Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters

Person08

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
I was thinking of getting the base 13, but matte black, 120 Hz, and bigger battery might sway me to 13P

Reactions: jsmitty

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I've always purchased phones in-store on release day. This year, I'm thinking about ordering online, but I'm concerned about receiving the phone on release day, as I need to leave town the next morning. It's starting to sound like chip shortages may restrict Day 1 stock more than we might have been led to believe. So now I've gotta decide if I'm going to be up next Friday at 3 a.m. frantically refreshing my browser to ensure a 9/24 delivery, or if I should just take my chances that at least one Apple Store in NYC will have the 1TB Pro Max I'm seeking.

The Lions Den

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2016
Will trade-ins be possible on day 1 of preorders on Apple.com?

I'm interested in trade in my XR when I upgrade to the 13 Pro Max in a week or so, but I'm not sure whether it's going to be a hassle or not. Will it basically be the process on Preorder day as it is now, if I ordered a phone on Apple site?

Do I stay up and keep alarms on then?
Yes indeed! but, honestly, I usually can't sleep due to the anticipation.
In previous years. I've heard stories people tend to go to sleep and not wake up right when the per-order opens.

To be safe. I would say set several alarms. However due to the anticipation and excitement... It's hard to fall asleep.

Last edited:

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Do you guys set multiple alarms on preorder day to be up on time ?

No. Sometimes, I'm still up (when it's midnight Pacific Time). If I fall asleep though, no biggie. Seems like Apple always under promise and over deliver on shipping times. If pre-order's taking a while, I'll try to see if I can get in-store pickup on release day.

upgrading to the 13 Pro Max. honestly missed the battery life and screen size but love how compact the 12 Pro is in my smaller purses and pants pockets. which color/s are you considering this year?
Yay! Glad u will be ordering the iPhone 13 Pro Max. I’m going all out again. I’m leaning towards the bronze color iPhone preferably 1TB if Apple offers it.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-172903_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210911-172903_Gallery.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Haha
Reactions: LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.