Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Do you plan on ordering the new iPhone 13 (2021) this September?

• Yes

Votes: 1,180 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 178 12.1%
  • Not sure/Maybe

Votes: 116 7.9%

• Total voters

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
Giving my 12 Pro Max to the wife and getting the 13 Pro max, only question is colour. I have no idea what the black and bronze phones will look like, the renders i've seen are all over the place.

The phone wont feel like a huge upgrade but i certainly am looking forward to the small improvements Apple has made to the 12 Pro series. I wonder if they'll introduce new style cases or stick to the ones from last year.

Only other thing i'm interested in is the new Macbook Pro in the fall and Airpods 3. Other than that i'm good on Apple products for some time.

haqsha23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2017
Mississauga
just a question, given that there will be supply constraints for the remainder of the year especially for iPhone's, how likely is it that everyone here will be able to secure a launch day device? I think that Apple moving the pre-order timing to 8am EST gives many more people the ability to pre-order right on time. I'm expecting a difficult time securing a phone (especially because i always choose pick up in store instead of delivery, which requires extra steps at checkout). Not bothered if i don't get a launch day device, but would be super annoyed if i had to wait more than a week. My wife is using a cracked 8+ and needs a replacement asap, can't hold out too much longer

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Question about how to trade-in my iPhone 11 Pro when doing the Apple Upgrade Program...I just finished two years of my previous upgrade program and now own the 11 Pro. I see that I can trade it to Apple for around $500. If I want that to go towards paying for the 13 Pro that I want to get through a new upgrade program initiation, how will that work?

Do I just sign up for the upgrade program and it'll ask if I have an iPhone to trade towards it? Do I trade it in separately in a few weeks and the $500 can be used towards lowering the monthly payments of the new 13 Pro upgrade program phone? Thanks!

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Question about how to trade-in my iPhone 11 Pro when doing the Apple Upgrade Program...I just finished two years of my previous upgrade program and now own the 11 Pro. I see that I can trade it to Apple for around $500. If I want that to go towards paying for the 13 Pro that I want to get through a new upgrade program initiation, how will that work?

Do I just sign up for the upgrade program and it'll ask if I have an iPhone to trade towards it? Do I trade it in separately in a few weeks and the $500 can be used towards lowering the monthly payments of the new 13 Pro upgrade program phone? Thanks!
I have a feeling the trade-in value will drop to $400 after the keynote. I'd love for it to stay at $500, as I'm also trading in an 11 Pro, but chalk that up to wishful thinking.

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Anyone else have the "Your divide is eligible for an upgrade" link in the apple store app, like they usually do for those of us who are in the Upgrade Program before a launch to get everything set up? I have the link, but when I tap it, the info flashes on the screen for a second, then goes to a skinny that never loads anything.

Anyone else have the "Your divide is eligible for an upgrade" link in the apple store app, like they usually do for those of us who are in the Upgrade Program before a launch to get everything set up? I have the link, but when I tap it, the info flashes on the screen for a second, then goes to a skinny that never loads anything.
Have you tried these link?

Reactions: LFC2020

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Have you tried these link?

Yup...same issue, sort of...it tells me I'm eligible with two more payments (the payment due next week is my 11th, I know I'll have to make one more), I click Continue, and it takes me to the main iPhone page on the website. Don't think they are quite up and running for the "pre-pre-order" thing yet.

Yup...same issue, sort of...it tells me I'm eligible with two more payments (the payment due next week is my 11th, I know I'll have to make one more), I click Continue, and it takes me to the main iPhone page on the website. Don't think they are quite up and running for the "pre-pre-order" thing yet.
I have a feeling it’ll be finalized by next week. Should be up and running.

Last edited:

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I went ahead and called the Citizens One iPhone loan department and had them charge an extra payment to make my 12th required payment. I've checked my upgrade eligibility w/ Apple on the upgrade program and now it says I'm eligible. I didn't want any hangups next week! The Citizens website was terrible and clicking the link to make an extra payment was circling back to nowhwere. I think they want folks to physically call in. I also figured there may be a rush by folks who upgraded in October (last year was my first year on the Apple Upgrade program) - and I wanted to make sure there was time for my payment to process.

Just realized it's taking me to the iPhone 12 pre-order page...that ship has sailed. I agree, this year's version will prob show up right after the event.
I went ahead and called the Citizens One iPhone loan department and had them charge an extra payment to make my 12th required payment. I've checked my upgrade eligibility w/ Apple on the upgrade program and now it says I'm eligible. I didn't want any hangups next week! The Citizens website was terrible and clicking the link to make an extra payment was circling back to nowhwere. I think they want folks to physically call in. I also figured there may be a rush by folks who upgraded in October (last year was my first year on the Apple Upgrade program) - and I wanted to make sure there was time for my payment to process.
You don’t think they will waive the 12th (last) payment to upgrade early? Has that ever happened before? Or do they require you to pay it off?

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Just checked my IUP eligibility date, allllll set for next week! Shows 09/18 but I shouldn't have any issues, even if the pre-orders are slated for the early morning on 09/17... right?

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
cant believe nobody posted the iPhone 14 Pro leak by Jon Prosser yet lol how accurate would this be?
CA6DBACB-4DA8-4E94-BCA4-AD96A843CC62.jpeg
2A3F51F5-8179-417D-9C79-8F2273E4BC5B.jpeg
58C35858-7B83-4C87-8A5A-961DF92A1AC1.jpeg
iPhone 14

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.