Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
No. It went from China to Germany to the U.K. Also UPS not DHL.

How long from Germany to being dispatched in UK?

Mine has followed the same route and left Germany at 01:10am this morning..

52418ca2688be936dc2beb47e24adbfd.jpg

695f02824eaeb0cd904a969ec485928e.jpg

thunderstorm

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
England, UK
How long from Germany to being dispatched in UK?

Mine has followed the same route and left Germany at 01:10am this morning..

52418ca2688be936dc2beb47e24adbfd.jpg

695f02824eaeb0cd904a969ec485928e.jpg

Mine travelled from Cologne with yours and doesn’t have the arrival scan yet either, but the plane landed just after 2am so I think they’re just behind in scanning!

Reactions: JupoDupo

George Ambler

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
Is yours one of the ones from Eindhoven?

I’m also quite frustrated with how slow the delivery is. No update from DHL since Friday, still stuck in the Netherlands. I wish I had just waited and picked one up in store.

I am waiting for the same blue combination!

It’s a great combo. Strap is comfy. Would have preferred a slight bright richer orange colour but still it looks great. The blue ends that slide into the watch don’t quite match the blue aluminium either.
Will be ordering a blue braided loop at one point

Baxdream

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
I can’t believe I’ve got a braided strap ordered and delivered in 24 hours yet the watch there’s no update other than the Eindhoven delivery Monday rubbish

Reactions: Sheza

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
DHL really dropping the ball here, so annoying Apple decided to diversify and use them instead of the more reliable UPS

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
Yes I was glad mine came by UPS. Not sure why Apple use both.

They use both because they have to, Apple books up nearly all of the air freight available around the Launch of new products. It's incredible how many they are shipping.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
They use both because they have to, Apple books up nearly all of the air freight available around the Launch of new products. It's incredible how many they are shipping.
I spoke to our UPS guy on launch day (we have a daily collection of 30-100 parcels, so know him quite well). I asked if he'd been busy delivering Apple watches and he was surprised there had been a launch. He said he hadn't delivered any. Completely different story on iPhone launch day.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I remember when it was all Kuehne+Nagel logistics. You knew when your Apple deliver was coming as they are not really a normal delivery firm to home owners.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I remember when it was all Kuehne+Nagel logistics. You knew when your Apple deliver was coming as they are not really a normal delivery firm to home owners.
I've never had anyone other than UPS deliver for me. I live in a different county to my last deliveries, so was pleased this hadn't changed.

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
DHL really dropping the ball here, so annoying Apple decided to diversify and use them instead of the more reliable UPS

DHL haven't received my package according to my tracking. Not sure why you'd think this was a DHL issue rather than an Apple issue?

All you are seeing is that Apple have placed the shipping order with DHL.

Almost certainly these have been shipped in bulk from China and will be dispatched (and hence received) via DHL once they are taken off the pallets in Eindhoven.

Reactions: cvdb1969

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Well, my trade in box has turned up...
So has mine and it states that the price is valid for fourteen days from when originally quoted. I'm not sure it's physically possible to get it returned within those fourteen days though.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
DHL haven't received my package according to my tracking. Not sure why you'd think this was a DHL issue rather than an Apple issue?

All you are seeing is that Apple have placed the shipping order with DHL.

Almost certainly these have been shipped in bulk from China and will be dispatched (and hence received) via DHL once they are taken off the pallets in Eindhoven.
It’s a DHL issue because watches have been booked and shipped out from China via UPS with no problems all last week and early this week. Smooth sailing straight from the source there.

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
It’s a DHL issue because watches have been booked and shipped out from China via UPS with no problems all last week and early this week. Smooth sailing straight from the source there.

Thats's because with UPS the watch entered UPS's system in China and can be tracked from there. DHL are just doing the final leg from Eindhoven to the UK, so you can't see China to Eindhoven as Apple are doing this via another carrier.

I'm still baffled as to why DHL is at fault when Apple hasn't passed the package to them yet.

Reactions: lpoolrob

ApplePenguin

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
STILL nothing from DHL, still hasn’t even left Eiendhoven. Apple Store app telling me it’s slipped to 28th but order status page online still saying Friday. I hope it’s Friday otherwise my trade in price-lock might get cancelled :/

I was worried about the same and Apple support said that if the delay is at their end - ie the watch arrival date is too late for the 14 days you still have the trade in price lock. They don’t expect us to ship back our existing watches without having received the new ones. A delay will still suck but one less worry. Mine is in the same Eindhoven black hole as yours.

Reactions: Sheza

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Thats's because with UPS the watch entered UPS's system in China and can be tracked from there. DHL are just doing the final leg from Eindhoven to the UK, so you can't see China to Eindhoven as Apple are doing this via another carrier.

I'm still baffled as to why DHL is at fault when Apple hasn't passed the package to them yet.
It’s not so much that it’s DHL’s fault, it’s that Apple are using them and not UPS for our watches. That’s the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.