Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vhl71

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2009
Still nothing in my Apple Watch orders. Ordered two scheduled to be delivered on Friday. There was 2 temp authorizations on my cc yesterday and now it’s fine. Nothing charged yet.

Still says scheduled for Friday pickup.

Reactions: DianaMR

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
For whatever it is worth, my pending charges have since dropped off for my S4. I do have an estimated delivery date of 9.28 - 10.2.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
For those of you still in Shanghai, are you fairly close to Louisville, KY, say 1 day's travel time or less?

Reactions: DononyG2

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
So how do your Apple products using get from Louisville to Arizona, is it doable in 1 day?
No clue.. someone said some go to California but I’ve never seen that. I’m more worried about what is going on in Shanghai right now, there are only two flights scheduled (both this morning) and one of them is an hour and 30 minutes late TAKING OFF.. already, the other scheduled in a half hour but there’s a average 40 minute delay out of that airport… I’m just hoping we are on one of these two flights because if we’re not we’re in big trouble

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
So how do your Apple products using get from Louisville to Arizona, is it doable in 1 day?
It would be like anything else that moves domestically. There is an overnight flight from hub to hub, sorted at destination facilities and then sent for delivery. They will likely also use some commercial flights with freight availability to move product as well.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
No clue.. someone said some go to California but I’ve never seen that. I’m more worried about what is going on in Shanghai right now, there are only two flights scheduled (both this morning) and one of them is an hour and 30 minutes late TAKING OFF.. already, the other scheduled in a half hour but there’s a average 40 minute delay out of that airport… I’m just hoping we are on one of these two flights because if we’re not we’re in big trouble

I'm ok as long as it makes it to Louisville sometime tomorrow since it doesn't leave there until some time during the night to head to my CC and arrive before trucks leave at 7AM to deliver. How long is the usual travel time between Shanghai to
Anchorage to Louisville, does anybody know?

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
It would be like anything else that moves domestically. There is an overnight flight from hub to hub, sorted at destination facilities and then sent for delivery. They will likely also use some commercial flights with freight availability to move product as well.
Right, which means it has to be in Louisville by ? Wednesday? We are still sitting with big take off delays in Shanghai sigh
[doublepost=1537368016][/doublepost]
I'm ok as long as it makes it to Louisville sometime tomorrow since it doesn't leave there until some time during the night to head to my CC and arrive before trucks leave at 7AM to deliver. How long is the usual travel time between Shanghai to
Anchorage to Louisville, does anybody know?
Shanghai to anchorage is 7hr 48mins.. if we ever get out of there!

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

Sorry, I wasn't clear about that question. I was trying to determine if those of us still in Shanghai had less travel after they hit the US than those who have already left Anchorage? Just speculating as to why we are so far behind those. It really doesn't matter, but would help if we knew there was a plan behind it for me anyway.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Sorry, I wasn't clear about that question. I was trying to determine if those of us still in Shanghai had less travel after they hit the US than those who have already left Anchorage? Just speculating as to why we are so far behind those. It really doesn't matter, but would help if we knew there was a plan behind it for me anyway.
Like I said, I personally have never seen anything but anchorage then Louisville.. someone said in another forum California not Louisville but I highly question that. So mine needs to go from Shanghai this morning hopefully! Then AK then KY then back to AZ where it’s almost always Phoenix first, then I’m hours away from there... I wish your thought was a possibility but I’m thinking everything goes to KY

patrickbarnes

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
I ordered two watches at the same time, a 40mm and a 44mm.

Both shipped out at the same time and arrived in Shanghai at the same time (7:04pm).

Now one of them is making its way through Anchorage but the other has been stuck in Shanghai for 2 days.

Reactions: jhfenton

Sheboygan

Cancelled
Feb 27, 2016
For those of you still in Shanghai, are you fairly close to Louisville, KY, say 1 day's travel time or less?

St. Louis area. So yes, driving distance for UPS. Still sitting at Shanghai since 6 PM on the 17th (local time)

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ

Both shipped out at the same time and arrived in Shanghai at the same time (7:04pm).

Now one of them is making its way through Anchorage but the other has been stuck in Shanghai for 2 days.
Now that would be frustrating!

PeterJH3

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2017
Atlanta, GA
We should be grateful at all that Apple is able to coordinate a worldwide launch to 16+ countries on a single day/weekend. Don't forget that.

"Customers will be able to order Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21, in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK and US.

Customers will be able to order Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands."

It'll get here...

Reactions: cwanja

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016

Well that shot my theory for sure.

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Right, which means it has to be in Louisville by ? Wednesday? We are still sitting with big take off delays in Shanghai sigh
No, it could still get there Thursday (day time) and ship out around 10PM or 11PM local time on a flight. Pretty certain Apple probably pulls all strings and levers possible (with the exception of mother nature) to get these on time.

I will say that reading through some of these posts, people are looking at extremely granular details and drawing grave conclusions. Let's remember that there is a lot of logistical moving parts. If the customer facing portal is not updated, does not mean it is stuck in some airport. And trust me, I love Apple products (and technology) as much as the next poster.

Last edited:

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Like I said, I personally have never seen anything but anchorage then Louisville.. someone said in another forum California not Louisville but I highly question that. So mine needs to go from Shanghai this morning hopefully! Then AK then KY then back to AZ where it’s almost always Phoenix first, then I’m hours away from there... I wish your thought was a possibility but I’m thinking everything goes to KY

How are those plane doing? Has either taken off yet?

EvilRedLion

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Tulsa, Ok
How are those plane doing? Has either taken off yet?
I'm sure that they have taken off. i know from experience that processes in CN isn't always reliable due to skipped produces. I been like stalking the Tracking hardcore since My choice updated with the information. You also got to take in that flight time is like 14 hours from CN to tulsa, and what not through other states. I'm pretty sure that all the pre orders are in the US but waiting for the date set by apple to finish the process of shipping to your house on the 21st. On top of that it confuses me on why the pre-orders are being shipped from china and not from a warehouse in US? I know that all major carriers get their shipment in tomorrow or if they haven't already for Friday's release.

Scott-n-Houston

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2008
Houston (duh)
Anyone else’s UPS app showing “date tentative”? It used to say 9/21.
When I open the delivery it says scheduled for 9/21, but never seen this status in the summary screen.

Attachments

• 1B362716-0EF1-400D-AAE7-798B3E5DDDBF.jpeg
    1B362716-0EF1-400D-AAE7-798B3E5DDDBF.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 144
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.