Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters
Guess I lucked out that blue titanium 256GB isn't in huge demand - wasn't 'let' into the store until 5:18, then had the session crash once at the review screen. But still showing a delivery date of Friday, so no worries. :)
You may have jinxed it for all of us this year with the error message lol. Congratulations!

Reactions: dmr727 and svish

DomoRules

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2017
USA
28 minutes later finally got through on MacBook Air Safari. October 9th delivery. This is what i get for being an apple loyalist for over 25 years and in the IUP for 8 years?

I realize this is very much a first world problem and me complaining about a delay of a $1K purchase is insane but out of anyone in the world, I know this forum understands my frustration. Sent over feedback to apple this morning. Suggest others do to- if anything i hope they at least recognize the frustration with their customers.

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
This was one of the most insane preorders I’ve ever been involved in.

Started opening and force closing the Apple Store App at 555. Apple Store app came on at 6:01 and I went to my preorder and tapped on it and I tapped on next but it kind of lagged a bit so I tapped again and my little FaceID popup activated showed it scanned my face. And then the app crashed. Couldn’t do anything. Even restarted my phone. Nothing. So I waited a bit even checked the Verizon app and they still weren’t live yet. Finally went back to the Apple Store app and it was back down again. It finally came back on at about 6:20 and I went to try again, and it said I wasn’t eligible for an upgrade and to check my account, so I pulled it up and it had already been ordered at 6:03. With confirmation email and order number for delivery the 22nd.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Got my order in for a 128GB 15 Pro in Natural Titanium at 8:12EST, and that was even with having to go through ID.me verification for military. Much smoother than last year’s experience in which it wouldn’t accept any form of payment and it took almost 2 hours to get my order successfully submitted. Took the earliest time slot for pickup, 9:15-9:30 - just hoping they’ll let me get my AW9 at the same time; they only had pickup slots starting at 2pm for that when I ordered on Wednesday.

Gonna see if I can get Verizon to waive that bs $35 fee :rolleyes:

Now the “fun” part begins…
The Waiting

Attachments

• IMG_7684.jpeg
    IMG_7684.jpeg
    365 KB · Views: 37

richardkor

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2015
Couldn’t order on apple store. Had to switch to website. Then the natural titanium 256 delivery date was already going to October. Upped it to 512 and im back to Sep 22 delivery. Website was very glitchy.

Reactions: 5105973 and gotong

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Good grief... FINALLY at 8:25AM EST here in Columbus Ohio I got my order in. I am picking it up at my local Apple Store on Sat Sept 23rd (since I can't make it on Friday). That was pretty annoying all those errors. At first it couldn't call up my pre-order and when it did, Apple Pay kept giving me an error. Then I had to restart the find my pre-order status... etc... Never before has it been so hard to spend nearly $1800 in my life. :)

I pre-ordered a Natural Titanium iPhone 15 Pro Max (1TB).
And then Verizon's system had hiccups, which timed the order process out...
...and then the Apple app crashed a few times (!!!)...
...tried the store online via browser and around 8:25 (same time as you) the order went through just fine.

Crazy...

Reactions: 5105973

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
Got right in…almost. Hit pay with Apple Card. Totally errored and lost my pre-order. Always amazed that a tech giant lets crap like this happen. Totally sad-quoted Oct. 9. I know they often ship
faster, but pretty BS about the pre-order error. Some day maybe the big A will figure it out. Or maybe they just don’t care about appleguys and gals as much as I thought.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Wow, that was extremely confusing/stressful. The desktop websites didn't load until like 8:15am or so. The Apple Store app on my iPhone and iPad were erroring. Then the whole store app went down. I ended up ordering BOTH iPhones on my laptop. I feel like I'm in 2016? I love how I told someone that I've ONLY used the Apple Store app to pre-order. I finally submitted my pre-order at 8:20am via desktop website!!! 😮‍💨 I still have a 9/22 delivery date, so I guess I'm happy for now. 😀
I think the app was a self fulfilling prophecy, it was so successful that no one can use it.

• Haha
Reactions: patricem

bbbobbb

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2006
iPhone app worked once for me at 5:04 AM - preorder, made it to place order then crapped out for 20 minutes of errors. Finally got back to preorder at 5:24 - this one went through. Delivers by standard delivery on 22Sep so all good. 512 PM Blue.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
Blue titanium Max 256 for me, Oct. 9-14 delivery. Here’s hoping when things update it gets moved up, but it is what it is. What a **** process this year. Worst in many years. Might cost me my Gazelle sale on my 14 Pro Max.

lsara

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
Just got through on the website. Originally was going to pay full price but by going around that and selecting ACMI and T-Mobile I was able to do monthly and didn't have to put in account information for T-Mobile.

Edit: I've got in-store pickup for September 22nd at my local store. 15 Pro White Titanium 512gb.

Placed two separate orders on the same card. Got one temporary authorization for $0.00.

Wouldn't worry about that. Historically, charges have kind of been random. Sometimes they even fall off before being charged again.
As long you have an email confirmation. You are good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.