Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phillybizzle

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Managed to grab a SS SB milanese this morning by checking istocknow...

Was live in Apple Regent street, made a flash purchase and within 5min stock was gone

image1.jpg
Ahh I got that notification too.

Annoyingly I want the sport band and mistakenly set milanese loop for the notifications. I already own a bunch of bands so don't need to double up.

applepie2100

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
I managed to lay my hands on a 44mm SG Nike Sportband today in the Apple Buchanan Street store and it was so worth the effort to find it. It's like night and day compared to my old 1st gen :D

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Very seem to have stock in all sizes and colours of the nike edition.

Just seen them on the app, gonna cancel my pre-order (delivers 8th-15th Oct) that’s been on order since we could pre-order and get one from there if it’s not dispatched by Sunday.
Takes the piss I think that I can pre-order weeks ago yet others can get it before me without pre-ordering.

Last edited:

Skiefire

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Always surprised me that apple physically bundle the watch with a strap as one item. Must make stock control and forecasting a nightmare having so many SKU’s. Would make more sense to have the bundle done at the store once someone has chosen a watch and strap combination. Could offer more varied mixtures then too, rather than the limited selection they do have.

Reactions: thomyorke68

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Any London stores have the SS 44 in this am? Looked but can’t seem to find any.

The only ones they have is Hermes. I checked iStockNow, but you can go to the store (or call them) and ask they might have some for walk-in customers.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
The only ones they have is Hermes. I checked iStockNow, but you can go to the store (or call them) and ask they might have some for walk-in customers.
Thanks buddy.

Yesterday I went to Stratford and Regent St. they only had 40 SS black and no 44’s. all stores have 40’s for walk in.

I’ve just got back from Bluewater and it’s the same story. No 44 stainless but 40’s available.

So frustrating.

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Thanks buddy.

Yesterday I went to Stratford and Regent St. they only had 40 SS black and no 44’s. all stores have 40’s for walk in.

I’ve just got back from Bluewater and it’s the same story. No 44 stainless but 40’s available.

So frustrating.

Did they have any Silver SS with Milanese Loop?

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
I didn’t ask sorry. But most stores have walk-ins for 40 SS black.

I went to Regent Street today but no Silver SS with Milanese Loop. They recommend coming to the store as early as possible to have a better chance of getting one. I work 9-6 so I can’t come early! Guess I’ll have to keep trying my luck

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I went to Regent Street today but no Silver SS with Milanese Loop. They recommend coming to the store as early as possible to have a better chance of getting one. I work 9-6 so I can’t come early! Guess I’ll have to keep trying my luck
Sorry dude, same here - I want SBSS but they only seem to have 40mm and not 44mm.

I've been checking daily at the stores!

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Sorry dude, same here - I want SBSS but they only seem to have 40mm and not 44mm.

I've been checking daily at the stores!

Try checking Compu B in Selfridges. I went there as well and they had 44mm in Silver and I think SB as well. They have deliveries every Tuesday and Friday so told me to call them to check stock!

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Try checking Compu B in Selfridges. I went there as well and they had 44mm in Silver and I think SB as well. They have deliveries every Tuesday and Friday so told me to call them to check stock!

Perfect thank you. I will check there on Tuesday as I’m meeting a friend for lunch in the Westend so will work. I’ll post back - thanks again.

Reactions: thomyorke68

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
Well my watch arrived....and it’s as brilliant as all the reviews. I’m so happy with it (from my series 0 - which is now a dedicated sleep tracker).

One small problem.

Vodafone. Ugh.

Activating cellular for the watch has been and continues to be a painful process.

I’ve been upgraded to a CTR14 plan, new 12 month contract (but 40gb for the same price as I paid for 25gb, so that’s ok)

Converted over to the OneNumber thing.

WiFi calling enabled.

Then nothing. The Apple Watch app just says ‘waiting’ with a spinning disc in the cellular section of settings.

Called back today to try and get it sorted, was told to unpair the watch and re-pair it. Unpairing seemed to trigger some sort of error which disabled wifi calling and it now won’t re-enable.

The second line technical team are now locked out of making changes as my account is ‘broken’ so my case has been escalated to third line network team with no estimate for a fix...

