Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Mine just arrived in reading - interesting that there was a power cut in Leipzig, fingers crossed for some nice surprises for people. May well be they do extra work over the weekend.

lnpbk

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
That's another thing I can't fathom. How the f does one of the watches get shipped by UPS and the other by DHL?! At first I thought it was a regional kind of thing - DHL handles the shipping for certain EU countries and UPS for others. But I'm assuming you and your wife live together in the same city and country (lol) so it no longer makes sense to me...
Yeah, we live together. I've only ever had UPS deliver my Apple products before, so the DHL experience has been less than ideal.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Another twist - at 10:50 (when I usually get a text that it’s with a local courier) it apparently left Heathrow...

77FFAE52-4F53-4CCE-8E6C-25A4B44A30FA.jpeg

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
DHL / 25th:

I got the text last night after 5.30PM, but Apple website now says Shipment Delayed. Has been via Leipzig & now just left East Midlands only at 0640AM.

They'll need to take a batch to Leeds in my case to then break down into individual delivery rounds, so would be very surprised to see it today now ...

Is yours out for delivery. Mine also coming from Leeds. Here’s the tracking times for my delivery.

Attachments

• E68A1CFB-6590-4D46-994E-33457D60234F.jpeg
    E68A1CFB-6590-4D46-994E-33457D60234F.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: hirsthirst

Richardlench

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
For whatever reason it missed the flight out this morning, it’ll get rearranged by DHL for next available flight option, hopefully in UK for delivery on Monday.
Yeah. What a joke though. Six days from China to Amsterdam, and to try and go from there my address in under a day

lnpbk

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Me: DHL / Eindhoven hole. Tracking last updated 18th. Apple website says 28th.

Just spoke to Apple, where the support staff checked internal tracking to confirm that my watch landed in Netherlands on the 23rd. They stated that DHL tracking is behind, and likely won't be updated until the watch lands in the UK.

Looks like the estimated 28th is going to be accurate.

lnpbk

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2020
Yup, another 3 days to worry about my braided solo loop size choice!
If it makes you feel any better, my wife ordered a solo loop (although, a silicone one). Used a sewing tape measure, and entered the measurement into Apple's strap size tool. She says it's perfect.

Reactions: Malcster

GreggyDoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Me: DHL / Eindhoven hole. Tracking last updated 18th. Apple website says 28th.

Just spoke to Apple, where the support staff checked internal tracking to confirm that my watch landed in Netherlands on the 23rd. They stated that DHL tracking is behind, and likely won't be updated until the watch lands in the UK.

Looks like the estimated 28th is going to be accurate.

That's good to know. Thanks for finding out and reporting it back here. I must say, you're doing a better job of tracking our Eindhoven watches than DHL's tracking system! Gives me hope for that 28th delivery date.

ApplePenguin

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
Spoke to DHL (we ship at lot at work so I went to through that enquiry line) again after my shipment too went on hold, and they really don’t seem to have a clue where my watch (and I imagine others!) are still - which is fairly worrying.

My hold location is Leipzig but they were still adamant it’s “probably” in the UK and the tracker just uses the last location it had.

They didn’t say this in as many words but I got the impression they’ve just shoved holds on everyone because their tracking has gone tits up and they don’t know whose is where. I suspect it will be Monday now before they manage to sort it, so annoying.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Yet another update - 12:04 arrived at delivery facility. That’s too late surely...

petev

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
Does anyone else's package not have an "estimated delivery" on the DHL tracking page? I just realized that some people on here have an "estimated delivery" in the upper right corner of their DHL tracking page but I don't. It just says "1 piece" and nothing above that. ("shipment information received" crew, Eindhoven)

Reactions: e2783e2783

C00k1e

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2020
Does anyone else's package not have an "estimated delivery" on the DHL tracking page? I just realized that some people on here have an "estimated delivery" in the upper right corner of their DHL tracking page but I don't. It just says "1 piece" and nothing above that. ("shipment information received" crew, Eindhoven)
I have the same no delivery date on the DHL site

GreggyDoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020

Yeah, same here. No official DHL delivery estimation for mine either. I'm also part of the "shipment information received" Eindhoven crew. I'm not taking too much notice of that though and relying on apples estimation of the 28th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.