Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
I'd be surprised if it gets on a plane so soon after being processed. There's another flight to EMA in about an hour that's a more likely choice. Still, East Midlands is in the arse end of nowhere so even if it gets there in the next couple of hours, it's still a several hours drive down to civilisation so I doubt it'd get down to me ready for delivery rounds, if they are doing Saturday deliveries. :p

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
1699700782814.jpeg

Well, not today and not tomorrow. Can’t see any DHL flights to East Midlands on the departures from Leipzig schedule, however the schedule only goes to 22:00 Sunday night.

So am hoping the first flight to EMA Monday morning will see the MBP’s arrive in the U.K. ready for delivery Monday.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
View attachment 2310788
Well, not today and not tomorrow. Can’t see any DHL flights to East Midlands on the departures from Leipzig schedule, however the schedule only goes to 22:00 Sunday night.

So am hoping the first flight to EMA Monday morning will see the MBP’s arrive in the U.K. ready for delivery Monday.
The DHL flights aren’t all listed on the schedule as I believe they’re flown largely ad-hoc based on DHL’s needs. Last night, two flights to Nottingham appeared at like 3 and 5am that weren’t listed at midnight.
I think most of DHL’s flights are at night too because priority is given to people carrying flights in the day. So there’s a good chance our laptops will be on flights in the small hours of the night later today.

My money is still on Monday. Darned shame it’s not here today though as there’s been an unusual major power outage here and my Mac Studio doesn’t work without power!!

Reactions: captpicar

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Mines arrived at a Shanghai facility for 2 days now. UPS. Says it will arrive in SF on Monday. Not sure how that’s possible.

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Just seen mine go to preparing to ship today - estimated delivery was 24-27th (M3 PRO 1TB 36GB RAM 14”), can I expect it a lot sooner?

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Mines updated to departed form Leipzig at 17:59 local time and a flight to East Midlands departed at 17:57. Maybe it’s on that flight!

Onimusha370

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2010
Mines updated to departed form Leipzig at 17:59 local time and a flight to East Midlands departed at 17:57. Maybe it’s on that flight!
Yessssss - I might drive down later tonight and see if I can bother anyone to try and let me have it early lol. Do you know when the plane is due to get into East mids? I might film the flight landing for extra excitement 😂

Reactions: captpicar

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Where do you look to see the flight schedule ?
You can see departing flights here: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/lej/departures

Not all flights are listed until they’re confirmed though as I think DHL operates a lot of ad-hoc flights based on cargo needs. There’s now another flight to East Midlands scheduled for 21:25. You can click through on there to the flights in question to track them and see their expected landing time. Off the top of my head I think the earlier one was due in at 6:30pm-ish UK time.

Onimusha370

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2010
Aaaa man if i wasn‘t making tea I’d head down there now and take some pics of the landing! I guess this all means that we’ll be getting our machines on Monday :) exciting

• Haha
Reactions: David1986H

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Aaaa man if i wasn‘t making tea I’d head down there now and take some pics of the landing! I guess this all means that we’ll be getting our machines on Monday :) exciting
Yeah I think that’s likely. Means I can spend work hours transferring everything! Although apparently with thunderbolt that’s pretty fast.

Onimusha370

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2010
Yeah I think that’s likely. Means I can spend work hours transferring everything! Although apparently with thunderbolt that’s pretty fast.
Yeah I need to figure out migration assistant, heard it can be tricky to force the Macs to use thunderbolt rather than default to WiFi…

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
I just saw this and it made me laugh thinking they going to send it in pieces and im going to have to put it together lol.

Of corse its referring to the trade in kit and the MacBook delivering on different days

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 13.24.55.png

• Haha
Reactions: Onimusha370
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.