Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Just received my Screen protector Spigen from Amazon!
Zero mention of iPhone 13 pro max on the box
Hope im not in for a bad surprise.
f927f5c3a7c98d3686c62d0f0ea8835b.jpg

J
e4e8e91bb24957a40f322de265a03e15.jpg

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Just wondering how do you like the matte screen protector?

I simply hate it 🤣 Gonna remove it today. It removes glare, yeah, and it's great under direct sun, but it blurs and dulls everything. The text and photos becomes fuzzier, the contrast and pop of colours is reduced. Go for it if you really need the no glare, or else better stick to glass. I feel this is polycarbonate, it's very thin and not very protective of the screen in case of falls. Just scratches.

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
I simply hate it 🤣 Gonna remove it today. It removes glare, yeah, and it's great under direct sun, but it blurs and dulls everything. The text and photos becomes fuzzier, the contrast and pop of colours is reduced. Go for it if you really need the no glare, or else better stick to glass. I feel this is polycarbonate, it's very thin and not very protective of the screen in case of falls. Just scratches.
Aww man that's really pity, thanks for honest thoughts.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I just installed the Spigen GLAStR EZ FIT (the one with the big hole for the notch) and wow, amazing. The screen now is just marvellous, clear, defined, shiny. Was so happy to tear away that belkin matte protector.

The first Spigen screen I installed was defective though, it had a smear of grease underneath one side, which I surely didn't do. The second one was perfect though and the installation was pretty easy. I don't know how I managed to avoid dust but I'm so happy now.

Reactions: MacWorld78

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Last edited:

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
This is what I posted in another screen protector thread....

I used the Spigen Glas.tR Ez Fit last year on my 12 Pro Max. It doesn't cover the notch. This year I ordered the same product again plus the ESR Armorite which does cover the notch.

I tried to install the ESR first because it looks high quality. You get two in the pack. I couldn't however get either installed without many air bubbles and dust caught under the screen. I wasn't very happy with the product.

The Spigen Glas.tR's are incredible easy to install. It only took me one try last year and one try just a few minutes ago. Their installation tray which just snaps on is incredibly super easy. I'd highly recommend them for most people. I would say more people than not are going to have trouble with the ESR's. Now I see people walking around with iPhone's with screen protectors that have bubbles and dust caught underneath and it doesn't seem to bother them. It would drive me absolutely crazy though. If ESR can improve their installation tray and make it as easy as Spigen I'd go with them.

Reactions: vito

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Anyone try the Spigen Edge to Edge? Unfortunately Spigen got rid of the notchless version of their normal glas.tr protectors and I much prefer the seamless look. This one covers the whole face of the phone but I'm curious how the fake black bezel on this protector looks:

That looks nice but it doesn't appear to have the same super easy installation tray that the Glas.tR does. I wouldn't buy it because of that.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Apple is no longer installing BELKIN Screen Protectors in store
Something about a quality issue
Only BELKIN available are the do it yourself kits

Detonation

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2015
Spigen has released their no notch version finally...

Last edited:
Reactions: vito and MacWorld78

yield2evolution

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2021
I picked up a JETech screen protector for my 13 Pro. I swear it’s making the screen have some motion blur. It’s not as smooth as before and when I limit the refresh rate to 60 it’s even more noticeable.

Has anyone had similar issues with their screen protectors? I might install the second protector to see if the first one was bad. If the second one has the same problem I’ll pick up one of the brands everyone recommended.

CoolRunnings

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
NYC
I just received my hoda sapphire screen protector for the 13 Pro Max. Near full coverage and the only cutout is for the earpiece.

Attachments

• IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 197
Reactions: Cruncher and Pug72

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Spoke with BELKIN was told it’s a quality issue and they would be back on the stores but they didn’t offer a time frame. Same thing happened with the iphone X
Buying the self install kit is the same product just that you have to put it on

CoolRunnings

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
NYC
Spoke with BELKIN was told it’s a quality issue and they would be back on the stores but they didn’t offer a time frame. Same thing happened with the iphone X
Buying the self install kit is the same product just that you have to put it on
Last year I would not have recommended doing it yourself as the glass was so precise that if you are a tad bit off you will get light bleed. But Belkin decided to be generous this year and have the screen protector glass cover more of the device. So even if you're slightly off you should be okay.

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
Here is an interesting review of a bunch that I ran across.

Thank you I did not know about top of range screen protector as "Shellrus sapphire" or "Hoda", I'm definitely going to buy them as soon they are out via Amazon UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

CoolRunnings

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
NYC
Thank you I did not know about top of range screen protector as "Shellrus sapphire", I'm definitely going to buy them as soon they are out via Amazon UK.
Shellrus decided to stop selling on Amazon US and UK. I believe the reason had to do with people who messed up on the installs abusing Amazon's return/exchange policy. hoda offers a similar sapphire screen protector. I purchased both out of curiosity.

hoda has the easier install since they have an installation tray similar to spigen EZ FIT and it has an anti-static adhesive. Shellrus just comes with the same alignment tool all these other screen protectors include. Shellrus must've switched to invisible ink because unlike previous generations I do NOT see their watermark. hoda has a tiny/faint watermark on the top left that I don't even notice.

Attachments

• IMG_3316.jpg
    IMG_3316.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: MacWorld78

MacWorld78

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2012
Shellrus decided to stop selling on Amazon US and UK. I believe the reason had to do with people who messed up on the installs abusing Amazon's return/exchange policy. hoda offers a similar sapphire screen protector. I purchased both out of curiosity.

hoda has the easier install since they have an installation tray similar to spigen EZ FIT and it has an anti-static adhesive. Shellrus just comes with the same alignment tool all these other screen protectors include. Shellrus must've switched to invisible ink because unlike previous generations I do NOT see their watermark. hoda has a tiny/faint watermark on the top left that I don't even notice.

I did a quick research and you're right about that. Can you see the watermark when display bright white background?

SC_IP12_EN_09.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.