Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
If it supports the s-pen; it would be built in. They could not make the spen optional as the s-pen itself is actually the inexpensive part. It's the Wacom digitiser which would have to be built into every handset (just on the off chance someone want to get an s-pen) and that would represent a very expensive additional manufacturing cost overall that could only makes sense if they do ship with the spen. Which if it did, I'm sure Samsung would design/build in a holster into the device itself.

Honestly though ...

I don't think we will see s-pen on the S8. For the reasons of the extra manufacturing cost and when consumer don't expect an spen with the S range anyway and therefore 'returned gain fiscally' for Samsung adding that additional cost to the manufacturing.

Samsung need to maximise profit big time this year, and I can not for-see them doing that by adding an additional costs to a product where it wouldn't be needed / or the return on that cost would validate it.

You're probably right. The extra cost would probably negate it. Still, it will be a great phone.

Reactions: MRU

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Top and bottom bezels seems bigger than on the leaks...
I'm with you on that one. Those bezels look to be larger than most other leaks I have seen. But having said that...i would rather have some bezel than no bezels.

Reactions: MRU

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Top and bottom bezels seems bigger than on the leaks...

You talking about that first pic? If you look closely, I think those are just black bars for the game she's playing. Not positive though.

What's interesting is this photo. I really hope that tiny of a bezel means Samsung can't fit a logo down there. ;)

New-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-leaks.jpg

[doublepost=1487697497][/doublepost]More confirmations?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/0...laxy-s8-features-including-on-screen-buttons/

Alleged Tab S3 system dump and photos confirm major Galaxy S8 features, including on-screen buttons

nexus2cee_s8_thumb.png

Also looks like the software keys are still flipped. I hope this can be customized.

On the topic of the fingerprint reader location...

Honestly, I'm more and more for a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Winter has been oddly rough on specifically my thumbs (not sure why) and both my S6 and my iPhone 6S are having a lot of trouble reading my thumb prints. Getting kind of annoying.

Besides, with Apple's own rumors of Touch ID being entirely replaced (still don't believe this will become true...), I wouldn't be surprised if the technology for FPS underneath the display just isn't ready for primetime yet.

The only time I really miss the front FPS is when it's mounted in my car dock, so bring on the back sensor and IRIS scanner.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamezr

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Just three pieces of info I need now: 6gb RAM count in the US T-Mobile model? Is there a BOGO special with T-Mobile, and what is the price of the S8? If it's $800 bogo on EIP with 6gb of RAM, that's perfect because my budget is about $500-600 after bogo special where I split cost with a family member to get us two S8s or I sell my 2nd S8 online.

Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.