Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
A lot of dispatch alerts seem to be going out now, still nothing from Curry’s/PC World though :confused:
I’ve looked through previous orders I’ve had with PC World and some of them haven’t dispatched until late (7:30pm) and even then some haven’t been dispatched until the early hours of the morning (1:30am) and they’ve still arrived that day.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
I got up at 9:30 and ordered from Very.

That’s life, eh?

Apple wouldn't load for me until 8.11 and by then all the stainless steel options had slipped. Checked Very and they had some 44mm stainless steels so grabbed one of those. Had an email from them saying it was dispatched today but the tracking doesn't show that it's actually with Royal Mail yet. Fingers crossed though!

Still need to find a 40mm SS for myself. Going to try my luck at the Apple Store tomorrow. Have two options I'd be happy with so will see. Going to do a little white magic tonight :D

Reactions: ohms12

Pelez

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2018
Manchester, England
I’ve looked through previous orders I’ve had with PC World and some of them haven’t dispatched until late (7:30pm) and even then some haven’t been dispatched until the early hours of the morning (1:30am) and they’ve still arrived that day.
Ooh that’s a bit more promising. Never pre-ordered with them before so don’t know what to expect. Thanks for letting me know.

Edit: who do they usually use for delivery?

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
OOOOOOH I spoke too soon!!

Snap! Mine is at the same RDC too! Surprised it's Tracked 24 rather than Special Delivery, but should still arrive tomorrow.

Apple wouldn't load for me until 8.11 and by then all the stainless steel options had slipped. Checked Very and they had some 44mm stainless steels so grabbed one of those. Had an email from them saying it was dispatched today but the tracking doesn't show that it's actually with Royal Mail yet. Fingers crossed though!

It will come through any minute - mine wasn't showing 30mins ago but is now. :)

I'm glad you managed to snag a SS - Very didn't have them for long! I kind of wanted the gold SS, but as Very didn't have it, the decision was made for me. I'm glad as I can't justify the cost, but tend to be an impulse buyer lol.

Reactions: ohms12

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
Mine shipped also, via UK Mail, to the DPD Parcel Wizard depot on Belfast.

DPD will then deliver to me on Monday to Ireland, as we cant get Stainless Steel here oddly. No carriers here cater for the cellular facility, so guess they just don't sell SS on the Irish Apple Store.

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
DPD confirmed my delivery tomorrow to my house for my iPhone and Watch, can't wait!

Last edited:
Reactions: aeroalex

quirkovski

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
From Argos, ordered a 40mm space grey, on fri 14th at 8:05am. My mate who ordered me one through Argos for a bit of discount just chased up my delivery.

Attachments

• 18D0AA36-8FC0-44D0-B935-A44314D931DB.jpeg
    18D0AA36-8FC0-44D0-B935-A44314D931DB.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 255

dan5701

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2017
From Argos, ordered a 40mm space grey, on fri 14th at 8:05am. My mate who ordered me one through Argos for a bit of discount just chased up my delivery.
That’s a bit rubbish... so how are we going to know there even out for delivery

Fr45er

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Another for Argos - ordered 18 Sep 2018, 21:23, Apple Watch S4 Cell 44mm- S Grey Alum/ Black Band

argos.PNG

Hustle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2007
USA
With Argos, do not get excited until you've received confirmation from Yodel etc.

Argos have previously been terrible at pre-orders. It wouldn't surprise me if they have zero stock.

I ordered with them for 21st Sep delivery, and Apple for mid-Oct delivery. Will be surprised if the Argos order gets here tomorrow.

youknownow

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
DPD have picked up my phones and they are on their way to the Raunds depot.
thats also my local DPD dept, must be pretty local to each other!
[doublepost=1537466049][/doublepost]been blessed to have ukmail deliver my watch tomorrow, wish it was DPD

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
If anyone's after a SS soon, Very now have it in stock!

https://www.very.co.uk/apple-watch-...eel-case-with-white-sport-band/1600304376.prd

Not sure it will arrive tomorrow, but could still be a quick way to get one.

Cheers for the tip! Just ordered on my Very account so let’s see what they say tomorrow. Can easily cancel.

That’s one on Apple due mid October and this one. I might also try my luck with JL for pickup tomorrow

Just out of curiosity when did the SS go live with Very?

Reactions: Bexx

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Guess I was a bit too optimistic that those of us on 1-8th dates might see them move forward a tad by now :(.

Reactions: morganperry

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Cheers for the tip! Just ordered on my Very account so let’s see what they say tomorrow. Can easily cancel.

That’s one on Apple due mid October and this one. I might also try my luck with JL for pickup tomorrow

Just out of curiosity when did the SS go live with Very?

I checked this morning and it wasn't there, so it's been added sometime this afternoon. No idea why I keep checking as I've already bought mine! :D

Hope it arrives quickly for you. I have pretty good faith in them delivering on the 22nd as promised. :)

Reactions: GadgetBen

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Noticing with John Lewis they're listing all the stainless steel models as 'Coming Soon' and all except the 44mm SS silver also say 'Out of Stock'. Seems the UK only really got the silver stainless model in the first delivery. Curious to see if the Apple Stores themselves fare better in the morning..

Reactions: victoriani
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.