Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Mine was in the Eindhoven black hole, then finally was due today from DHL but is currently stuck in Leipzig.

Just spoke to them and there was a technical problem with sorting and i'm delayed to Monday now (DHL Tracking still says delivery today..)

petev

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
Mine was in the Eindhoven black hole, then finally was due today from DHL but is currently stuck in Leipzig.

Just spoke to them and there was a technical problem with sorting and i'm delayed to Monday now (DHL Tracking still says delivery today..)

Ridiculous, I hope none of my future Apple products will be handled by DHL or if they will, it will go much much smoother. I'm really on the verge of losing my patience and becoming a Karen ?

GreggyDoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Same. I think the thing that really makes it frustrating is that tracking is pretty much none existent until what seems like that last 24 hours. Most other couriers can track after it leaves china so I don't see why DHL can't.

lnpbk

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
I ordered 2 watches shortly after the keynote. My wife's via UPS, and mine is via DHL (still in the Eindhoven hole.) We both had estimated delivery on the Sept 28th on the Apple website. My wife's arrived Wednesday, after a 1 day delay because of a UPS sorting error. I've had nothing since Friday evening ?

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Same. I think the thing that really makes it frustrating is that tracking is pretty much none existent until what seems like that last 24 hours. Most other couriers can track after it leaves china so I don't see why DHL can't.
Yeah i agree. We are clueless until DHL update the shipping page and even then it seems a bit hit and miss

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01

Who are the 'them' that you spoke to?
Both Apple and DHL sites say I'm due delivery today but the most recent DHL tracking details show Leipzig at 03:22 this morning.

This is the absolute worst product launch I've seen from Apple.

Reactions: limesmoothie

iSimon

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
Glasgow

Sounds like that may be the same for me. I'm yet another who ordered immediately on the very first day (blue with woven blue) and had an original estimate of Sep 25-28 but had been sat in the Eindhoven tracking hole up until yesterday when it finally moved to Amsterdam and then back to Leipzig, but unfortunately despite arriving there at 0100 it has been sat at "Processed" there since 0600. The DHL tracking and Apple website still claim delivery today but I suspect it may end up being Monday now given what you've said. The Apple app has always maintained Monday throughout anyway - I suspect the App just uses the pessimistic end of the delivery window and the website the optimistic end! Can't quite see it making its way from Leipzig to Glasgow and to me on the same day.

petev

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
I ordered 2 watches shortly after the keynote. My wife's via UPS, and mine is via DHL (still in the Eindhoven hole.) We both had estimated delivery on the Sept 28th on the Apple website. My wife's arrived Wednesday, after a 1 day delay because of a UPS sorting error. I've had nothing since Friday evening ?

That's another thing I can't fathom. How the f does one of the watches get shipped by UPS and the other by DHL?! At first I thought it was a regional kind of thing - DHL handles the shipping for certain EU countries and UPS for others. But I'm assuming you and your wife live together in the same city and country (lol) so it no longer makes sense to me...

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Sounds like that may be the same for me. I'm yet another who ordered immediately on the very first day (blue with woven blue) and had an original estimate of Sep 25-28 but had been sat in the Eindhoven tracking hole up until yesterday when it finally moved to Amsterdam and then back to Leipzig, but unfortunately despite arriving there at 0100 it has been sat at "Processed" there since 0600. The DHL tracking and Apple website still claim delivery today but I suspect it may end up being Monday now given what you've said. The Apple app has always maintained Monday throughout anyway - I suspect the App just uses the pessimistic end of the delivery window and the website the optimistic end! Can't quite see it making its way from Leipzig to Glasgow and to me on the same day.

Yup - we're in the same boat (uhhh.. plane) ;)

Reactions: ashton18

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Agreed, ordered a lot of Apple stuff over the years and this is my worst delivery experience by far.

I had a nightmare getting (and setting up) my S4 cellular Watch, but that was entirely down to Vodafone.

This has been a bit of a shambles, not unexpectedly given the state of 2020, but doesn’t bode well for iPhone 12 launch.

