Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
Orderā€™s in for store pickup: 512GB 15PM in natural titanium.

No case.

Picking up my AWU2 in the same time window.

SpecB

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2021
Jamaica
Those Apple DNS Servers took 17mins to push out the update to Jamaica before I could access the order. :rolleyes:

1694780911202.png

nikster21

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Napa Valley
Took 22 minutes of tryā€™s between the app and apple.com but finally got my order in on the webstore. 512gb Natural 15pro. TBD 9/22ā€¦

Wasnā€™t able to take advantage of a trade in because that system is / was having issues. Iā€™ll find somewhere else to get $$ for my 12pro

wxnats

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Northern Virginia
What a complete and utter joke of a pre-order process by Apple - especially for a company of their size. I finally was able to order online but delivery was already into October. I was able to get launch day in-store pick up but had to get the 512 GB storage option.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
If I elect In-Store pickup for the IUP, will I have to trade-in that day? Or do I have 14 days to return my device?
Trade in that day. Itā€™s slightly inconvenient tbh, as they make me do iCloud restore every year instead of phone-to-phone transfer that would be quicker.

FlyingTexan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2015
I clicked the link through my pre-order email and no issue. Placed right away and picking up 9:30am Friday in Houston. Going to England two days later so wanted it for my trip. I went with 512Gb blue titatnium. Would be really nice if Apple would increase the cloud storage from 250 to 500GB.

Reactions: BrightCanon
Finally! Ended up getting in at the applestore via safari on my iMac. The app is still useless. Refreshed since 4:59.

-Using IUP preorder
-15 pro max black titanium 256g
Ship date: Sept 22 (release day)
Congratulations! Woo hoo! San Diego Stand up!!!

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Wow.
I ended up securring in-store pickup on Sept. 22 via Apple.com on Safari on my iPhone at 6:28. That was some stuff right there.

Apple Store app, which has been my method for years, still showing Almost There.

Jesusā€¦

Hopefully with this hiccup, Sept. 22 is available longer than normal. Todays launch was a thing but normal.

Good luck all!

Edit: sorry. Should add 15 Pro Natty Ti 512.

Edit 2: my App Store app didnā€™t function as expected until 6:32. That was an unfortunate 32 minutes of dumb stress. In a positive, Iā€™m WIDE AWAKE NOW. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«šŸ˜³šŸ¤Ŗ

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
This is my first year preordering an iPhone. I expected a smooth process after dealing with some Google preorder nightmares in the past. But this was an equally bad **** show.

Store app didnā€™t open until 10 minutes after time for me despite others getting in fine. When it did, it errored anytime I tried to access my preorder or start a new order.

Finally I was able to browse the website in chrome and place an order with no issue. But that time preorder delivery had slipped a week so I have to go pickup in person.

Store app still shows almost time. What a joke for the supposed preferred way of ordering.

mr1581

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Finally got in on my computer at 8:22. Oct 4 - 9 for Natural or White Titanium. Oh well, gotta happen to someone. Good luck everyone else!
same... out of a phone, iPad and computer.... phone opened up first but errored at every click. computer just opened and was able to process my original preorder saved... decided to select in store pickup and Friday was still available.

blue titanium 512 pro max... ordered my wife's white pro max on att before 6am

Reactions: rachelsgoldens

GeneticBloom

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2009
California
Woke up at 4:45a to wait and didn't place my order until 5:25a. Thanks for the advice here to use Safari instead, I was able to get through using that after I got up to get on the computer to try.

I ended up getting the black 15 Pro 128gb. I wanted to get for in-store pickup but the pick-up times close to opening were already taken, so I got shipping instead.

valleian

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Let me just say this quick: @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—ļø, itā€™s good to have you back! This is gonna be a hell of a week, and a whole lot of fun along the way, and so much of that comes from the work you put in for all of us. Truly one of my favorite times of the year.

With that out of the way, let the fun begin!

8:04 AM EST: iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB Blue Titanium is ordered!
ā€” New York City!
ā€” iPhone Upgrade Program
ā€” Launch Day Pickup
ā€” Used the Apple Store App

Finally was able to go for the In Store Pickup option this year, after last yearā€™s checkout snafu resulted in me having to go with another year of impatiently waiting out nearly the entire day for the UPS/FedEx delivery folks on Launch Day.

I know I wonā€™t be able to live track and get in on the fun/madness that is the waiting and tracking games, but Iā€™ll have fun watching everyone else revel from the sidelines as a spectator this year. Excited to see how the Pickup option is.

Also waiting to pickup some accessories I decided to go for before pre-order. Bought a FineWoven Taupe Wallet and a new Nike Sport Loop, so some goodies to keep the mind and hands occupied as we count down the next seven days! Should hopefully be ready in the next few days! šŸ¤Ŗ

I hope everyone elseā€™s journey is going smoothly. The process was very quick and smooth for me. Feels like they had a lot of the issues from past launches worked out this year.

IMG_5248.jpeg

Last edited:

WiseAJ

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
Was never able to get the order done on the iPhone app. It just keep giving me an error trying to access my preorder info. Had to use the website on my MacBook and order via the view iPhone pricing page.

Got my 256gb Blue Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max on IUP ordered with Launch day delivery thankfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.