Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Almost 7:30 CST & the app store is still not up on my iPad nor my iPhone. Fortunately, I got in using the Mac & a fresh browser tab at 7:03.

Edit: The iPad store just became available

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Kept getting errors in the app trying access my saved pre-order so I switched to the web site.. still had errors there after getting part way thru.

Gave up on saved pre-order and just started trying to enter an order.. was able to reach “Add to bag” a couple of times but got errors..

FINALLY got to point of “Review your bag” and found several of the earlier attempts were in there too..

removed the extras and was able to place the order..

22 minutes…. US East Coast.. confirmed for delivery on 9/22

Last edited:

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Felt like forever to get in, but I finally got it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7453.jpeg
    IMG_7453.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: svish and bbbobbb

Tuscape

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
IUP here as well trying non-stop across multiple devices since 7:59 eastern. App on iPhone received the errors pulling up pre-order info. Couldn’t find the way to access my pre-order in the app on my ipad. Safari and Chrome on the desktop never showed anything other than Almost There which is now what’s displaying again everywhere.
Finally got in on Safari on the Mac, pulled up the pre-order, shipping window is Oct 4-10 but in-store pickup on 9/22. Set up pickup window and click the final button and pickup is not available. Ugh. Selected shipping.

OrangeDoors

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2023
The Apple Store app repeatedly failed with various errors and messages. Was eventually able to retrieve and get my pre-order completed on the website, but unfortunately not before shipping dates slipped so I will do in-store pickup since I won’t be available to receive it for over a week when it arrives.

Really annoyed and terrible experience.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
This was a **** show. That is messed up that they lock out certain regions from the website at first. I wish I had known. The wifi at my job often times has it's ip location as East Coast locations for some reason even though we are in Arizona. (Huge corporation). So... once I turned off the Wifi I got past the colorful Apple. So... dates already slipped for Natural and White to October 4th. I was able to get a pickup for the 22nd after work for a 256GB Natural Pro Max.
That’s not true, ppl just claim that. Plenty of East Coast orders at the start including mine. the store has an invisible queue system and locks ppl in waves, not simply by regions. My husband got in after me in the same house.

Reactions: BrightCanon

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
Ordered on the website. Had to log in twice but it's ordered from Ohio! Delivery set for Friday, Sept. 22. 15 Pro, Blue Titanium, 512GB.

Reactions: BrightCanon

Kilo-9

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
This was my worst preorder experience since joining the Apple Upgrade Program in 2016. The site didn't even open to me until 8:10. The app crashed several times saying there was an error retrieving my info, try again later. When the order finally went through at 8:16, I received a 10/4-10/9 delivery. The app had been consistently the smoothest and fastest way to do these preorders...until today.

JayMysterio

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Well, that was a spitshow.

Apple makes you go thru the hoops of pre ordering on the Apple Store app, and the app either crashes or doesn't load. Happened to try & decide to look on the website, and after 5 minutes it asks me to sign in.

Sign in. Uses my pre order info and says order declined.

Why?

The pick up window I picked closed in the time it took to finish the transaction.

Pick a new time to pick up, and finally after 30 minutes I can order my phone.

What the hey Apple? o_O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.