Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applewatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
NorCal
No clue.. someone said some go to California but I’ve never seen that. I’m more worried about what is going on in Shanghai right now, there are only two flights scheduled (both this morning) and one of them is an hour and 30 minutes late TAKING OFF.. already, the other scheduled in a half hour but there’s a average 40 minute delay out of that airport… I’m just hoping we are on one of these two flights because if we’re not we’re in big trouble

The flights are delayed due to thunderstorms. Hopefully it clears up soon!

EvilRedLion

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Tulsa, Ok
What does that mean? Are they holding because I have more than 1 watching coming?
na im sure every tracking status is like that right now. It's only because it's a preorder. They don't want them out before 21st unless your a paid product reviewer.
[doublepost=1537374806][/doublepost]
The flights are delayed due to thunderstorms. Hopefully it clears up soon!
Na, The flights are moving. https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/UPS Todays planes can fly through almost anything.

Reactions: Scott-n-Houston

John-F

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Like many of you, my watches still show up as being in Shanghai. My iPhones left Anchorage and should now be in Louisville but have not been scanned yet.

BTW - I made the comment about flights going from Anchorage to California (Ontario, CA) in another thread which was met with skepticism here. In the past I did have a shipment go via that hub. Following link shows flights from Anchorage on a per week basis. Most likely is Louisville, but Ontario is possible [ADDED - Ontario possible for final distribution centers in surface transit distance from the airport.]

https://www.flightera.net/airport_airline/PANC/UPS

Last edited:
Reactions: DianaMR

DononyG2

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2011
KY/CIN
We should be grateful at all that Apple is able to coordinate a worldwide launch to 16+ countries on a single day/weekend. Don't forget that.

"Customers will be able to order Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21, in Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK and US.

Customers will be able to order Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS) beginning Friday, September 14, with availability beginning Friday, September 21, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UAE, UK, US and US Virgin Islands."

It'll get here...
We know..every year we do this same thing.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Both planes are en route finally, 7.5 hours to go apx.. anyone showing a departure scan?

EvilRedLion

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Tulsa, Ok
That I know, now the big question is are we on either one. :)

:p those planes are pretty big and can open a lot of packages. the only thing is really on the plane is boxes and 4-5 crew. no seats other than for them. We are on the planes for sure. But why are they going to ANCHORAGE, AK beats me.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
:p those planes are pretty big and can open a lot of packages. the only thing is really on the plane is boxes and 4-5 crew. no seats other than for them. We are on the planes for sure. But why are they going to ANCHORAGE, AK beats me.
I don’t know why either exactly but looking at the globe it is a pretty straight fast route. There are a lot of us counting on being finally on the way., whew!
What are you waiting for? I’ve just got one thing, the GSS 40mm. Can’t wait to see that color in person. I’m out of my comfort zone, I always get black or space gray.

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
I believe some products go to Canada from there and others to the US. Think of it as a fork in the road.

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Look at a globe rather than a map and pull a piece of string between Shanghai and Louisville, KY.

Edited: https://www.greatcirclemapper.net/en/great-circle-mapper.html?route=ZSPD-KSDF&aircraft=&speed=

Edited: If you pick different airports in the continental U.S., you can see that Anchorage is a reasonable compromise path from Shanghai to almost any destination.

Last edited:

EvilRedLion

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
Tulsa, Ok
I don’t know why either exactly but looking at the globe it is a pretty straight fast route. There are a lot of us counting on being finally on the way., whew!
What are you waiting for? I’ve just got one thing, the GSS 40mm. Can’t wait to see that color in person. I’m out of my comfort zone, I always get black or space gray.
I got the SA 40mm i Didn't want to spend more for SS. i know thats bad but. with Apple care+ wear and tear for normal use is repairable :p

Edit. I tried the LTE series 3 and didn't like it. I'm not going to spend 10 dollars more month for something that i cant fully use without my phone.

John-F

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Shanghai, China 09/20/2018 1:22 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 09/17/2018 6:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
Suzhou, China 09/17/2018 5:45 P.M. Departure Scan
09/17/2018 3:54 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/17/2018 9:38 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Shanghai, China 09/20/2018 1:22 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 09/17/2018 6:28 P.M. Arrival Scan
Suzhou, China 09/17/2018 6:13 P.M. Departure Scan
09/17/2018 4:15 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/17/2018 9:39 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

sirenized

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
0F5B9362-CC6F-4E15-A17B-0CD8E012CE62.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.