Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolRunnings

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
NYC
yes you are

I did a quick research and you're right about that. Can you see the watermark when display bright white background?

SC_IP12_EN_09.jpg
The hoda watermark does not show up on white backgrounds.

Reactions: MacWorld78

CoolRunnings

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
NYC
Why on earth are these companies putting branding on their screen protectors anyway? I don't care how good they are, I wouldn't buy one just because of that.
It's their way to prevent people from just give them a regular glass screen protector when doing an exchange. The watermark is visible proof of authenticity. But the Shellrus now uses invisible ink. Even though both of these screen protectors come from the same factory it seems hoda didn't get the memo lol.

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
I’ve noticed an issue with my Spigen protector.

The adhesive does not cover the full glass. In certain angles/sunlight, and especially visible when the screen is off, the display is not uniform. You can clearly see there is only adhesive on the outer edge of the screen protector, and a strip of adhesive down the middle (the area where you press and slide when installing).

now that I saw it, hard to ignore. Anyone else noticed this?

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I’ve noticed an issue with my Spigen protector.

The adhesive does not cover the full glass. In certain angles/sunlight, and especially visible when the screen is off, the display is not uniform. You can clearly see there is only adhesive on the outer edge of the screen protector, and a strip of adhesive down the middle (the area where you press and slide when installing).

now that I saw it, hard to ignore. Anyone else noticed this?
Mine seems perfect even off and under the light. Looks completely uniform. But as I already said the first one was't perfect. I think they're great but maybe they had some quality issues in these first runs

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
Spoke with BELKIN was told it’s a quality issue and they would be back on the stores but they didn’t offer a time frame. Same thing happened with the iphone X
Buying the self install kit is the same product just that you have to put it on

There is something off with the self install kits as well. Bought through apple and it does not stick. Have to go back to the mall to return now.

Hamsterhjulet

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Denmark
Went with the Spigen GLAS.tR Ez Fit for my iPhone 13 Pro Max and its perfect. I used the EZ Fit series first time last year for my iPhone 12 Pro and loved it since. Good quality for a low price, and the installation is the easiest I've ever tried. Perfect in combination with the Apple Leather case.

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Apple is no longer installing BELKIN Screen Protectors in store
Something about a quality issue
Only BELKIN available are the do it yourself kits

Indefinitely? Until Belkin fixes the quality issue?

CoolRunnings

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2020
NYC
Is the screen protector case friendly?
Yes. I'm using it with the official leather midnight case and I put it in my friend Mous Limitless 4.0 case and there was no lifting.

Attachments

• IMG_3322.jpg
    IMG_3322.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: Ah0ck

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2012
Went with the Spigen GLAS.tR Ez Fit for my iPhone 13 Pro Max and its perfect. I used the EZ Fit series first time last year for my iPhone 12 Pro and loved it since. Good quality for a low price, and the installation is the easiest I've ever tried. Perfect in combination with the Apple Leather case.

Will you please share a pic? I’m trying to find one that will work with the Otterbox Defender.

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
It is probably the screen protected I bought from Amazon but the gap between the apple leather case and the edge of the phone is a major dirt and lint magnet from my pockets. Is it just me? Can’t tell if the cases are off or my protecter is off.
This is one thing that's very aggravating about screen protectors and cases. The damn dust everywhere on the gaps. Sure, the screen is scratchless and the phone is pristine in a case but the dust particles that collects on the edges makes it look not so premium.

A naked iphone doesn't collect dust like that since it just immediately wipes off coming out and in of your pocket. Hmmm,,,

Ah0ck

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2021
Will you please share a pic? I’m trying to find one that will work with the Otterbox Defender.
Why don't you get the screen protector from otterbox itself? Their screen protector are guaranteed to be compatible and fit with all their cases.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
Do the Spigen leave some gap around the edge? The ESR ones I got do not have much gap and lift up when I switch cases. The brand I used on my 11PM, which I forget, left enough room so it wasn’t an issue.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
Do the Spigen leave some gap around the edge? The ESR ones I got do not have much gap and lift up when I switch cases. The brand I used on my 11PM, which I forget, left enough room so it wasn’t an issue.
They do, here's mine (sorry for dirtiness)

Attachments

• IMG_3376.jpg
    IMG_3376.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 205

mici

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2021
This is my iPhone 13 Pro, with the the original Apple Leather Case.
I have tried multiple products, including Spigen Glas.tR EZ Fit and ESR Armorite.
However, all leave this annoying gap on the edges. The protector is aligned perfectly, but it never really does a good job of real edge to edge screen coverage. I believe that people will have different experiences with different cases, but in this scenario I cannot find any protector that does a better job at covering the whole screen.

The pictures all show the ESR Armorite. The protector is a little over 1mm short on all sides in order to cover the whole display glass. If you count in the uncovered area of the steel band that makes it almost a 2mm gap. Also you can see the unfortunate amount of dust this gap immediately collects. I had a way better experience with my old iPhone XS Max + Apple Leather Case + Spigen. Sad to see that even though we have flat edges now since the 12 series, they went and did some weird one-size-should-fit-all, which it cleary doesn't.

Attachments

• 2021-10-08 14.43.02.jpg
    2021-10-08 14.43.02.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 2021-10-08 14.43.00.jpg
    2021-10-08 14.43.00.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 2021-10-08 14.42.55.jpg
    2021-10-08 14.42.55.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2006
A good way to avoid dust is to apply it right after opening in a humid bathroom after a shower. Just make sure the phone isn’t cold or you could get condensation!

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
I called Apple Store in the Bay Area (San Francisco), but they still don't have the machine to apply the screen protector. Did anyone get theirs installed at the Apple Store?

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I learned about the Hoda just last week. I used the Shellrus for my iPhone 12 Pro and I was very happy. I know there is also Imos but here in Europe it is very difficult to get them.

For my iPhone 13 Pro Max I went with the Shellrus again even if Shipping is very expensive. But I can`t be happier.

Reactions: robotica

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
A good way to avoid dust is to apply it right after opening in a humid bathroom after a shower. Just make sure the phone isn’t cold or you could get condensation!
Also, you can use a swiffer duster around the area (table, lamp, etc) you’re going to install it at, maybe a few times before you commit. Usually there ends up being much less dust since you’re not spreading it everywhere since there’s barely anything to spread!

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I’ve been doing screen protectors for myself, family and friends since the iPhone 4. I never bother with all the special environments bathrooms etc.) and up until they started including dust stickers I was just very careful. Most of the time it was dust free.
Now with almost all the kits coming with dust stickers I can’t emphasize enough to USE THE DUST STICKERS.
-The key is to get everything ready.
-Clean the screen.
-Dust sticker every single part of the screen including the edges.
-Put the guide frame on.
-Dust sticker again.
-Peal the sheet off the screen protector STICKY SIDE DOWN (this is important so floating dust doesn’t settle onto the sticky side).
-Apply.
That’s it and I never get dust under the screen.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
I went to the Apple Store yesterday to kit up for my new 13PM, primarily to have them apply a tempered glass screen protector. That's when I found out Belkin pulled all the store-applied screen protectors. They had one there you could buy and apply yourself, but luckily there is a Zagg kiosk right outside the Apple Store in the mall. $40 for the best quality screen protector, tempered glass, applied as I watched. Perfect - no dust or bubbles. Zagg has their own jig and the screen protector has guide holes that line it up perfectly with the phone when its in. The guy doing the application at the kiosk has a practiced touch. If this one gets cracked or marked up in any way I may try applying one myself. Next time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.