Yay.

bigrids

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2017
I have today binned Vodafone (ordered on 14 Sep with new iPhone ) after dreadful lack of information and communication. Ordered 44mm Gold aluminium on Very to be delivered Tuesday

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Well my watch arrived....and it’s as brilliant as all the reviews. I’m so happy with it (from my series 0 - which is now a dedicated sleep tracker).

One small problem.

Vodafone. Ugh.

Activating cellular for the watch has been and continues to be a painful process.

I’ve been upgraded to a CTR14 plan, new 12 month contract (but 40gb for the same price as I paid for 25gb, so that’s ok)

Converted over to the OneNumber thing.

WiFi calling enabled.

Then nothing. The Apple Watch app just says ‘waiting’ with a spinning disc in the cellular section of settings.

Called back today to try and get it sorted, was told to unpair the watch and re-pair it. Unpairing seemed to trigger some sort of error which disabled wifi calling and it now won’t re-enable.

The second line technical team are now locked out of making changes as my account is ‘broken’ so my case has been escalated to third line network team with no estimate for a fix...

Yay.

I phoned Vodafone today to set up my Series 4 with my existing SIM only account. Was expecting a challenge, but after a bit of a lengthy call (was put on hold a number of times), all was working 10 mins after the call had ended & I was not asked to change or renew my existing SIM only plan (which surprised me, as my existing plan was renewed back in 2017).

One thing which I did, before phoning Vodafone, was switch off WiFi on my phone - I read somewhere that this makes a difference when it comes to activating the Cellular service on the Watch, so maybe something to consider/keep in mind, which may help?

Good luck with getting everything sorted with Vodafone

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Just wow £1049 for a SS 40 ML Apple Watch!!!!

Just browsing other outlets and came across this.

Attachments

• B64A4B03-4FA6-414D-9396-2A29211657CD.png
    B64A4B03-4FA6-414D-9396-2A29211657CD.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 380

thomyorke68

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2018
Just wow £1049 for a SS 40 ML Apple Watch!!!!

Just browsing other outlets and came across this.

It says £799 for me: https://www.very.co.uk/apple-watch-...-steel-case-with-milanese-loop/1600304365.prd.

Anyway, don't order from Very, they're absolute *****. I ordered one on Tuesday and they declined my order, even though I paid upfront using my debit card (didn't use financing or anything). They do an internal security check or some BS on new accounts (even if you don't use financing) and I failed that for some unknown reason.

They still haven't refunded me, apparently you have to call them to refund your order, even if your order gets cancelled or declined by them. Luckily, I am with Monzo and they automatically reverse pending transactions in 7 days, so I am just waiting for mine to be reversed this coming Tuesday.

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
I phoned Vodafone today to set up my Series 4 with my existing SIM only account. Was expecting a challenge, but after a bit of a lengthy call (was put on hold a number of times), all was working 10 mins after the call had ended & I was not asked to change or renew my existing SIM only plan (which surprised me, as my existing plan was renewed back in 2017).

One thing which I did, before phoning Vodafone, was switch off WiFi on my phone - I read somewhere that this makes a difference when it comes to activating the Cellular service on the Watch, so maybe something to consider/keep in mind, which may help?

Good luck with getting everything sorted with Vodafone

Thank you, and thanks for the tip! Oddly, the Vodafone rep I spoke with initially asked me to make sure WiFi was turned on!!!

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
The original screenshot posted was from Littlewoods. Same company as Very but with a different business model - Littlewoods charge higher prices but typically interest free, whereas Very tend to be competitive price wise, but charge higher interest beyond any buy-now-pay-later period.

Given you're with Monzo you shouldn't have any issues getting them to sort it. It isn't entirely uncommon for retailers to perform their own security checks on higher value in demand items and it was probably something simple like an address inconsistency or something which might have triggered them to flag and reject the purchase (or maybe the use of a voucher code which took them below their margin limit on the item). You also have to consider - from Very's perspective folks paying with debit cards isn't good business for them - they're in the business of selling finance to customers which they can earn long term interest from.

Also, I do wonder - from their perspective they may not have actually 'charged' you - it might be because of the way Monzo works by hiding the whole pre-auth/presentment thing from customers, and in fact from Very's side they've just pre-auth'd the amount, but of course Monzo would show the full amount deducted and the transaction in your feed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.