Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
How much are people losing per night with the watch on? Mine drained about 13% 9 hours overnight

I’m on about 31 hours off the charger with 23% left. Considering my series 7 died after 15-16 hours I’m happy so far

How many of you are using the low power mode?
I lose between 5-7% at night. Consider closing all apps you're not using before bed. 13% is twice than most people are reporting for sleep.

Johnly

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2022
After 24 hours constant use with everything on, I am at 63%. Here is to no worries on the next 24 hours. It’s about time Apple made a Watch and not just a Fitbit with iOS! I love leaving my phone behind and still being connected, battery concerns are finally eliminated for me to be able to leave the phone home for mountai trips and refreshing breaks from social media. I don’t see how a person would want to carry their phone with them as much when wearing this watch. It’s nice to travel lightly for a day hike and leave the brick behind!

AWU and a nice camera, water bottle, and protein bar, let’s go get some pictures worth posting! ha ha!

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I'm at 19% after 46 hours (AOD on other than for sleep). One short 15-minute workout and one hourlong workout in that time. I'm very impressed -- I'll get this to 48 hours before I'll pop it on the charger, probably with 15% remaining. Don't feel like draining it!

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
managed to beat the apple projected battery life of 36 hours and watch died on 38 hours. I know people here are getting more but I get thousands of notifications per day which plays a big factor in my battery life. normally it would die after 15 on my series 7

will test it again to see if it improves. I plan to use the watch for sleep tracking going forward.

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
When I got mine this past Monday morning at 7:30am I unboxed it, put it on the charger at 87% did the update and by the time it was done the watch was fully charged. I have been playing around with it, doing some normal things like Apple Pay, checking out the Wayfinder, listening to music pairing it with AirPods Pro 2, using it as a remote for my Apple TV, going for a brisk walk, and getting tons of notifications with always on display never turned off. Today is Wednesday it hasn't been on the charger since I took it off Monday. My watch percentage is at 27%. I will most likely put it on the charger tonight. For me I will use my S8 for my intense workouts. This Ultra is strictly for everyday wear. Love mine a lot! Haven't even thought about returning it. My favorite Apple product since the first watch and first iPhone. Hope every one is enjoying their watch.

Last edited:

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
Keep in mind the type of watch face you are using can also drain the battery. If you have the live compass on your watch face as a complication it is going to drain the battery faster as it’s going to be constantly working in the background based on your location. Just something to keep in mind.
How do you add the live compass on the watch face? I just have Wayfinder as the watch face. Thanks!

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I am loving the battery! Now I wish I could get this charge longevity with my 12 Pro Max!

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I swim a mile every morning. With my Watch 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 I would start out with 100% charge and constantly loose 25-30% leaving me with 70-75% charge left. If I did not charge it after my workout 12 hours later I would have less than 13%.

With the Watch Ultra starting at 100% I had 91% left when I was done swimming. After 12 hours I have 75% left. I am happy and I love it!

ArchEtech

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2022
That's insane. AOD is on or off? Any GPS use?
I'm running a Clockology face on top of AOD on full brightness. During the night, nightime mode. Not really much for messaging. Received and Answered a couple calls. A few heart checks in the background. Sound levels monitoring on. Workout mode twice yesterday, getting ready for a long walk, well see what that does. Mostly just using it as a fun AOD watch on, but relying on only cellular, no phone connection, no wifi. I even messed around with watch faces for a good 2 hours, and put bluetooth on long enough to transfer them to the watch, then back off. We are going on 40 hours 17% left.

