Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I might be the only one that thought the Pixel's camera didn't live up to the hype. When you got a shot right, it was gorgeous, but photos would too often come out a little blurry. It forced me to take multiple shots to ensure I got it right.

The S7E... no fear. Even if I can only get one shot in, I felt confident it would be great. I really couldn't say the same with my Pixel camera experience.
I love the camera on the S7e...but my experiences with the Pixel XL and S7e are different than yours. The pixel shoots great accurate photos no matter what and with no post editing on my part. The S7e photos are great but tend to be a little over saturated. It makes the colors really pop...but not accurate imho. Sometimes the color blurs because they are over saturated.

Reactions: MRU and epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
I love the camera on the S7e...but my experiences with the Pixel XL and S7e are different than yours. The pixel shoots great accurate photos no matter what and with no post editing on my part. The S7e photos are great but tend to be a little over saturated. It makes the colors really pop...but not accurate imho. Sometimes the color blurs because they are over saturated.

In terms of saturation, I did find the Pixel was more balanced. It was a nice blend of color accuracy (ala the iPhone) and post processing saturation (ala the S7). In that regard, I agree, the Pixel camera does better.

I personally love Samsung's image post processing though. While my iPhone 6S photos are terrific, I find the hardline stance on color accuracy makes the photos look bland.

Reactions: MRU and jamezr

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I might be the only one that thought the Pixel's camera didn't live up to the hype. When you got a shot right, it was gorgeous, but photos would too often come out a little blurry. It forced me to take multiple shots to ensure I got it right.

The S7E... no fear. Even if I can only get one shot in, I felt confident it would be great. I really couldn't say the same with my Pixel camera experience.
For me personally and my own experience the Pixels camera has produced some of the best photos I've ever taken on any smartphone ever. It has been better for me than either the S7/S7E or iPhone 7.

I've had no trouble with focus and such. Perhaps there are different camera cells being used much like Samsung use either Sony or Samsung camera cells.

Lava Lamp Freak

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2006
Wow much different than what I found. I guess no one really knows for sure yet.

The interesting thing is the two sets of leaked dimensions for S8 make a completely different shape. I wonder which one of these compares closest to the leaked renders/photos.

I can't decide which one I like better. Taller or wider. Hmm.

140.14 x 72.20 x 7.30 mm
148.9 x 68 x 8 mm

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
The wait for the S8 is killing me right now. The Note 5 I use cannot last more than 10 hrs period. Standby battery life atrocious too. I should've purchased the LG V20 for $360, sold the free projector with it for $150 and then sold my Nexus 5X for $220, pretty much paying off the V20.

Reactions: epicrayban

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
The wait for the S8 is killing me right now. The Note 5 I use cannot last more than 10 hrs period. Standby battery life atrocious too. I should've purchased the LG V20 for $360, sold the free projector with it for $150 and then sold my Nexus 5X for $220, pretty much paying off the V20.

Sucks that the deal is over for the V20. The S7 is still $360, and the S7 Edge has been corrected to $480. Anyone who got the Edge for $360 during that first day is lucky they capitalized on Tmo's mistake.

Anyway, I agree with you. I can't wait for the S8 to come out. I'm ready to upgrade my S6.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN

My Note 5 lasts a long time with use and on stand by. However, I had a program that I have since deleted that caused my battery to drain fast.

Yeah, the LG V20 deal was good. Personally, I got the S7 Edge for the $15.00/ month for a friend on my plan who lost her phone. Not too bad.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Another leaked photo with the S8 in a case this time :)

Still wary of the FP scanner next to the camera.....

This photo seems to be a cardboard cutout used to help case manufacturers. The dimensions are of the S8 but the artwork is the N7 all the way...even the date.

Samsung-Galaxy-S8-Leak.jpg

Reactions: MRU

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Sucks that the deal is over for the V20. The S7 is still $360, and the S7 Edge has been corrected to $480. Anyone who got the Edge for $360 during that first day is lucky they capitalized on Tmo's mistake.

Anyway, I agree with you. I can't wait for the S8 to come out. I'm ready to upgrade my S6.

