Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters
Last edited:
Reactions: Bobout and LFC2020

ATX_wapiti

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2021
Austin, TX
Under 6 days until the keynote! I am excited to see what colors come out (intrigued by the bronze / sunset gold color). Even with the leaks about the iPhone 14 that dropped today, I am still planning to upgrade from my XS Max. I used to be an annual upgrader, but felt like the changes to the 11 and 12 devices was not enough to warrant an upgrade. As long as the 13 Pro Max has a ProMotion display, I will be preordering!

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I also saw that I needed to make one last payment (the 12th) and unfortunately their stupid website doesn't let you make it there. (Keeps trying to remind me I am on Auto Pay.) Well I just called them, got the lady to process the payment - that was due on August 22nd - early and now when I go to the Apple Store app it says that my iPhone is eligible for an upgrade !!! But when I click to go further, the screen "device details" just sits there with a lovely little circle going round and round. And if I click on Device Details first when going first to my devices, it comes up with a message that I am entitled for an upgrade (and yes it does take me to the iPhone 12 Order Page) AFTER I make that last payment. So I guess I jumped the excited gun and Apple has not gotten the information from Citizen's One that I made the 12th payment. Anyone get past this point? Thanks.

Reactions: julit0

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
I also saw that I needed to make one last payment (the 12th) and unfortunately their stupid website doesn't let you make it there. (Keeps trying to remind me I am on Auto Pay.) Well I just called them, got the lady to process the payment - that was due on August 22nd - early and now when I go to the Apple Store app it says that my iPhone is eligible for an upgrade !!! But when I click to go further, the screen "device details" just sits there with a lovely little circle going round and round. And if I click on Device Details first when going first to my devices, it comes up with a message that I am entitled for an upgrade (and yes it does take me to the iPhone 12 Order Page) AFTER I make that last payment. So I guess I jumped the excited gun and Apple has not gotten the information from Citizen's One that I made the 12th payment. Anyone get past this point? Thanks.
Nope, same issue here. I expect they will open the "pre-pre" orders for Upgrade Program folks right after the event.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
You don’t think they will waive the 12th (last) payment to upgrade early? Has that ever happened before? Or do they require you to pay it off?
I re-read my iPhone upgrade agreement and also the pages you sent in reply a few days back - and everything I'm reading had a hard/fast "12 payments" minimum. "As a member of the iPhone Upgrade Program, you can get a new iPhone once you’ve made the equivalent of at least 12 payments."

Since we all didn't get the 12's until October 2020, my 12th payment was not scheduled to clear until 9/22 - well past the most likely pre-order date. I was also seeing that Apple would "know" to charge you any remaining balance if you wanted to upgrade early, at the time of your next purchase/pre-order...but I wanted nothing to get in my way to get a launch day phone. Last year's pre-order process was awesome, and when he store opened live, I was already pre-qualified/approved and had the phone reserved. My pre-order was on that Friday morning in two button pushes I think.

So, this time, I didn't want to take any chances. This buildup is awesome and love the forum. Getting stoked!

I re-read my iPhone upgrade agreement and also the pages you sent in reply a few days back - and everything I'm reading had a hard/fast "12 payments" minimum. "As a member of the iPhone Upgrade Program, you can get a new iPhone once you’ve made the equivalent of at least 12 payments."

Since we all didn't get the 12's until October 2020, my 12th payment was not scheduled to clear until 9/22 - well past the most likely pre-order date. I was also seeing that Apple would "know" to charge you any remaining balance if you wanted to upgrade early, at the time of your next purchase/pre-order...but I wanted nothing to get in my way to get a launch day phone. Last year's pre-order process was awesome, and when he store opened live, I was already pre-qualified/approved and had the phone reserved. My pre-order was on that Friday morning in two button pushes I think.

So, this time, I didn't want to take any chances. This buildup is awesome and love the forum. Getting stoked!
Good job with understanding the agreement and sharing your thoughts. Looks like you are on a roll. I'll be very anxious and excited to pre-order my iPhone with you around the same time. Hoping it goes smooth :)

I'm getting very stoked too. This week needs to be over already hah!

• Love
Reactions: LFC2020 and julit0

radamo

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2019
Long Island, NY
I will be switching from VZ to Tmobile and trading in an 11 Pro. Not sure of the best way to perform this change. Anyone have any idea how this will be most easily (and financially optimally) accomplished?

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
39A819D8-69F9-4386-92A3-57422921AB20.jpeg

LETS GOOOOO!!! ☝️🧐⏰📱⌚️

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I’m not upgrading and I don’t know if I should watch the keynote, because I know I’ll be tempted to upgrade. I don’t want to part with the pacific blue yet, CSAM hasn’t been cancelled yet and from the rumors and leaks, it’s not a big deal to me.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
There was another year where there was only 11 months of payments before the new phone, and they required that 12th payment to be made before upgrading.
Yup, it was from when you went X to 11. I had to make the extra payment; wont be any different here.

Reactions: julit0

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007

Well said. It will tell you amount you need to pay to "upgrade early". You'll pay the outstanding 12th payment when you pre-order.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Well said. It will tell you amount you need to pay to "upgrade early". You'll pay the outstanding 12th payment when you pre-order.
Yep, that's exactly how I remember it. Us Pro Max'rs didn't get our phones until November (?) last year? So none of us will have 12 payments unless we paid one early.

Ok, based on rumors of a black one…. I want that one. Gimme.
Im leaning towards color black and bronze this year. I normally get the new flagship color iPhone. But if the new iPhone is all Matte black I may just order two haha!

I really wish we had known what’s the new bronze color looks like.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LFC2020 and ksujoel
Kinda excited for the Bronze colorway now.

If it looks similar to this (maybe a lil darker), I might have a big problem deciding between Matte Black, Bronze, and Gold.

View attachment 1828856
It looks like the bronze color will be replacing the Pacific Blue.

Tough battle between matte black and bronze.

Reactions: ksujoel and LFC2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.