Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
For the last few years I’ve always purchased Brotect AirGlass screen and back glass protectors, they are made of super thin flexible glass.

Ive never dropped a phone so just looking for the thinnest real glass scratch protection and these are great.

The attached pics are lit from one side emphasising the edges but head on in normal lighting you really can’t see there is anything on the screen.

Attachments

• 94ADCD07-9AE1-4600-A11F-0F4A0A65D63C.jpeg
    94ADCD07-9AE1-4600-A11F-0F4A0A65D63C.jpeg
    411.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 48EEE3F6-4309-440D-ADB3-09CCBCDE6241.jpeg
    48EEE3F6-4309-440D-ADB3-09CCBCDE6241.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 190
  • CDB73E89-2C53-495B-BE3C-55D0808E8FBD.jpeg
    CDB73E89-2C53-495B-BE3C-55D0808E8FBD.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 206

Ravox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2020
Looking at those screen protectors i really can't understand why this year almost none of the brands were capable to release a protector fully edge to edge all of them are leaving a gap

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
Looking at those screen protectors i really can't understand why this year almost none of the brands were capable to release a protector fully edge to edge all of them are leaving a gap
I agree, the one for my 12 mini was almost exactly the same size as the glass. I think it might be for ease of fitment as without a tool a lot of people find aligning them challenging.

Ravox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2020
Dantay since you are use to this cases with gaps have you ever had scratch issues on the gaps on your previous iphones?

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
I called Apple Store in the Bay Area (San Francisco), but they still don't have the machine to apply the screen protector. Did anyone get theirs installed at the Apple Store?

How do you actually get someone from the store on the phone? I’ve been trying to get through to my store in Sacramento, and always get routed to the call center folk and not the store.

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
Dantay since you are use to this cases with gaps have you ever had scratch issues on the gaps on your previous iphones?
As the protector covers the usable screen area I don’t expect there to be a problem.

If I am putting the phone in my pocket I always put it in a microfibre sunglasses pouch to further reduce the chance of screen scratches and to avoid dust and lint getting in the charging port and speaker grills.

Im extremely fussy about my tech and have never dropped or scratched any phone.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
How do you actually get someone from the store on the phone? I’ve been trying to get through to my store in Sacramento, and always get routed to the call center folk and not the store.
I was getting the call center all the time too. I accidentally pressed an option and someone from the store answered it.

Ravox

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2020
The one apple install Belkin leaves a gap too right? Anybody with this protector can share a pic with a Apple case?

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I had the belkin matte (don't buy it guys) and yeah it had the gap just like the spigen I posted earlier

I still have it here around if you want, tomorrow I can take a picture

I don't know if the belkin glass one is the same

Nhott

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2014
My Flolab anti-glare protector arrived today. I followed the directions and didn’t have any issues with dust or bubbles. I put my nomad case back on and all looks great. A few hours later I did notice a small bubble on the lower left side so I started squeezing the sides of the case and it turned out that the Flolab applicator tool was not precise enough to get it completely centered. I then decided to pull it back up and used the case as my guide.

Last edited:

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Anyone got their screen protector installed at Apple Store recently?
I was told they're only selling the plastic screen protector (also applied by a machine) and not the glass one.

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I was told they're only selling the plastic screen protector (also applied by a machine) and not the glass one.
The plastic one is matte and I highly un-reccomend it, so fuzzy

shinigamii

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
As of apply the plastic one you can switch to glass protector once it's available

doughboy52

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
I used Spigen first and the installation was amazing, but it made my screen look like trash when wearing polarized sunglasses. Switched to ESR Armorite and I’m really happy with the full, no-notch coverage and the rounded black edge. I use my phone caseless and the non-rounded one was driving me crazy with my finger hitting the edge.

Reactions: SlvrSrfr

shinigamii

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Does anyone know if apple got the iPhone 13/13 mini/13 pro/13 pro max screen protector machine in yet to apply the screen protectors?
Well if you need a clear screen guard then you can try Gadgetshieldz screen protector. I'm using it on my 13 Pro now and there are no bubble issues and does provide good protection against scratches.

Last edited:

bc 08

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2020
I really like the Tethys edge to edge screen protector I got for $7.99 off of Amazon.
I ran Tethys on my 11 Pro was was happy with it so gave them another shot.

It comes with 3 screen protectors, alignment tool, full screen dust removal sticker, doesn’t interfere with the in-call screen wake sensor and have never had a bubble that didn’t work itself out within a hour or two.
Perfect clarity and good scratch resistance too.

I’ll never buy another screen protector with then notch cutout again since edge to edge looks so much cleaner

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
Does anyone have any feedback on the long term use of the ESR Amorite? Specifically I’m wondering about the oleophobic coating and whether the screen remains free flowing and with good glide? I’ve had mine on for a few weeks but the screen is increasingly a bit sticky/restrictive to use and I wonder if the initial coating is wearing off already?

SlvrSrfr

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I used Spigen first and the installation was amazing, but it made my screen look like trash when wearing polarized sunglasses. Switched to ESR Armorite and I’m really happy with the full, no-notch coverage and the rounded black edge. I use my phone caseless and the non-rounded one was driving me crazy with my finger hitting the edge.
I wear polarized sunglasses too. Is the ESR Armorite a huge improvement over the Spigen when using polarized sunglasses?

aldo82

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
I wear polarized sunglasses too. Is the ESR Armorite a huge improvement over the Spigen when using polarized sunglasses?
In my experience the ESR is much better than the spigen. I don’t know if all polarised sunglasses are the same but with my oakleys the spigen was unusable as weird banding on the screen made me feel sick. But the ESR whilst not completely perfect is usable with sunglasses on

doughboy52

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
In my experience the ESR is much better than the spigen. I don’t know if all polarised sunglasses are the same but with my oakleys the spigen was unusable as weird banding on the screen made me feel sick. But the ESR whilst not completely perfect is usable with sunglasses on
Identical to my experience using Costa polarized. ESR is much better and it doesn’t bother me to use it like the Spigen one.

Reactions: SlvrSrfr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.