I might ask them to see if they can retroactively honor that pricing tbh because I am fed up with the Note 5's battery life tbh. Not to mention that I have the flu, so no chance to go to the store to go purchase a device in person.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Nope. Not right away. The 1gb speeds are theoretical based on 1 person on the network. Realistically, we can see between 200-300 Mbps speeds.
Still, a lot faster than we have now!

I don't even think that's going to happen anytime soon.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Lol, just read an article that Nougat is now at 1% after 5 months. This is one of the main reasons I may just avoid Samsung this time around, that is freakin pitiful. Plus the locked bootloader really irks me. Ahh who am I kidding, I said the same drivel last time but was first in line for a Note 7.

But I will most likely wait to see what the Note 8 brings, and hopefully by then we will have some solid leaks for the iPhone 8. 2017 will be much different than 2016 in that Apple is blazing all its guns, unlike 2016 with the pitiful iPhone 7. I already see things in which Apple might be more advanced in, as in having the fp sensor in the front under the glass as opposed to a physical one on the back like the S8 might have. I'm also hoping that Apple does NOT curve the sides of the screen and simply makes them edge to edge as I'm not a big fan of the curved glass at all. Lastly, I'm still not a fan of how Google or Samsung handles my information and privacy and still feel that Apple is miles ahead of them on this.

Heck I'm also curious to see if Google takes the lambasting they got on their forums over their gigantic bezels to heart. I'm hoping the Pixel 2 improves this and becomes a true contender.

Reactions: tbayrgs

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013

That looks like a Note 7 wallpaper and the date is off. I thought there were more sensors on the device's top left front?

Reactions: jamezr

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014

This photo seems to be a cardboard cutout used to help case manufacturers. The dimensions are of the S8 but the artwork is the N7 all the way...even the date.

Why is the screen a Note 7 wallpaper? This one seems fake, but still a good indication of what it'll look like.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
My Note 5 lasts a long time with use and on stand by. However, I had a program that I have since deleted that caused my battery to drain fast.

Yeah, the LG V20 deal was good. Personally, I got the S7 Edge for the $15.00/ month for a friend on my plan who lost her phone. Not too bad.

I just hope the wait is worth it for the S8, if not, I will probably have to settle for the OP3T or G6. What I don't like about the S7 Edge from the time I owned one was the how there are no screen protectors for the device. Plus, the FP scanner is meh on Galaxy devices. I expect the S8 one to be very good.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Why not? There are users on T-Mobile now that get between 100 and 150mbps download speeds right now.

T-Mobile is killing it in nation wide speeds. My signal at home is eh, I get a lot of dropped calls, and my speeds very a ton, but outside of that, the price and features they offer make T-Mobile a solid carrier.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
That is true. But TMo also doesn't have a congested network. Prepare to see the speeds lower as they become more popular.
That isn't going to be the case as LTE-U utilizes unlicensed spectrum during times of congestion. Not to mention, carrier aggregation, 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM allow for more data movement between device and tower without the need for larger pipes. Companies like VERIZON and ATT didn't invest in the tech that will push speeds higher prior to 5G kicking in and they will pay the price for that over the next 3-5 years. Losing customers constantly to T-Mobile is already effecting their revenue stream and things will only get worse for them.

Reactions: nviz22

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
That isn't going to be the case as LTE-U utilizes unlicensed spectrum during times of congestion. Not to mention, carrier aggregation, 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM allow for more data movement between device and tower without the need for larger pipes. Companies like VERIZON and ATT didn't invest in the tech that will push speeds higher prior to 5G kicking in and they will pay the price for that over the next 3-5 years. Losing customers constantly to T-Mobile is already effecting their revenue stream and things will only get worse for them.

And the funny thing is that it's in addition to T-Mobile developing 5G tech too. I don't expect 5G to become mainstream for like another 3-5 years, but what we're getting is basically a better LTE-A infrastructure. ETA on the iPhone getting that is like 2019 lol.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Aside from a fine watch the Galaxy S8+ looks Amazing.

http://bgr.com/2017/02/23/galaxy-s8-plus-specs-sheet-leaks/

I really thought I was gonna get a iPhone 8 but wow. My only question is it's so large why not just fit a Stylus in there.?

To not make the Note line redundant or possibly since it might be an optional Wiacom stylus with a phone case designed with a slot, who knows about the rumored optional stylus at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.