Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
An advantage of picking mine up at the Apple Store was that I got a chance to size the new loop bands. When I measured at home I got an 8 but when I actually tried it on in the store, the 7 fit better. I think it is going to be a problem for these new bands.

They didn’t have any in stock of a color I would wear though so I’m going to have to order online.
Uh oh, I used Apple's measuring tool in an Apple Store and it had me at size 8, I wonder if I should have chosen size 7 since it stretches.

craigc_

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Have a blue aluminum w/ leather link on order (Oct 6-9 delivery), but was able to reserve a titanium space black with Milanese for tomorrow morning Apple store pick up. My guess is I'll end up keeping the titanium, I love that it has the sapphire screen.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Picked up my 44m Titanium watch and it is super light compared to the SS I had previously. I like the brushed natural look.
Verizon has to add the IMEI to their database so it’s a watch until tomorrow

The Apple store in SF was very efficient- A lot of people were having issues with the woven bands but they were allowing swaps for another size. Glad I decided to chose a different band. I added AppleCare to my watch as well.

My tracking info for my orders updated as I was driving home so I would have gotten them on Monday 9/21 -If I would have known that I wouldn’t have bought one for pickup.

Last edited:

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
Picked up my 44m Titanium watch and it is super light compared to the SS I had previously. I like the brushed natural look.
Verizon has to add the IMEI to their database so it’s a watch until tomorrow

The Apple store in SF was very efficient- A lot of people were having issues with the woven bands but they were allowing swaps for another size. Glad I decided to chose a different band. I added AppleCare to my watch as well.

My tracking info for my orders updated as Cai was driving home so I would have gotten them on Monday 9/21 -If I would have known that I wouldn’t have bought one for pickup.
I’m interested to compare the weight as well. I never minded the SS and liked the heft. Hope the Ti doesn’t feel too light like the aluminum.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I’m interested to compare the weight as well. I never minded the SS and liked the heft. Hope the Ti doesn’t feel too light like the aluminum.

Hair over six grams, almost a quarter of an ounce.

edit - interesting that they shaved half to two thirds of a gram off going from S5 to S6

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
For those that went from the sbti 5 to 6 is the rubber sport strap the same exact gray color as the one that comes with the aw5?

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I’m so indecisive. I’m now reconsidering natural in favor of sb. Oh brother lol

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Uh oh, I used Apple's measuring tool in an Apple Store and it had me at size 8, I wonder if I should have chosen size 7 since it stretches.

Sadly from what I’ve read and experienced with my size today, yes. I’ve seen the sizing more wrong than I have right, but that’s sorta to be expected on the webs. Here’s a link to the thread discussing sizing.

For those that went from the sbti 5 to 6 is the rubber sport strap the same exact gray color as the one that comes with the aw5?

Great question. I’m curious about this as well. I’ll be able to compare on the 21st.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
The titanium is definitely worth the wait everyone -Wishing you all moved up delivery dates.

Attachments

• CBE3804C-ED8E-4E26-AD21-281817A3E5EB.jpeg
    CBE3804C-ED8E-4E26-AD21-281817A3E5EB.jpeg
    564.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

iPaul89

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
I ordered natural titanium with charcoal sport loop right away but got a September 25 - 29 delivery date. Just got a notice yesterday that it had shipped from China. Looks like it is estimated to deliver on Monday, September 28.

Checked the Apple Store app yesterday and saw my local store had it in stock and ready for pick-up. So I bought it in-store yesterday, and I'll return the one they shipped to me when it eventually shows up.

First time with titanium, and I love it!

JW313

Suspended
Sep 16, 2020
I ordered natural titanium with charcoal sport loop right away but got a September 25 - 29 delivery date. Just got a notice yesterday that it had shipped from China. Looks like it is estimated to deliver on Monday, September 28.

Checked the Apple Store app yesterday and saw my local store had it in stock and ready for pick-up. So I bought it in-store yesterday, and I'll return the one they shipped to me when it eventually shows up.

I would’ve done the same. There is no Apple Store in Michigan that sells Editions sadly. I think my 25-29 deliver date will be moved up to Monday this week or Wednesday at the latest.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I would’ve done the same. There is no Apple Store in Michigan that sells Editions sadly. I think my 25-29 deliver date will be moved up to Monday this week or Wednesday at the latest.

Yeah Apple said 28th when shipped email came, UPS then said Monday, but it needs to make clearance and get through China. I expect Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: JW313

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca

That’s the one I ended up with as well and I picked it up yesterday - The woven band delayed my order. I think I want the new solo band instead anyway now.

Last edited:

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
I am coming from a SS series 3 40mm to the SBTi with charcoal milanese loop, same cost as the other bands, $100, so I opted to “customize” mine to get that band instead, and I’ll sell my S3 SS once it arrives with Milanese.

here’s hoping SB is durable over natural Ti.. or else I’m waiting again for another order.

Reactions: MsRandall

themaestro

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland
Thinking of going for this strap with Titanium. What do you think? I'm also interested in the new Graphite but not so sure which strap goes best with that. Coming from version 2 so will probably keep for a while.

Attachments

• TiBaltic.png
    TiBaltic.png
    715.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

jmitchel

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
UK based here. Coming from a Al S4. Pre-ordered a Ti S6 with charcoal sports loop shortly after the Apple store came back up on Tuesday.

It's also coming directly from China using UPS.

Apple quoted Sept 25-28 for delivery which changed to 28th once it shipped. UPS then initially quoted Sept 25 delivery but that has been moved up twice now since it's been with them. Now scheduled for delivery Tuesday 22nd.

Last edited:

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
UK based here. Coming from a Al S4. Pre-ordered a Ti S6 with charcoal sports loop shortly after the Apple store came back up on Tuesday.

It's also coming directly from China using UPS. Currently on it's way from ICN>CGN on the 5X11.

Apple quoted Sept 25-28 for delivery which changed to 28th once it shipped. UPS then initially quoted Sept 25 delivery but that has been moved up twice now since it's been with them. Now scheduled for delivery Tuesday 22nd.
I’ve got the same configuration on order and have just got the dispatch email from Apple saying it will be delivered on the 28th.
it hasn’t gone live on the UPS system yet so I hope it gets moved up by a few days like yours as it would be nice to get it before next weekend.

themaestro

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2019
Ireland

It's also coming directly from China using UPS.

Does the Titanium come with an extra strap? If so, what colour is it?

jmitchel

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
According to other posts and the 'what's in the box' section of the Apple store app / website, yes it does come with another light grey M/L sports band.

Hmmm....my flight tracking it's a bit off here as my Watch / UPS package has just arrived at Dubai and not CGN as I initially thought!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
According to other posts and the 'what's in the box' section of the Apple store app / website, yes it does come with another light grey M/L sports band.

Hmmm....my flight tracking it's a bit off here as my Watch / UPS package has just arrived at Dubai and not CGN as I initially thought!

The natural Ti comes with a light gray sport band, the SB Ti comes with a dark gray sport band. Each band has a corresponding matching Ti pin.

Last year, and per unboxing posts this year, you get both S/M and M/L versions of the sport band - even though Apple's In the Box says different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.