Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Digital audio passthrough. If we want our receiver to do the decoding, we should have that option. I'm pretty certain that those of us who would choose that option would happily give up interface sounds if necessary.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
We want it for local content. Not for streaming over the internet.
Though the amount of bandwidth used isn't much when it's with a h.265 encoded video. About the same as todays h.264 encoded video with DD+

The licensing for H.265 are just ridiculous. Don't expect it anytime soon.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
- Fix the damn loudness/dynamic range audio issue when playing purchased iTunes content; ideally implement real bitstream passthrough that doesn't mess with the sound.
- Dark mode.
- A better way to quickly scroll through long lists than flicking your thumb dozens of times; the accelerating scrolling on the ATV3 was much better.

Reactions: errol

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
- A better way to quickly scroll through long lists than flicking your thumb dozens of times; the accelerating scrolling on the ATV3 was much better.

Yes, yes, yes! It is absolutely painful to scroll through a large list. At the least give us another column with the letters of the alphabet to jump down into the list.

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland
- Dark Mode

- SIRI available in all countries (don’t bother with the language, english is just fine and better than nothing!!)

- Digital audio passthrough

- 24 Hz video output

- MFI-Controller only apps

- PIP

- VPN support

- Web Browser (I know it's not gonna happen ever.... :) )

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
How about user accounts like on the computer or Netflix you can choose the user
And the apps will be different based on what each user downloads

Anybody interested in that ?
[doublepost=1465324492][/doublepost]
- MFI-Controller only apps
Why ?

Reactions: boston04and07

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015

Yeah I'd be interested in that.
What I find most annoying when changing to a different family sharing account that there's no separate game saves to go with that account.
Even worse seems to be Gamecenter in that it's not as simple to change to a different user for any cloud saves even with changing the Apple ID as Gamecenter is separate.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013

Why ?

Some games will work better with a controller. Apple currently restricts devs by having them support the Siri Remote as default.

User accounts is something that has been asked for for years on all iOS devices.

stan.nikola

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
* Add iCloud Keychain support;
* Fix the airplay implementation (keeps dropping my airplay speakers after another device has used them but not stopped in the meantime, not able to find airplay speakers until atv4 restarted, and similar airplay issues).
* It's also ridiculous that airplay mirroring doesn't have an option to streatch the picture across the whole screen (match resolutions), instead it shows bars on the sides...

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
* It's also ridiculous that airplay mirroring doesn't have an option to streatch the picture across the whole screen (match resolutions), instead it shows bars on the sides...

I believe that only happens via iPad, no side bars when AirPlay Mirroring via iPhone.

Reactions: IndianBird

duri

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Rothrist, Switzerland

Why ?

Because that mandatory siri remote support cripples all good games!

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Because that mandatory siri remote support cripples all good games!
I thought you meant a controller that only works in the app and not control the OS ,
I forgot about the Siri rule, I only play games in provenance

Mind The Mac

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
On my ATV4 Wish List, I would like to see Bluetooth 4.0 enabled to allow at least two headphones to connect and receive simultaneously. This would allow late night viewing without annoying the neighbors or others in the house/apartment. Might also appeal to Gamers.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
On iOS devices you cannot open the stock videos app and play any iTunes movies/TV shows while on cellular. It will only play them when you are on wifi
Oh I did not know this. Would of thought there would of at least been an option to decide for yourself as you do with app updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.