Reactions: akidokraja

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
I'm running a Clockology face on top of AOD on full brightness. During the night, nightime mode. Not really much for messaging. Received and Answered a couple calls. A few heart checks in the background. Sound levels monitoring on. Workout mode twice yesterday, getting ready for a long walk, well see what that does. Mostly just using it as a fun AOD watch on, but relying on only cellular, no phone connection, no wifi. I even messed around with watch faces for a good 2 hours, and put bluetooth on long enough to transfer them to the watch, then back off. We are going on 40 hours 17% left.
How are you able to use an Apple Watch without it connected to your phone? You would either need to shut the phone off or unpair it. There isn't any other way seeing it has to be paired with an iPhone to work.

bthompson

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
I got 36 hours and charged at 20%. This thing is taking three hours to charge with the 20w brick and cable. Apple support says there is nothing wrong. Ugh

DIMESLIME

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2022
I got 36 hours and charged at 20%. This thing is taking three hours to charge with the 20w brick and cable. Apple support says there is nothing wrong. Ugh
I’m using a 35W Dual USB-CPort Compact Power Adapter that I got with my M2 MacBook Air and when I got my Watch Ultra on Monday it was at 87% when I did the update it was charged at 100%. I haven’t charged it since. My battery before I put it on the charger was at 16% and not even 20 minutes later is at 53%. I would pick one up if you got the extra 60 bucks laying around.

ArchEtech

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2022
That seems false. I charged from 0-5% to 💯 in less than an hour. I’ve only had to charge the thing a couple times in a little less than a week too.

Johnly

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2022
On 2nd ever charge, after 36 hours full on use with AOD (that means everything on) I am sitting at 34%. I won’t be charging it tonight because there is plenty of battery left to track sleep. I will charge it tomorrow morning (two full days later) while I get ready. I am curious what the difference will be when I disable AOD after tomorrow’s charge to full. As of now, this is easily a two day watch with zero worries. I think I could squeeze out a large part of day 3 with it to boot, but it’s not necessary. I am going to have a hard time disabling AOD because I really appreciate that feature. To be able to look down at the watch without raising my wrist to see it gives that classic watch functionality. Depending on how it goes with AOD disabled, I may go 3 days per charge? I wonder how low power mode will be? 5 days? 6? ??. I can’t even believe I am saying this kind of battery life from an Apple Watch! Phenomenal Apple, well done and about dang time. Huzzah!

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
74 hours…that’ll do me!

Put on at 430am Monday to travel to Finland, haven’t used GPS as I don’t always have time to workout when travelling, and don’t use cellular. However I do use AOD and sleep tracking. Just put it on charge now, 630am Thursday (U.K. time, ignore local time on the display).

Battery life whilst travelling was a big tick for me when this was announced. Fantastic!!

Edit: and fully charged an hour later. Just superb!

Attachments

• B257145B-4073-4492-B9FE-E0E60C51BF24.png
    B257145B-4073-4492-B9FE-E0E60C51BF24.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
I'm at 19% after 46 hours (AOD on other than for sleep). One short 15-minute workout and one hourlong workout in that time. I'm very impressed -- I'll get this to 48 hours before I'll pop it on the charger, probably with 15% remaining. Don't feel like draining it!
To add to my post above, I put it on the charger at 12%, reaching 49.5 hours. I would have easily gotten 55+ if I ran it down, but decided to charge it and be thrilled with the results. It took 1:05 to charge from 12-100% using the USB-C brick and the braided puck.

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
My first full days use today, with what I do/use my S7 would be on 10% after 12 hrs, ultra is on 69%.

bthompson

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
That seems false. I charged from 0-5% to 💯 in less than an hour. I’ve only had to charge the thing a couple times in a little less than a week too.
Yeah it’s not right. The only solution I got from Apple was to return it. I would but you can’t find these in stock!

paapplefan

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2015
Fully charged at 5:30 am Tuesday; now at 30 percent Thursday morning. Only a 40 minute indoor bike ride yesterday (I need to get out today for an outdoor ride!) Sleep tracking last night. I did turn on theater mode. So under "normal use" in the house and at work (with my phone nearby), I can see that 3 days is possible on theater mode. That's pretty cool. I did do a one hour outdoor walk on Monday, left my phone at home and used AirPods pro to listen to podcasts. It drained a lot more quickly. Doing that everyday, 3 days isn't possible. Maybe turning cellular off would help.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Anybody with the belkin 3 in 1 pro the fast charging does not work with their charger yet

so power brick and the cable in the box will be needed sadly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.