Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
I got a confirmation message a few minutes ago. It should be delivered tomorrow
I've got so over the top now, I looked up the text from DHL for my MBP in June. It arrived at 4:25pm with delivery the next day, so it looks like this sort of time is typical form for delivery tomorrow. Not convinced mine will be unpacked in time (if it's actually there) but pleased for others.

TLDR; If you get the text today, it should deliver tomorrow :)

Reactions: mdavidson16

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Tracking not updated but text received for delivery tomoz SBTi watch to Manchester

edited Tracking updated

FE76DEB6-9DA9-4C5A-86D1-5EAA29763DE5.jpeg

Last edited:

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Nothing here (apple still say Tuesday 29th) which leaves me to believe that whatever service is used to deliver them to the DHL hub is just a slow service (cheap?), I would have expected after such a wait that all of ours were on one shipment but maybe not.

Reactions: petev

xkm

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Those who already received an update from Eindhoven, when was the planned delivery according to Apple for you?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
For those of us waiting for DHL tracking updates, this guy posted on Macrumors a while back that may be useful.

How to track your Apple order from China to the EU with DHL
  • First, understand that this is not really necessary to do, and if you just wait roughly 72 hours from the original email from Apple that your item shipped, your tracking number will start updating.
  • Second, your MBP is *not* in Eindhoven. It’s AMS office that receives the shipping request from Apple and enters it into the system. Don’t expect delivery the next day or something.
  • Third, if you ordered other things with your Mac (#donglelife for instance), expect it to go out on a slower flight and perhaps actually be dispatched by UPS once it’s within Europe. If you got a shipped notification from Apple, but receive no tracking number, this is why. Once it’s merged-in-transit, you’ll receive a tracking number from Apple. At that point though, it’s most likely already within Europe and the DHL/UPS tracker is giving you updates.
  • Fourth, if you get an estimated delivery date when looking at the Apple tracking link, assume this is when you get your Macbook. You’ll get an updated tracking date that *may* be earlier from DHL, once your MBP is processed by DHL in Amsterdam. This will roughly be 2.5 days after you receive your shipping notification, but it can changed based on the day of the week and scheduled cargo flights.
  • Fifth, estimations change entirely based on the day of the week, scheduled cargo flights. For instance, deliveries that land on a Friday/Saturday in Amsterdam, might all end up being processed over the weekend, so that a Monday delivery is possible.

Here’s how to work out and track your DHL Air Cargo flight and the process once it lands in Amsterdam.

1. Matches the day your DHL tracker says "Shipment notification sent" and "Shipment Entered Into System".
  2. Has a "Collect" delivery term
  3. Has a decent size cargo load (it's not going to be a 10kg shipment for instance)
  • Pay attention to the time zone differences between DHL in Amsterdam and PVG airport in Shanghai. You can check when the shipment is picked up, and then arrives at PVG airport. Assume that when Apple sends the notification, it's waiting for DHL to come pick it up within the next 12 hours, then factor that into your calculations.
  • You have to match your Apple tracking statuses also eg. the first "In transit to customer - shipment on schedule" after the initial "Shipped" status is that DHL's picked up the goods. Wait until you see "Shipment dispatched", then match that up with any flight info you find, as that means it's just left PVG or about to.
  • Track the flight number using flightaware / flightradar websites to see if the flight’s delayed and that it landed in AMS. Even the DHL Logistics tracker will not update when the plane lands immediately, but usually within 4 hours of it landing, you should see “Arrived at Destination Airport”
  • Expect your package to not clear customs and be delivered until the next day after the flight lands. In all cases, use the "Estimated Delivery" time that the DHL Logistics housebill tracking states. That's when they estimate to hand it over to the final carrier at DHL AMS, and it's the time you should get "Processed at AMS" appear on your DHL Express tracking.
  • Most important part for understanding when your regular DHL tracking info should update is this (attachment). The delivery time here is when DHL plans to hand it over to DHL AMS. If you've found the right housebill, then this "Estimated Delivery" time/day is when DHL tracking will say "Processed at AMS". From here, your DHL tracker continues the journey, and the cargo one ends.
  • In all instances, once you get the "Shipped" notification from Apple and have an estimated delivery date, don't expect it to arrive days earlier. It will either be on that date, or a day earlier if lucky. A day later if there's bad weather or whatever.
  • You can match your current status with the following statuses that Apple’s website will show when you click on “Tracking” on your order page. Your original tracking number will start updating from status 6.
1. Shipped
The goods are ready to be picked up.

