Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debsagos

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2012
no, it doesn't reserve stock.. only on check out... god I had some fun last year trying to secure my S3 SS.. it would show in stock but by the time you went through checkout, someone else would have bagged it
Argh, bloody hell. Annoying.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
They change at the end of the day once the store receives it's stock and can confirm you are getting it. Usually from 4/6pm the status will change to ready for collection.

Congrats. That means there is a shiny new gadget set aside for you

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
anyone who's getting the pick up notifications see a way of adding it to the wallet? I've got my IUP upgrade there, and my case order.. there jus no wallet link the email apple sent to do so for the watch!?

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
anyone who's getting the pick up notifications see a way of adding it to the wallet? I've got my IUP upgrade there, and my case order.. there jus no wallet link the email apple sent to do so for the watch!?
I was thinking the exact same thing! I’ve added it to wallet previous years but can’t see how this time.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
How long do I wait for a DPD notification from VF before deciding to come in to London and risk JL Oxford street? Its right by work so I can pop in, but was going to work from home (90 minutes commute away) waiting for DPD man.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
It would appear none of the Scottish JL stores will be stocking the AW. Shame.

My local stores say nothing in the app... guess they may change tomorrow. Would feel a bit "dirty" getting my watch from JL... usually purchase from Apple. Have my 1-8 oct delivery timescale, next option is Apple Store when I pick up my upgrade XS Max tomorrow, and then JL.

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
My local stores say nothing in the app... guess they may change tomorrow. Would feel a bit "dirty" getting my watch from JL... usually purchase from Apple. Have my 1-8 oct delivery timescale, next option is Apple Store when I pick up my upgrade XS Max tomorrow, and then JL.

This is the first year in quite a few that i'm not upgrading my phone on launch day. Slightly sad I don't get to make the journey for a shiny new toy at the Apple Store :D

I don't see the issue with buying at JL - surely buying from Very, like i've had to, would be "dirtier"......

Reactions: Jinjin

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK

I was thinking the exact same thing! I’ve added it to wallet previous years but can’t see how this time.

There was a link in the email I got, though on the phone it took a little while for the icon to show up when looking at the email on my phone.

Do you guys at least have this text in the email?

Attachments

• IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 165

Ben1980

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2013
Anyone else got Vodafone confirmation from DPD?

Not yet but despite been told otherwise earlier Vodafone have called to advise phone and watch in stock at warehouse, will be collected today and delivered tomorrow.

We’ll see

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Yay! Very have sent mine! Royal Mail haven't got it on their system yet, but it will probably be special delivery which means it will arrive tomorrow!
very.jpg

Reactions: philipc121

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
This is the first year in quite a few that i'm not upgrading my phone on launch day. Slightly sad I don't get to make the journey for a shiny new toy at the Apple Store :D

I don't see the issue with buying at JL - surely buying from Very, like i've had to, would be "dirtier"......

I've just always bought from Apple. We will see tomorrow. I need to try and snag a 64GB Gold XS for my wife on the iUP while I'm in there doing my upgrade.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
There was a link in the email I got, though on the phone it took a little while for the icon to show up when looking at the email on my phone.

don't have that on mine.. just the QR code.. no text mentioning wallet!? odd by hey ho, it'll still be mine tomorrow :D

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North

don't have that on mine.. just the QR code.. no text mentioning wallet!? odd by hey ho, it'll still be mine tomorrow :D
That’s weird, I don’t have it in mine either… are you picking a phone up as well @philipc121 ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.