Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Anyone remember if UKMail advise of a delivery time slot when they send out the text in the morning? Or tomorrow can I track the whereabouts of the Van

I’ve got to go out tomorrow to pick our kid up from playgroup and known my luck the driver will arrive when I’m out....

Luckily tho we have the Ring Pro setup so at least I’ll get a notification on my iPhone when the door rings lol

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Anyone remember if UKMail advise of a delivery time slot when they send out the text in the morning? Or tomorrow can I track the whereabouts of the Van

I’ve got to go out tomorrow to pick our kid up from playgroup and known my luck the driver will arrive when I’m out....

Luckily tho we have the Ring Pro setup so at least I’ll get a notification on my iPhone when the door rings lol
You’ll get a text in the morning with your slot, you’ll also see a squiggly path online stating you’re stop X of Y and I think you can also get a text alert when it’s your delivery next

Reactions: leebroath

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Great stuff thank you @johnyslats

We also live in a new build property, so just in case I’ll be marching up and down the bottom road haha ;)
[doublepost=1537471569][/doublepost]
Hopefully by this time tomorrow they'll be a good lot of us sat down with our shiny new watches on our wrists!! :D Happy delivery day tomorrow guys!

Shhhhhh some of the outsiders will get mad

:D:D

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
Hopefully by this time tomorrow they'll be a good lot of us sat down with our shiny new watches on our wrists!! :D Happy delivery day tomorrow guys!
I will be getting mine tomorrow, however i'll be at work when it arrives, my Mrs will be indoors as she is off tomorrow from work... so I am going to assuming she'll be teasing me when my iphone and watch arrive and sending me photos of the box from different angles... I love my wife :D she did the same with my case and pretty much with every phone i pre-ordered.

Reactions: azing and aeroalex

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
You’ll get a text in the morning with your slot, you’ll also see a squiggly path online stating you’re stop X of Y and I think you can also get a text alert when it’s your delivery next

7am - open tracking : Jeff is on delivery 8 - you are delivery 403
9am - check tracking : Jeff is in the next street o delivery 34! Hey Jeff, just pop round here...
1pm - delivery 400 - nearly here
1:01 - delivery 400
1:02 - delivery 400
1:09 - delivery 401 - aaargh!
1:10 - go for a wee
1:11 - was that the door? Run downstairs while frantically pulling your trousers up
1:12 - it’s here!
1:25 - unboxed and setting up - oh it’s gorgeous
1:30 - yep it’s just a watch....normal service is resumed...

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
7am - open tracking : Jeff is on delivery 8 - you are delivery 403
9am - check tracking : Jeff is in the next street o delivery 34! Hey Jeff, just pop round here...
1pm - delivery 400 - nearly here
1:01 - delivery 400
1:02 - delivery 400
1:09 - delivery 401 - aaargh!
1:10 - go for a wee
1:11 - was that the door? Run downstairs while frantically pulling your trousers up
1:12 - it’s here!
1:25 - unboxed and setting up - oh it’s gorgeous
1:30 - yep it’s just a watch....normal service is resumed...
you forgot to pull your trousers up man!

aeroalex

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
I will be getting mine tomorrow, however i'll be at work when it arrives, my Mrs will be indoors as she is off tomorrow from work... so I am going to assuming she'll be teasing me when my iphone and watch arrive and sending me photos of the box from different angles... I love my wife :D she did the same with my case and pretty much with every phone i pre-ordered.

Haa, love that! You'll be longing for home time tomorrow then :D Mines being delivered to work, so tomorrow is a write off workwise!

Reactions: rain111

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
Haa, love that! You'll be longing for home time tomorrow then :D Mines being delivered to work, so tomorrow is a write off workwise!
I don't trust delivery to my work place, never doing that, but ya i'll be pulling my hair every time my wife send me a photo of my stuff, then again I am leaving work early tomorrow too... not early enough i'd say (4pm)... anyway I have a plan for my wife... when pre-orders for the XR (she wants the Red, doesn't want the Max oddly...) when its the day for it too arrive, I hope she'll be at work and I am taking the day off and tease her... PAY BACK!!! :p:p:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
Snap! Mine is at the same RDC too! Surprised it's Tracked 24 rather than Special Delivery, but should still arrive tomorrow.

It will come through any minute - mine wasn't showing 30mins ago but is now.

I'm glad you managed to snag a SS - Very didn't have them for long! I kind of wanted the gold SS, but as Very didn't have it, the decision was made for me. I'm glad as I can't justify the cost, but tend to be an impulse buyer lol.

I decided to get mine sent to my local post office instead of home delivery - that way I know it’ll definitely be there for me to collect. Half the time the RM shows up at my door I never know about it! I’m convinced half the time they just slip the red note through the door and don’t bother knocking, honestly.

JDub7100

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2017

Yeah, UKMail here too. I was disappointed when I didn’t get DPD too. Got a text last year though when waiting for my X, so not so bad. Not as good as DPD, but not horrendous. Got it early too! :D

aeroalex

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Leicestershire, UK
I don't trust delivery to my work place, never doing that, but ya i'll be pulling my hair every time my wife send me a photo of my stuff, then again I am leaving work early tomorrow too... not early enough i'd say (4pm)... anyway I have a plan for my wife... when pre-orders for the XR (she wants the Red, doesn't want the Max oddly...) when its the day for it too arrive, I hope she'll be at work and I am taking the day off and tease her... PAY BACK!!! :p:p:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is a risky decision for most! I run my own business so I play receptionist when a delivery comes :D - but Graphic Designer to my clients for the most part!

Ha, you definitely need to give her some payback! :D After all that torture, it's got to be done!

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
Apple wouldn't load for me until 8.11 and by then all the stainless steel options had slipped. Checked Very and they had some 44mm stainless steels so grabbed one of those. Had an email from them saying it was dispatched today but the tracking doesn't show that it's actually with Royal Mail yet. Fingers crossed though!

Still need to find a 40mm SS for myself. Going to try my luck at the Apple Store tomorrow. Have two options I'd be happy with so will see. Going to do a little white magic tonight :D

I’ve had my alu series 1 for a few years now, with no real damage to it, other than 1 scratch on the aluminium. It’s not even deep - and I’ve rattled this watch off everything in existence! I really don’t baby it.

Makes me confident enough to know I’m not missing huge amounts by passing on the SS. The screen is still in excellent condition too. £750 odd is a bit steep considering my yearly iPhone switches are now £1k+....

rain111

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2012
UK
It is a risky decision for most! I run my own business so I play receptionist when a delivery comes :D - but Graphic Designer to my clients for the most part!

Ha, you definitely need to give her some payback! :D After all that torture, it's got to be done!
About time too for her to taste some of her medicine. :D and I am not going to tell her either!

Reactions: aeroalex
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.