Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
I recently started using Nine email client and really like it. However, not sure if I want to dish out $10 for an email client; does anyone have any other recommendations? I was using Samsungs client, but prefer something else.

I use an app called ' email ' and it's very impressive...esp after outlook!
[doublepost=1495036753][/doublepost]S8: Snapdragon Vs Exynos

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
I recently started using Nine email client and really like it. However, not sure if I want to dish out $10 for an email client; does anyone have any other recommendations? I was using Samsungs client, but prefer something else.
K-9 is highly configurable but the UI isn't the prettiest.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Wait you have to purchase it? I've had it for a week or so and haven't had to.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
It's a free two week trial, and then paid to keep using.
Ahhh yep. Looks like mine expires tomorrow. Not worth it and going back to stock. Too bad. Nine was the only 3rd party app that correctly synced my contacts and calendar.

Reactions: DaveOP

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

I prefer Nine. I paid the $10 several years ago. IMO, worth it, but I'm sure there are free versions just as good.

Reactions: HiDEF

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Is it possible to edit sync setting? I prefer to sync hourly over push notifications.

yes, here's a screenshot from my phone

Eh1dhMKl.png

Reactions: HiDEF

DakotaGuy

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
South Dakota, USA
Agreed.

That's exactly what it does seem to boil down to usually. The Ego ....

Yeah I'd like to see all the other OEM's make small in roads and reduce both Samsung & Apple's market share simply to stoke competition and the betterment of product.

I'd really like to see LG be a stronger player because I think if anyone can do it they can. The G6 shows they are starting to get it.

malikkamran

Suspended
Oct 6, 2016
Pakistan
Phone arena did some testing and found that it comes out on top over the S7E. It also beat the Pixel XL and Oneplus 3T. Of course people need to do there own testing to be sure.

It's not just the SoC being more efficient that can save battery. Displaymate.com have noted that the panel is not only better but also more energy efficient. The software is no doubt better optimised and that can also mean battery savings. Anyway, in the tests in ran for 8 hours which isn't bad. Add fast charging and it's fine for most people.

Next time I do hope they increase capacity, I don't want slimmer phones, I would prefer a larger battery. We never seem to benefit from improved power efficiency, it's always more of the same. They have supposedly improved the battery tech in the S8, it should hold charge better over time. We might only lose 5% over a year instead of 20%. That is better in the long run.

Reactions: 5105973

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Quick thought after a day.
Pros
Screen is gorgeous, put my own wallpaper and it looks great, best screen out. The build is fantastic, feels solid.

And Bluetooth finally remembers sound volume for each device (example, my car stereo I have volume all the way up, but with my AirPods I use it at half volume. In the past it wouldn't remember for each device, so I would turn it up in the car, but then would have to turn back down for my headphones and if I didn't I would get full blast in my ears. Now it works like the iPhone, it remembers for each device.)

Cons
The fingerprint sensor placement, the way the pressure sensitive home button works, I might have to disable it because my phone is constantly unlocking because of it. I hate the Bixby button, I'm constantly pressing it when I mean to press the volume down button.
6e7dda113b1dd586de34443a73ed5f30.jpg

nickosbad

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Is there any way to find out if an app is full screen compatible without owning the phone??

I'm almost ready to ditch the 6s but want to make sure I'm not going to be in windowed mode all the time

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California

I love Nine. I totally forked over the money to pay it when I was using Android.

Since I've been using my iPhone 7 Plus as my main phone now, I've stuck with Outlook. Apple's built in mail app sucks. How's Android's version of MS Outlook these days? Has it gotten a lot better?

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Pros
Screen is gorgeous, put my own wallpaper and it looks great, best screen out. The build is fantastic, feels solid.

And Bluetooth finally remembers sound volume for each device (example, my car stereo I have volume all the way up, but with my AirPods I use it at half volume. In the past it wouldn't remember for each device, so I would turn it up in the car, but then would have to turn back down for my headphones and if I didn't I would get full blast in my ears. Now it works like the iPhone, it remembers for each device.)

Cons
The fingerprint sensor placement, the way the pressure sensitive home button works, I might have to disable it because my phone is constantly unlocking because of it. I hate the Bixby button, I'm constantly pressing it when I mean to press the volume down button.

Are there any disadvantages of using the AirPods with the S8+ (or any android device for that matter) outside of the cloud syncing ability when pairing with an iOS device?

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Are there any disadvantages of using the AirPods with the S8+ (or any android device for that matter) outside of the cloud syncing ability when pairing with an iOS device?
I believe the auto pause when you take them out of your ears doesn't work. I'm so hoping that Samsung releases an AirPod clone.

Reactions: bgro

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
They work just like regular Bluetooth headphones with android. I don't use any of the gestures with my apple devices anyway, so the only difference I notice is the connection isn't quite as strong, it's not bad and about the same I had with my jaybirds, but with my iPhone the connection is super strong with a very long range.

Reactions: bgro

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Is there any way to find out if an app is full screen compatible without owning the phone??

I'm almost ready to ditch the 6s but want to make sure I'm not going to be in windowed mode all the time

What app are you wondering about? All can be forced to full screen, it's just a matter of if any content gets cut off

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I believe the auto pause when you take them out of your ears doesn't work. I'm so hoping that Samsung releases an AirPod clone.
They already have, and they are awesome, I loved mine, but the battery life was horrible and didn't fit my use. But if you only use you headphone for an hour at a time, I highly recommend them.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Pros

Cons

I think you will get use to the FPS, I feel its blown out of proportion about the placement and after a few days it will feel completely normal, at least it did for me because holding the phone my hand naturally rests in that area so I didn't see it being a problem like everyone else did.

Reactions: blaine07

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I think you will get use to the FPS, I feel its blown out of proportion about the placement and after a few days it will feel completely normal, at least it did for me because holding the phone my hand naturally rests in that area so I didn't see it being a problem like everyone else did.
Yo pm me. Questions for yoooouuuu

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.