Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Not sure but it looks like only Apple is doing it
IMG_3293.jpeg
IMG_3292.jpeg

Just checked my order. I have the $.28 state fee, too. WTF Apple Card? Does the extra penny go directly to the pockets of Tim Apple?

jbjarko

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2015
MPLS
How's everyone feeling?

Been quite a few years since I've been on a pre-order. When should we see movement on the plane. I'm guessing Tues-Weds' ish? I'm a huge AVGeek so plane tracking is easy :) Just need timelines!

Reactions: xxray and Brad7

lordhamster

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2008
Anyone ever have success picking up a second phone early on launch day? My reservation is at 8:30am but my wife's isnt until an hour later at 9:30am. Would love to not have to come back or wait an hour if I can just get both at 8:30.
I'm in a similar predicament. It wouldn't let me check out all 3 phones in one swell foop. Between all the app errors, I ended up with 3 slots. 8, 8:15, 8:30.

In the past the store in Cleveland let me just grab multiple devices at the earliest slot... I think that was for an iPad preorder several years ago where I ordered M1 iPad airs for my kids.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Jeez I can't keep up with the thread. Every two minutes there is a new page of replies.

Got charged the tax for the phone. Got the case, chargers, wires, etc ordered separately. Being in Canada right now presented no issues.

Only issue is.... I won't be home on the 22nd! Get home on the 24th. So only two day delay. :)

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Here is my experience: Apple Store App loaded fine for me at 7:01 am Central. My pre-preorder selection came right up and go through the check out and tried to select a checkin window only to get errored out and returning to the For You page. I firce closed the app and reopened the app and my pre-preorder popped back up and this time went smoothly. Got the email at 7:03 am. I opted for in-store pick up so that I can just trade my 14 PM directly at the store since I’m currently on iUP.

iPhone 15 PM 512 GB~

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
This is why I never buy phones via any carrier and their hairbrained little "discount" schemes. I started treating phone carriers as just dumb pipes I use only for data and voice 10 years ago, and haven't had any issues since.
Yep. I worked for a decade dealing with all 4 (now 3) and I’ve lost all patience for their shenanigans. I use an MVNO and buy outright, very minimal headaches these days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.