(I got my 2020 Pro and MBA ahead of the quoted shipping date earlier in the year)

Reactions: Malcster

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
Yep, another DHL Eindhboven one here. Processed at 20:21 on Friday 18th... nothing since. Not a peep. Due for delivery 28th apparently.

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
DHL / 25th:

I got the text last night after 5.30PM, but Apple website now says Shipment Delayed. Has been via Leipzig & now just left East Midlands only at 0640AM.

They'll need to take a batch to Leeds in my case to then break down into individual delivery rounds, so would be very surprised to see it today now ...

Well - here's a turn-up for the books ... It would be astonishing if they're able to deliver it same day it gets scanned into the local depot at 0813AM.

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 10.59.17.png

ApplePenguin

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
I'm the same, Leipzig early this morning. I chased DHL who told me they didn't know where it was, then called Apple who were then told by DHL that things weren't scanned because of a power cut in leipzig, and it may be there or may be in the UK and out for delivery, they don't know.

Apparently it will either arrive today, because they have no idea if it's made it and is out for delivery, or I'll get an update within 24 hours :rolleyes:

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
I've just said in the other thread - DHL will move the logistics about over the weekend, they just won't do local deliveries I gather. So if your package arrives today, tomorrow, or Sunday in Amsterdam (not Eindhoven, it's a misdirection), then 28th would be expected delivery day.
Mine is still missing in action since it left Heathrow, traffic jam on the M4 perhaps as I think it goes to reading before local vans set off from there. So I may be Monday if it misses the vans.

ApplePenguin

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
I've just said in the other thread - DHL will move the logistics about over the weekend, they just won't do local deliveries I gather. So if your package arrives today, tomorrow, or Sunday in Amsterdam (not Eindhoven, it's a misdirection), then 28th would be expected delivery day.
Mine is still missing in action since it left Heathrow, traffic jam on the M4 perhaps as I think it goes to reading before local vans set off from there. So I may be Monday if it misses the vans.

When I spoke to DHL they seemed to think delivery tomorrow was an option so who knows... ?‍♀️

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
I'm the same, Leipzig early this morning. I chased DHL who told me they didn't know where it was, then called Apple who were then told by DHL that things weren't scanned because of a power cut in leipzig, and it may be there or may be in the UK and out for delivery, they don't know.

Apparently it will either arrive today, because they have no idea if it's made it and is out for delivery, or I'll get an update within 24 hours :rolleyes:

Interesting, this is more detail than they gave me, maybe there is a hope it’ll still be today, but DHL seemed pretty sure it‘d be Monday... fingers crossed!

Reactions: ApplePenguin

ApplePenguin

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
Interesting, this is more detail than they gave me, maybe there is a hope it’ll still be today, but DHL seemed pretty sure it‘d be Monday... fingers crossed!

I'm not too convinced mine will arrive today, given the tracking implies it never left Leipzig but they genuinely didn't seem to have a clue where it was (and then said the same to the person from Apple I called who said she talked to them - and I believe it because she got the same power cut story) so maybe it has left. They were saying if it wasn't scanned/didn't register leaving Leipzig then it could mess up all the future auto tracking - and I guess the first time it would be actively handled would be on delivery.

It arrived there at the same time as other shipments on here that made it to the UK this morning (1:00am) and has a similar processing time scan so the issue must have hit then.

We'll see I guess, fingers crossed for us both! If not, hopefully we get the Saturday delivery they mentioned, if that even exists.

Reactions: Malcster

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Mine left Heathrow at 7:40 after being ‘on hold’ for a few hours in the AM. Not out with a local courier though although the fact that some are getting a courier notification this late in the day still gives me hope...

Apple’s online page said the shipment was delayed when DHL said ‘on hold’ but has returned to being 25th after there was more movement at Heathrow...

spamoom

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.34.16.png

Mine has just updated to on hold - estimated delivery for today still (can't see that happening ?)

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
When I spoke to DHL they seemed to think delivery tomorrow was an option so who knows... ?‍♀️

Pre-Covid DHL were Monday to Friday, I believe they are currently doing Saturday deliveries. DPD do 7 days a week but I think they are the only ones.

Reactions: ashton18
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.