Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
My credit card just got charged for the full amount (AMEX just sent the text notification of a 'big' purchase). :)

Glad it went through.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Brad7 and killawat

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
T-Mobile now says it will take TWENTY FOUR hours to lift this "restriction" on my account. I'm never getting that phone...
IMG_8171.jpg

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Don’t kill me, but.. I actually ended up sitting out this one. Remember my whole debacle last year? I can’t go through that again. 😬 I’ll check them out in-store and see. Will still observe the tracking fun, though!
Despite that being the case you’ve been wonderfully supportive to the rest of us all morning. I hope when you do decide to purchase that you get a great phone that you’ll enjoy very much.

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yes! I know I can get cheaper cables but I always preferred Apple's woven material and their cables haven't failed me once more than a decade. I also wanted to match my setup of space gray and black everything. :D

Cable Matters is a great band - I plan to get their USB-A to USB-C cables for my car!
Yes - there is an article in today's NY Times about quality of cables and how they do truly matter.

And so I, too, found my way to Cable Matters and my car also has USB-A ports and I bought this exact cable for my car as well.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Did anybody with multiple phones in the pre-pre-order queue have to check each out individually? Or am I just stupid and missed some Checkout all button?

I did the preorder in the app and had two lines upgraded but on the website I couldn't figure it out so I did pro first and pro max second, which could have ended up badly since the pro max went out of stock first).

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone else not able to see their preorder info in the Apple Store app or at apple.com?

I received the order confirmation from Apple and an email from AT&T about my upgrade…

👀
just give it time... they are getting slammed... Personally i can see it, or should I say saw it. It won't show up on Apple.com right now, but i was able to see it on app earlier.

uttrekr

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Athens, TX
Anyone get an order in at Best Buy yet? I'm still getting "coming soon". (ordering thru them to get the free applecare with the total tech membership).
Update - Best Buy finally started taking orders at about 7:35 Central. Got a 15 Black Pro Max 512gb order in - supposedly has a 9/22 delivery date. Was a pain waiting but at least I get free Applecare with their membership plan (along with the other family devices - it really pays off that way) and cashing out the rewards (which reduces the Sales Taxable amount in Texas).

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
I guess now is about the worst time to second guess?

I think I maybe should have tried out a big iPhone this year and order the pro max… I would have really liked the better camera…

Eradik

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
If our banks decide to be jerks and decline the charge, do we get a chance to call the bank and have Apple try again without losing our place in line? (launch day store pickup if it matters)

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
STOCK UPDATE - 8:45AM CDT

Changes are in orange.

🟩The following are launch day (September 22nd)

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 256GB/512GB/1TB
White - 256GB/1TB
Black - 256GB/512GB/1TB

🟨The following have slipped to October 2nd

iPhone 15 Pro
Natural - 1TB
Blue - 128GB
White - 128GB/512GB
Black - 128GB

🟧The following have slipped to October 4th

iPhone 15 Pro
Pro Natural - 128GB/256GB/512GB
Pro Blue - 128GB

🟥The following have slipped to October 9th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Pro Max Natural - All Sizes
Pro Max Blue - All Sizes
Pro Max White - All Sizes
Pro Max Black - All Sizes

David8

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2020
Origae-6
I'm late checking in to the preorder party.
We have three iPhones in the upgrade program, the preordering was a real mess but thankfully I got all three ordered and will deliver on 9/22. Now we wait for the tracking fun to begin.

Reactions: Brad7

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Yes - there is an article in today's NY Times about quality of cables and how they do truly matter.

And so I, too, found my way to Cable Matters and my car also has USB-A ports and I bought this exact cable for my car as well.

for CarPlay use I prefer to use apple cables because these certified ones like the cable matters ones while they will work they'll be super stiff. the apple ones are a good mix of durability and flexibility.

Reactions: FlightLevel310

patricem

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2005
I had my phone app open, ipad mini open, imac open in Chrome and in Safari, my moms windows Apple store opened.....kept refreshing all was shocked to see Chrome come up live first!! When clicked thru Chrome I checked app on phone told me no pre-orders were seen! Hmmm yeah ok! Chrome came through! Excitement lol

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
iPhone 15 Pro Max 512GB Natural Titanium
Delivers: Oct 9 - Oct 16 by Standard Delivery
— There was a launch day pick-up option but that would be very inconvenient/difficult for me.
Ordered: 5:55 a.m. PDT

I was on the fence until the very moment I placed the order because the iPhone X does still satisfy my needs. However, the feature set difference felt large enough to splurge on my next half-decade (or more) iPhone.

Reactions: Brad7 and killawat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.