Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

captpicar

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
Scotland
Here's my thinking and from past experience, if our MacBooks are on the BOX509 flight and gets to Leipzig around 9-10pm local, there should be a flight from Leipzig to East Midlands around 2-3am and be in the UK by 4-5am.

In the past my Macs have been delivered the same morning they take off from Leipzig so we could see deliveries tomorrow if DHL deliver on Saturdays which im sure they do.
Im hoping they deliver on Saturday, my experience is Apple Pay for a Mon to Fri delivery. I've looked at the online stores and the next window for the Max's to be picked up from the store is Tuesday, which makes think it'll Monday for us :-(

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
I don't think I've ever experienced Apple deliver on Saturdays. It just doesn't make sense as most businesses don't take deliveries on Saturdays.

swfcdm1

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
Sheffield
Anyone with a MacBook Pro experienced the bottom making a clicking noise? Sounds like the bottom cover hitting the internals only happens when picked up on one side

Tomguin

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2018
Oh well. My order got put back a couple of weeks despite them telling me it would likely be here Saturday or Monday and was in a truck that arrived yesterday. So I cancelled my order out of spite haha. Now I can’t get one for ages or with a discount. Anyone know how to get one before end of November / December?!

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
Saturday delivery is also more expensive. I did have to go to the DHL depot once on the weekend to pickup a laptop I needed for a business trip on the Monday. So if you're desperate, that's always an option.

noteple

macrumors 68000
Aug 30, 2011
I just had the opposite experience got notified last week it would be here 11/14 YPS. Showed up today 11/10 with a text from FedEx and then a deliver at 10:30 AM
space black 16inch m3 max 64GB 2TB.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
This flight is taking for ever.... They should of put a M3 Max chip in each engine to speed things up lol

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 16.49.54.png

ssong

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
London, UK
Cancelled my order from Apple to go through KRCS for the savings but they seem to be having issues processing orders through Klarna.. anyone else having / had issues?

Onimusha370

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2010
Sorry not tried yet, going to
Cancelled my order from Apple to go through KRCS for the savings but they seem to be having issues processing orders through Klarna.. anyone else having / had issues?
Sorry not tried yet - going to wait until I've got mine from Apple and tried out the SSD/RAM usage to figure out what to order from KRCS, can let you know then!

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Damn I wonder if the 2 hour delay means it might stay in Leipzig tonight rather than catch the 2am flight to the UK. Hopefully still makes it...
It's normally pretty quick from here onwards.

My M2 Max was processed at 11;55pm (Leipzig time), on a flight at 12:30am (Leipzig time) was at DHL delivery facility at 7am (uk time), out for delivery at 8am and was delivered at 1pm.

So if this flight lands at 10:45 there's a good chance. Unless they hold it somewhere over weekend

Reactions: Onimusha370

Onimusha370

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2010
It's normally pretty quick from here onwards.

My M2 Max was processed at 11;55pm (Leipzig time), on a flight at 12:30am (Leipzig time) was at DHL delivery facility at 7am (uk time), out for delivery at 8am and was delivered at 1pm.

So if this flight lands at 10:45 there's a good chance. Unless they hold it somewhere over weekend
That’s very exciting…. Fingers crossed for tomorrow :)

Reactions: David1986H

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Our Macs are in the hands of DHL now not Apples, its up to DHL when they deliver them.
Not really. DHL will only deliver based on the requirements that Apple asked for and paid for. Saturday delivery is usually extra and if Apple doesn't want to have Saturday deliveries as standard, then they will not have paid for this. Ideally we should have the option to pay DHL extra ourselves for a Saturday delivery if it would be faster but there is no option for this. Now Apple *might* have paid to enable Saturday deliveries but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Realistically, Monday is the earliest I think we're likely to start receiving our machines.

Edit: Just would like to add, as a counterpoint to what I wrote above, that DHL have been known to deliver Apple products on Saturdays. It looks like for some product releases on Fridays (e.g. iPhones), they've delivered pre-orders on the release day Friday or the following Saturday and missed deliveries on Fridays were automatically delivered on Saturdays. That was the case for the iPhone 12 release in 2020 and the 13" M2 MacBook Pro released in 2022. There may be more examples but those are the ones I've found so far. However, that was for non CTO orders, i.e. stock already in the UK, so delivery instructions might be different ('launch day' release products often have separate rules).

Last edited:

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Yeah could have missed the connecting flights to the UK due to the flight delay. There was a flight to East Midlands at 00:20 and one to London Stansted at 00:35 so maybe they were meant to go on those originally. There are a couple more to East Midlands overnight so they could still go on those flights. Looking less likely now for a Saturday delivery though.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Just been processed at Leipzig and there's a flight that just took off. Im thinking these updates are slightly behind and I might get a departure message soon.. Today could be the day.

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 01.43.15.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.