2. In transit to customer – shipment on schedule
It's sitting at the airport in Shanghai waiting to fly out.

3. Shipment dispatched
Your air cargo flight left.

4. In transit to customer – shipment on schedule
It is in AMS, but not cleared customs yet.

5. Preparing handover to final carrier
It's passed through customs, and is on its way to AMS DHL hub.

6. In transit to customer - shipment on schedule
Again, this time it is processed at DHL AMS and is waiting to fly out to your country - usually that night. DHL will give you your delivery estimate at this point, just go ahead and use the DHL tracking as it will be more accurate and have more info. It hasn’t yet left AMS.

7. In transit to destination country
It’s departed AMS and now moving along the DHL system from Amsterdam to Leipzig or Heathrow’s sort facility, and then continuing to the delivery facility where you live.

8. With courier
9. Delivered

----------------------------------

If you’re curious about the statuses of the DHL Air Cargo tracker, here they are. Some statuses actually seem to appear backdated, that’s normal, but here’s how the tracker looks when complete:

15. Shipment Delivered
This always seems to be around 45 minutes after step 14, and it’s the end of the air cargo journey.

14. Out for Delivery
I assume this means its on its way to the DHL hub in AMS, but it doesn’t always seem to be the case.

13. Documents Recovered
Not always shown, and not sure it’s that important or useful.

12. Data Recovered
Not always shown, and not sure it’s that important or useful.

11. Recovered at Destination Airport
Matches step 9. DHL has taken the goods off the airline now. You may also see “Sent to customs” and “Customs cleared” that match this time.

You’re going to get an updated delivery time on your DHL tracking very shortly, and right after that, you’ll reach step 2 on your DHL tracking, namely, “Processed at AMS”.

10. Arrived at Destination Airport
Matches step 8.

9. Recovered
Matches step 11.

8. Carrier: Arrived
Cargo airline adds confirmation that the plane landed. Matches step 10.

7. Carrier: Departed
Cargo airline adds confirmation that the plane departed.

6. Departed DHL Hub
Goods left DHL’s warehouse at PVG and are on their way to be loaded on the plane.

5. Manifested for Carriage
DHL has received clearance to put your goods on a plane. You’ll have a flight number now.

4. Received at Origin
DHL has dropped your MBP off at Shanghai.

3. Shipment Pickup
DHL has picked up your MBP from Apple.

2. Estimated Delivery
When DHL Air Cargo expects to have this handed over and processed at DHL AMS hub.

1. Shipment Entered Into System
Matches the date/time you see on your DHL tracking link.

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
Despite calling Apple on Friday at 8am and being told they would tell the courier to return to them, it is still being delivered tomorrow. Up until yesterday I was being told by Apple that it would in all likelihood not be delivered as they had recalled it.

I managed to get one from the Store on Friday morning, but it looks like for a few days I will have two new watches.

Baxdream

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
It’s great seeing the updates from Eindhoven! I was beginning to think we were never getting our watches ?

no updates here but mine was updated later and is 28/9 delivery.
Has anyone with a Monday delivery had an update?

phoenixcat

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2016
It’s great seeing the updates from Eindhoven! I was beginning to think we were never getting our watches

no updates here but mine was updated later and is 28/9 delivery.
Has anyone with a Monday delivery had an update?

Mine said Monday and I’ve had the text I’m getting it tomorrow.

QuiteGrumpy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
South England
Mine said Monday and I’ve had the text I’m getting it tomorrow.

That‘s good to hear. Mine’s due Monday but I was really hoping it would come before the weekend. I wonder if the time we placed the order or the Apple Watch model/strap we’re getting makes a difference to when it’ll move or if it’s pure chance!?

Last edited:

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
I'm a Monday delivery guy, and have had nothing. I'm not holding out much hope for a text this evening saying delivery tomorrow ?
Monday here too (website - tue app), just had the text like a few minutes ago (after 7pm)

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Do your texts tell you what time you’ll receive your delivery (Apple have the wrong number for me so I won’t get texts)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.