it is obvious you can't have an adult conversation.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
But like always, you never prove otherwise. I'm done here as it is obvious you can't have an adult conversation.
You failed to provide proof behind your claim other than "Google it". They burden still remains in your corner.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
The phone CAN have lag issues. I know because I had them for awhile. But I've gone back to default settings after tweaking to try and get rid of them and the problem did "miraculously" disappear. So there may be something going on, yes, but whatever it is apparently isn't without a remedy. It's not the same as saying the phone DOES have lag issues. It CAN have them. Just as iPhones have had issues we've all tried to troubleshoot in the past on this site. Pixels have had their fair share of issues afflicting many, but not all owners, too.

I am glad this potential problem is being discussed and dissected. I would like to know what causes it and how to fix it if my phone is afflicted again.

Reactions: Yankee512

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
I choose to go off my own personal experience using the device, rather than what some stranger says on a forum, when I have no clue how, or if they actually have used the device.
[doublepost=1494167882][/doublepost]Literally every phone ever made has "documented" lag issues if you're just doing a simple Google search.

Reactions: Demo Kit

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

I read complaints on xda, for each person experiencing lag there were 10 who aren't so ....

We all don't have the exact same apps on the phone, use the same resolution, use the same dpi, etc. etc.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
I read complaints on xda, for each person experiencing lag there were 10 who aren't so ....

We all don't have the exact same apps on the phone, use the same resolution, use the same dpi, etc. etc.

That is very true. But some things like going into your dialer, or into settings, or the gallery the phone freezes for a bit and won't respond aren't related to apps.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
That is very true. But some things like going into your dialer, or into settings, or the gallery the phone freezes for a bit and won't respond aren't related to apps.
Except those things are literally apps, and depending on the third party apps a person has running in the background, they could have issues.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
Except those things are literally apps, and depending on the third party apps a person has running in the background, they could have issues.

But here is the deal. If Android can't handle that, but the iOS can, there is an issue. That is why iOS is so much more stable and smooth than Android. The APPS.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
But here is the deal. If Android can't handle that, but the iOS can, there is an issue. That is why iOS is so much more stable and smooth than Android. The APPS.
But it's all relative to how a person uses their phone. There is plenty of documentation out there showing people experience iOS lag, even on the latest hardware. It sounds like your experience is different, and that's understandable. iOS is very stable in the six or so years I've used it. I've always been an android hater because the software was bad, but I'm telling you, in my own personal experience this phone is buttery smooth. I've NEVER been able to say about an Android device before.

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
My last iPhone froze in the imessage app and I had to hard reset it.
The only time I ever have my iPhone freeze, is like yesterday when I uploaded 3 videos to Facebook. It froze for a bit. But that is very resource intensive too and expected.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands

No wonder there is hardly any lag with iOS, you can hardly do anything with it. Heck, customization is a word iOS never heard of.
Now, compare it with Android/TouchWiz, see the endless customization.

get the picture?

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I really like the wallpaper store on this S8.
Some of the wallpapers are great, I've bought a few already.

And the free ones are often great too.

The 'home' section wallpapers are my favourite so far. Just wish there were more of them!

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
No wonder there is hardly any lag with iOS, you can hardly do anything with it. Heck, customization is a word iOS never heard of.

get the picture?

And most people don't customize their phones unless your a techie. A guy at work just got a new phone, and he doesn't have a clue about widgets, etc.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006

get the picture?

True. I don't have any lag at all on my S8, but even if lag does start to show up in the future I'd rather deal with that occasional lag than ever go back to the limited iOS after having the S8. It'd be great if Apple could woo me back, but I don't see Apple ever making changes to iOS that make it truly equal to Android in customization and features.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
The only time I ever have my iPhone freeze, is like yesterday when I uploaded 3 videos to Facebook. It froze for a bit. But that is very resource intensive too and expected.
iOS couldn't handle uploading 3 videos to Facebook? That's some pretty major lag issues right there. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.