Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danatdan

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
Surrey, UK
As soon as mine went on hold this morning I changed the delivery option to collection from DHL at Heathrow as I don’t live that far away. I don’t normally like doing it as I’ve never had good experiences when collecting direct from depot’s but at this stage the fewer places it has to be sent to the better.

Collection date was saying 28th all morning then just before 12 it changed to ready for collection. I was dubious after many “sorry but your package isn’t here” experiences especially as the estimated collection date was still showing as the 28th but off I went and luckily it was there ready to be collected.

Now it’s time to set it up and get ready to do this all over again in a couple of weeks when the iPhone launches... oh the stress we put ourselves through!

Chunk72

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
Durham, UK
My order is still in the DHL Eindhoven black hole and has been since 23:27 last Friday, ordered as soon as they went live.

I'm not going to bash Apple but F me I would have collected one in store last Friday if it wasn't for Covid.

hirsthirst

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
UK
Is yours out for delivery. Mine also coming from Leeds. Here’s the tracking times for my delivery.

Yes - practically the same times, now out on a van apparently.

I'm not as committed as some on the thread at tracking these things (no amount of stressing at my end changes anything) but I've not previously seen anything come into a Hub so late and then get turned around onto a van for same-day - usually they have the vans loaded early & out as there are so many jobs on each round?

I remember an iPhone Launch Day a few years ago - I think it was iPhone 7 - when UPS missed a large number of Friday deliveries and did a lot of them unexpectedly on the Saturday, so unusual (good) things do happen now & then.

garysteel

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2011
I'm still enjoying the single useless entry in Eindhoven since 19th at 06:53 and nothing more - ordered from Apple directly after the event and given 24th-28 Sept for 2 watches. (apple site says eta 28th) DHL says nada nothing zip zilch and no updates. It will arrive when it arrives but this is the worst tracking update system apple has subjected me to...sheesh

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Does anyone else's package not have an "estimated delivery" on the DHL tracking page? I just realized that some people on here have an "estimated delivery" in the upper right corner of their DHL tracking page but I don't. It just says "1 piece" and nothing above that. ("shipment information received" crew, Eindhoven)
Nope me neither

Reactions: petev and ashton18

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I'm still enjoying the single useless entry in Eindhoven since 19th at 06:53 and nothing more - ordered from Apple directly after the event and given 24th-28 Sept for 2 watches. (apple site says eta 28th) DHL says nada nothing zip zilch and no updates. It will arrive when it arrives but this is the worst tracking update system apple has subjected me to...sheesh
Yeah its poor compared to UPS. I cant believe that tracking isn't available from China. What gives DHL?

Reactions: ashton18

ashton18

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2014
Atlanta / Los Angeles

haha same here.. bought two watches as soon as they were available online. Mine even says 06:52! I really don’t know what the heck Apple/DHL did!

Pog2005

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
Mine turned up an hour ago, delivered by a pleasant man from DHL.

I'm amazed that it came from AMS, via Leipzig, EMA, and Bristol to me in west Wales overnight, when it took the best part of a week to get to AMS from China!!

Reactions: cvdb1969

RossMak

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Mine has also not moved. I can’t see it arriving on Monday now.
My order is still in the DHL Eindhoven black hole and has been since 23:27 last Friday, ordered as soon as they went live.

I'm not going to bash Apple but F me I would have collected one in store last Friday if it wasn't for Covid.

I am the same. Except mine is 00:30 at DHL Eindhoven.

there is no way it is making it up to Scotland by Monday.

Reactions: ashton18

deadmpa1

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2020

After having 1 of 2 watches delivered by DHL today, I called them to see where the 2nd one is. I was told that they had some kind of technical/power issue at Leipzig last night, and although some packages did go, thousands of packages couldn’t be processed. I was told that they are being processed now, and that if the tracking moves on by around 9pm tonight to expect delivery Mon, otherwise it will have missed tonight’s flight and then delivery will be Tues!!!

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
I was told that they had some kind of technical/power issue at Leipzig last night, and although some packages did go, thousands of packages couldn’t be processed. I was told that they are being processed now, and that if the tracking moves on by around 9pm tonight to expect delivery Mon, otherwise it will have missed tonight’s flight and then delivery will be Tues!!!
Unbelievable. After the debacle this launch has been, this happens. I appreciate this part is out of Apple's control but yet again I say: Worst. Product. Launch. Ever.

Reactions: cvdb1969

petev

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2013
So I just called DHL and they told me that they haven't even received my package yet, hence only the "shipping information received" info on the tracking page and nothing else. I tried calling Apple but they are closed now here...

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
had you had any updates on it to say it was due today?
A text yesterday and another at lunchtime today. The tracking page had nothing until yesterday, when it then said it was in Amsterdam. Then that stayed like that until about 9am today, when it suddenly had the Germany, Luton, Heathrow depot updates. Then changed about an hour ago to out with courier.

It was always due today, since the original 'shipped' notification a week ago.

tpr007

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2007
Hong Kong
DHL still show arrival date as today.
However, it's "on hold" in Leipzig so I shan't hold my breath.
I'll be annoyed if it's not here on Monday, as I could've walked into Argos and got one last weekend :/

joey_bigpuss

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2020
DHL put my delivery on hold at ~12:00 today. Delivery is still scheduled for today but who knows.

Edit: Checked details & it's, like others in Leipzig.

jchatwood

macrumors member
May 5, 2015
Vicenza
DHL put my delivery on hold at ~12:00 today. Delivery is still scheduled for today but who knows.

Edit: Checked details & it's, like others in Leipzig.
I’m exactly the same!! So frustrating! My friend ordered a day after me, and his arrived today via UPS! DHL are not looking so good right about now!

phoenixcat

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2016
74364fa98896c1fa93c30a76965a7810.jpg

Coming from a S3 the S6 is a big improvement. So much more snappy and the screen is better quality. I love the always on display, it’s a game changer.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Even thou got mine today well jealous seeing all these lovely photos of your series 6 when mine is sat in the box useless until the iPhone is released next month 🤞

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.