Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
So, I'm still on the hunt for SS Black Apple Watch with sports band. I've been randomly walking into Apple stores Stratford have the ML version but not showing on their website!

Can anyone help in regards to the Black stainless steel 44 sports strap?

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Just spoke to KRCS and they have 21 models of the SS 44 with a white band on their books. Turns out they are kept in Apple's warehouse and they will be dispatched from there.

So if anybody is looking for a SS 44 that is a good place to get one and change the band to which ever you prefer
They were showing as in stock on the site last night and this morning. Although now showing as out of stock...

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
My SS 44 Gold Apple order (expected 15-22 Oct) just dispatched and should be here on Monday!
I have a SS 44 black sport band due in this window as well. Still Processing.

I'm off to work for 4 weeks Tuesday afternoon. Was expecting to get it when I got back in Nov, but this gives me some sense of hope. Is it coming directly from China?

Last edited:

yogamonkey

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
London
I have a SS black sport band due in this window as well. Still Processing.

I'm off to work for 4 weeks Tuesday afternoon. Was expecting to get it when I got back in Nov, but this gives me some sense of hope. Is it coming directly from China?

Yes it is sitting in Shanghai right now!

Renshy

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Does anyone know if you will be able to order the Nike+ tomorrow on the apple website for collection in stores?

I'm pretty new to this and didn't know if the stores get stock tomorrow on release too?

JSRinUK

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2018
Greater London, UK
Any Nike+ Watch orders showing live tracking?

I have a DPD number but it’s not gone live yet....
Mine says it's coming by UK MAIL and the link goes to a syncreon website. It currently has one entry (pickup at 18:09) with a "Est. Delivery Date" of tomorrow (5th). I don't like the word "Est.", but fingers crossed.

Reactions: gazzrenn

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
Does anyone know if you will be able to order the Nike+ tomorrow on the apple website for collection in stores?

I'm pretty new to this and didn't know if the stores get stock tomorrow on release too?
Somebody on here had posted that they popped into a Store to ask that very question. They were told that there would be no stock for a few weeks.

However, I would check the app at 06:00 in the morning and from 10:30 to 12:30 (or pop into a store) as they may have stock not listed on the app. Or check the JL webpage as they have listed for release tomorrow

Renshy

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2018
Somebody on here had posted that they popped into a Store to ask that very question. They were told that there would be no stock for a few weeks.

However, I would check the app at 06:00 in the morning and from 10:30 to 12:30 (or pop into a store) as they may have stock not listed on the app. Or check the JL webpage as they have listed for release tomorrow

Thank you.

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Anyone know the best place to try and order a Nike watch tomorrow?

Handy hint - download the John Lewis App & add the Watch you are after to a ‘Wish List’. If you then go into your ‘Wish List’, if the Watch is already in stock at the John Lewis warehouse, the ‘Add to Basket’ option will be active. However, although you can then add the Watch to your basket, you cannot currently ‘Checkout’ (assume you will be able to ‘Checkout’ once they start taking orders, but will that be midnight, 6a.m or 8a.m? I don’t know).

Once added to your Wish List, if the Watch is in stock, you can see the current stock level. Using this method, I think that John Lewis currently have only 8 x Series 4 Nike Watches in stock, ready for sale tomorrow & the only model they have, appears to be the non cellular 40mm with Sport Band. I have attached a screen shot of a Wish List I have created, which may make what I am trying to explain clearer.

I know about this, as when the Series 2 Nike Watch was launched, I actually managed to get a Nike Watch a few days before they officially went on sale, via this method (at the time, you could add to basket via a Wishlist & checkout, but it looks like John Lewis have now closed this loophole).

Good luck with getting a Nike Watch tomorrow (whether from John Lewis, or anywhere else)

Attachments

• EE5D8649-E0A4-4A93-BB10-95EFAD18E66A.png
    EE5D8649-E0A4-4A93-BB10-95EFAD18E66A.png
    604.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
I am after a 40mm Space Black & have one on order (with Sport Band), but it is not due for delivery until 23rd/30th October. If I can pick one up at an Apple Store or John Lewis sooner, I will cancel my order with Apple.

Anyway, as I was passing, I called into the Apple Store in Liverpool earlier today & asked the store assistant to check if they had any 40mm Space Black in stock - assumed that the answer would be ‘we have no stock’, as I have been checking reservation availability every day from 6a.m & throughout the day, but have yet to see a 40mm Space Black available to reserve in any store. To my surprise, they did have a 40mm Space Black in stock, but only with the Milanese Loop. I was tempted to snap up the Watch there & then, but I already have a Black Milanese Loop (which, to be honest, I have never really liked after it scratched my Series 0 SS)...additionally, I like the new Black Sport Band, which is lighter than my original Black Sport Band....plus, I would be paying £100 more than I was planning to pay (although I guess I could have sold the Milanese Loop on eBay, especially as the strap is now packaged separate to the watch). So I guess I will just have to keep checking Apple Reservations & John Lewis stock daily (hourly!)....but if anyone is in the North West & is after a 40mm Space Black with Milanese Loop, Liverpool store might be the place to head to

Well my search for the 40mm SSSB with Sport Band has come to an end. Had a day off work today & headed over to the Trafford Centre this morning. Called into the Apple Store to ask if they had stock. Bingo! They had the 40mm SSSB with Sport Band in stock...so I bought it there & then, and have cancelled the order I had placed, that was due for delivery 23rd to 30th Oct.

Feeling a little bit guilty about the expenditure though - right up until walking into the Apple Store today, I had been contemplating trying for a Nike Watch tomorrow and scrapping the idea of forking out an extra £300 on the SSSB...my head said buy the Nike Aluminium, but my heart said buy the SSSB...the heart won!

Reactions: JSRinUK

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Handy hint - download the John Lewis App & add the Watch you are after to a ‘Wish List’. If you then go into your ‘Wish List’, if the Watch is already in stock at the John Lewis warehouse, the ‘Add to Basket’ option will be active. However, although you can then add the Watch to your basket, you cannot currently ‘Checkout’ (assume you will be able to ‘Checkout’ once they start taking orders, but will that be midnight, 6a.m or 8a.m? I don’t know).

Once added to your Wish List, if the Watch is in stock, you can see the current stock level. Using this method, I think that John Lewis currently have only 8 x Series 4 Nike Watches in stock, ready for sale tomorrow & the only model they have, appears to be the non cellular 40mm with Sport Band. I have attached a screen shot of a Wish List I have created, which may make what I am trying to explain clearer.

I know about this, as when the Series 2 Nike Watch was launched, I actually managed to get a Nike Watch a few days before they officially went on sale, via this method (at the time, you could add to basket via a Wishlist & checkout, but it looks like John Lewis have now closed this loophole).

Good luck with getting a Nike Watch tomorrow (whether from John Lewis, or anywhere else)
Thanks for that! If I don't manage tomorrow I'll use this technique as seems like an easy way to check stock. JL seem to update their stock levels pretty randomly.

Reactions: MagicTorch

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
To anyone who has ordered via KRCS - do you normally receive a shipping confirmation email, and which courier do they tend to use?

Placed an order this morning for a SS 44mm (was promised they had stock and to expect delivery tomorrow), but other than the 'order processed' email haven't received anything or had any tracking details.

theiphoner

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2008
Just checked and ordered 2 Nike series 4 from the apple website for instore pickup today, not many models in but worth a shot

Reactions: MagicTorch

MagicTorch

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
UK
Looks like the SS drought is over. SS and SSSB in both sizes are showing as available to reserve for pick up today from Apple Stores in the North West (Liverpool / Trafford Centre / Arndale)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.