Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Always on Siri.
Surely that's a bad idea, it's bad enough when I'm listening to RadioX via the app and Bluetooth speaker on my iPhone and the DJ decides it's a good idea to have some fun and say 'Hey Siri' which plays havoc with all the 6s users.

What I would like to see is an option to put your purchased movies into an order of your choosing and maybe even folders so can keep box sets together.

JeffPerrin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
Surely that's a bad idea, it's bad enough when I'm listening to RadioX via the app and Bluetooth speaker on my iPhone and the DJ decides it's a good idea to have some fun and say 'Hey Siri' which plays havoc with all the 6s users.

Apple had voice verification tech worked out way back when for Mac OS 9 (used for optional account login). Maybe Apple could bake that feature into the "Hey Siri" functionality so only authorized users could activate it?

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Be able to access purchase history on ATV4.
You can already do this
c6af8a4cf55701b3e4f596a6b0ae6058.jpg

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
• MFI-controller only apps.
• An App store where i can actually discover new things.
• Siri in my country, or just give me access to english Siri without having to go through hoops.
• Hey Siri, always on.
• Better HDMI-CEC support (I assume this is on the AppleTV. My LG TV turns on, but doesnt turn off)
• DTS support.
• Full iCloud Photo Library support.
• Boobs screensaver. (Hey, its a wish list!)
• Allow game emulators on the App store.
• 24 FPS support.
• A clock shown somewhere on the home menu.

Last edited:

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
- Mifi only remote supported apps

- Picture in Picture

- Different themed screen savers (I.e. Like the jellyfish watch face on the AW but as a screen saver for ATV)

- ability to sign into hotel guest wifi as some require you to put in your details on a safari pop up page, but as the ATV doesn't support webpages, you cannot.

- Local Downloads of movies and TV shows

- a live weather icon on the home screen

winstars

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2015
- Mifi only remote supported apps

- Picture in Picture

- Different themed screen savers (I.e. Like the jellyfish watch face on the AW but as a screen saver for ATV)

- ability to sign into hotel guest wifi as some require you to put in your details on a safari pop up page, but as the ATV doesn't support webpages, you cannot.

- Local Downloads of movies and TV shows

- a live weather icon on the home screen

In a hotel if you can get them to manually add your ATV4's WiFi address to their system for the length of your stay, you are good to go. The hotels mostly have to call your addy into their ISP and you need the hotel IT guy to do that generally, NOT Engineering... Knowing your WiFi addy is key, I took a picture of it with my phone and also made a p-Touch label of it and stuck it on the ATV4 itself...

I doubt that Apple with ever make the ATV so the splash page to sign in comes up, too browser ish, although it would easier for sure.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I have a large movie collection and I'd love to be able to use Siri to search the meta data in my library.

Navigating through a large list of movies is extraordinarily tedious so give me a way to jump the first letter of the title (similar to how you can jump to the last name of a person in Contacts on iOS).

Reactions: KazKam

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Search & Siri in "Computers". Never happened ever. It's good Apple forcing you do take more notice of the features that Apple TV provides, but they're neglecting the one thing you also use it for on our local network.

Who wants go to a "computer/iphone/tablet" to search for content when u have Apple TV right in front on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: KazKam

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
Dark UI, the current one is blinding
Movie Poster View, as in iTunes
Siri functions working across the board, for all content in iTunes, not just stuff purchased from iTunes
Be innovative again, this stuff should've been there from the start.

glad I don't write code for this stuff has to be a pain in the rear in, lol

2manygs

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
Midlands, UK
- More UK content pps- such as 'Amazon Prime', '5 On Demand', 'More4' etc. Include these apps in siri search

- Include 'Plex' in siri search

- iTunes Visualizer Screensaver to run whilst music is playing- really miss this from when I used to run a mac mini.

- MFi Only App Store Section

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Better HDMI-CEC support (I assume this is on the AppleTV. My LG TV turns on, but doesnt turn off)

The Siri Remote turns off my LG TV - just hold the ...erm... button next to the menu button (what is that button?)
[doublepost=1462360542][/doublepost]
More UK content pps- such as 'Amazon Prime', '5 On Demand', 'More4' etc.

None is this is OS or even Apple related, it's up to those channels to provide an app

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
The 'Home Button'

haha yeah, I'm not at home, and just don't look at it - it has an icon on ...which is a screen I guess :)
[doublepost=1462369105][/doublepost]
I am well aware of that. My audio system turns on and off just fine, the TV just doesn't turn off.

sure, I'm just saying, it's your TV/setup and not necessarily the ATV - only trying to help!

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
A really good tvOS 10 Wishlist here:

Slow motion playback
The previous Apple TV software supported slow motion playback but this feature was removed in the Apple TV 4 upgrade. Apple should add this functionality back when using the Siri remote.

Picture in Picture and, possibly, Split View
Users love Picture in Picture, introduced for iPad with iOS 9. If Apple could somehow deliver this to Apple TV, allowing us to view a Netflix movie whilst playing a game, for example, it would be really neat. More of a long-shot, but Split View apps would be neat on the TV too.

Dark Mode
The new tvOS interface is beautiful. The dynamic icons which subtly move with motion, the smooth animations and the gorgeous sound effects are just a joy to experience. One complaint many users have though is the sheer brightness of the display, especially at night time. One online commenter described it as being akin to seeing an atom bomb explode on their cinema screen in their house. I would advocate a Dark Mode which enables at sunset automatically, which uses dark backgrounds instead of light throughout the OS.

Full list: tvOS 10 Wishlist

What do you want to see in tvOS 10? I particularly would like a Dark Mode, Safari and the Universal Watch List.

Reactions: IndianBird

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
24 Hz video output
Always on Siri
Picture in Picture
Show how much total space left
Notifications
Watch list

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Notifications
Built in weather app
Picture in picture
Locally store content
Dark theme interface
More capable Siri
Space themed video screen savers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.