Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adam Ryan

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Same issue with my series 3 watch. It has been doing it since beta. Restarts multiple times a day. I have tried unpairing and repairing to get a fresh install but nothing has fixed it :(

thatvirtualboy

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2015
Chiming in..

Series 3 Cellular 42mm. Since WatchOS 7 installed, I’ll find it locked itself, so I enter the code to unlock, then it freezes and never fully unlocks. After a minute or two, it reboots. This has happened several times a day since the upgrade. No prior issues with WatchOS 6.

Poiboy03

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Has anyone tried this? Found it over @ apple forum someone said this works for him/her.

mnow

User level:Level 1

If you disable Health rate/ heart pressure/(puls on danish) under privacy in the watch app on your iphone, it wont crash anymore.
i disabled it today, and havent had any crashes after that.

*****"

denniscote

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Same problem here. S3 Cellular never had a problem before the update to watchOS 7. I have had at least 6 resets since the update. I'vs seen it rebooting a few times, but usually I just see a screen needing me to enter my passcode without ever taking the watch off.

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
Has anyone tried this? Found it over @ apple forum someone said this works for him/her.

mnow

If you disable Health rate/ heart pressure/(puls on danish) under privacy in the watch app on your iphone, it wont crash anymore.

*****"

I have seen it but did not do it since I want to track my workouts with my heart rate.

Rohit Barjatya

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
same issue here! No third party apps installed either. Watch was working fine till the time I updated the OS (*facepalm*)!!

It seems watchOS7 is buggy at the moment, pushing watch in and out of coma time and again. My watch restarts at least 6-7 times a day. Would this impact the battery life in someway as well? Not sure..thoughts?

ExAndroidUsr

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2020
same issue here! No third party apps installed either. Watch was working fine till the time I updated the OS (*facepalm*)!!

It seems watchOS7 is buggy at the moment, pushing watch in and out of coma time and again. My watch restarts at least 6-7 times a day. Would this impact the battery life in someway as well? Not sure..thoughts?

For me the battery life is more or less the same (of course the reboots make it a little less)

liteshow

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
My S3 has been perfect after installing watchos 7 - no resets. Mine is the GPS version so only 8 GB and I had to unpair and re-pair my watch to upgrade the os. The UI seems much faster and my battery life has definitely improved.

Anneke 154

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
my wife updated her Series3 to OS7 this week.

its rebooted twice so far today.

its a non cellular one.

i've noticed its rebooting when the phone is in the house somewhere and she goes outside/away/out of range of the phone.

could that be a clue?

I have the same idea. Yesterday I was out of range from wifi and bluetooth. Today again.

barneyman

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
??
same problem here, 3 or 4 times today...I think it might be something to do with it being out of range as well...or when the phone moves from wifi to cellular. I have a standard series3 wifi only

parsonsmike

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2017
Hey together,

My Series 3 (bought this year) keeps restarting after the upgrade to WatchOS 7. Before that, it worked really great and stable.
I did a complete reset (and didnt restored a backup) but the problem is still there. It happens 2-3 times per day, randomly, when wearing it (no action, no touch, nothing).

Anyone except me encountering this problem? Of course, its a .0-release and the Series 3 might not be as popular anymore as 4, 5 or 6 - but maybe some of you have this bug, too.

Greetings!
Yup. Exact same thing happening to mine.

Hi All, just popping in to let you know that my Series 3 has been doing this since I installed OS7 (Chome series 3, 42mm with Cellular) and resetting it completely last night and setting it back up from scratch seems to have resolved at least this issue. It hasn't restarted at all this morning although now it won't attach to my MBP for unlocking - still looking into that.

k20dub

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Same issue here. Series 3 with cellular. A couple of reboots everyday since I updated. Have a Series 6 on the way, but still annoying.

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Same issue. Series 3 GPS. 3-4 reboots daily since upgrading. For me, only happens when I'm on cellular (at least so far).

barneyman

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
??
Hi All, just popping in to let you know that my Series 3 has been doing this since I installed OS7 (Chome series 3, 42mm with Cellular) and resetting it completely last night and setting it back up from scratch seems to have resolved at least this issue. It hasn't restarted at all this morning although now it won't attach to my MBP for unlocking - still looking into that.

I thought there was no harm unpairing and re-pairing....maybe something maybe nothing....but the set up this time asked more questions...for example left or right wrist as well as text size which I don't recall being asked for before. It also reminded me that when sorting my wife's series3 out hers asked all these questions and to my knowledge has not had the reboot issues....

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
I was doing some work in the backyard, where my WiFi isn't great, and my S3 rebooted twice - I think there is some credence to the theory that this has to do with losing WiFi signal.

Interestingly enough, it was fine when I left the house earlier to go for a run, but I was in the Workout app in the Watch so maybe that helped?

Reactions: cjking2007

Albertbigndaft

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020

mnow

*****"
Can’t see how to disable it at the moment. Can anyone advise please? I’ve already uninstalled a 3rd party one to see if that made a difference (didn’t help).

Last edited:

Nell

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2012
London
I haven’t had a problem until today but it’s switched off completely once (took a while to respond and restart) and restarted itself a few times (and it’s only lunchtime!). My phone’s been in my pocket the whole time.

phoenixcat

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2016
I’ve been having this issue since the first beta. I thought I’d solved it by deleting all my watch faces but now it is back. I have a s3 lte.

It’s definitely linked to Wi-Fi as I found it seems to do it when I leave my house.
I was in holiday last week in a house with weak Wi-Fi and it was doing it 10 times a day.

barneyman

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
??
left the house today for about an hour without the phone and all was fine, same as the comment above about going for a run...thought it had fixed itself...but no, rebooted this lunchtime when in the house...just the once so far that I have spotted

dhernan3

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2020
I think it may have something to do with some watch faces... Namely the animated ones. I‘ll keep you posted guys.
I don't have any animated watch faces and I have reboots. Some others says it could be related to car's bluetooth. It's possible, because I have had some reboots after leaving my car, but not always.
This is happening since first public beta. They have mitigated the problem from first beta (a lot more of reboots), but still random reboots.

locovaca

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2002
Iowa
Both my wife’s (S3 LTE) and my watch (S3 GPS) had this issue. This morning I turned wifi off completely in settings. We shall see if it helps. I have noticed that it seems to trigger when moving into/out of wifi range as well after reading this thread. Thanks to her generous 16 gb of storage she did not have issues updating to 7 but I had to do a full hard reset on mine to get it to 7 so I don’t think the reset helps.

Reactions: Jxdawg

tony86442

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020
Contacted Apple support last night and they said they had are showing a possible issue with notifications sent to the watch from 3rd party apps. He had me turn off all the notifications from 3rd party apps and it has rebooted at least twice today that Ive seen. Contacted Apple support again today and the rep wanted to charge me a service fee to send it in to be inspected. It worked fine before the update...what are they going to do? I declined and will wait for an update that hopefully fixes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.