Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Here is my experience: Apple Store App loaded fine for me at 7:01 am Central. My pre-preorder selection came right up and go through the check out and tried to select a checkin window only to get errored out and returning to the For You page. I firce closed the app and reopened the app and my pre-preorder popped back up and this time went smoothly. Got the email at 7:03 am. I opted for in-store pick up so that I can just trade my 14 PM directly at the store since I’m currently on iUP.

iPhone 15 PM 512 GB~
This is exactly what happened to me. iPhone 15 PM 256 Natural. same time stamps and all.

Reactions: Apple_Tiger

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Anyone else not able to see their preorder info in the Apple Store app or at apple.com?

I received the order confirmation from Apple and an email from AT&T about my upgrade…

👀

Yup. Was just about to post about this.

The first order I placed is not showing up on my Apple ID. If I click on it while signed in, Apple indicates it's not part of that Apple ID. It's my only one, so it definitely is.

Second one I placed a little while later shows up. I think orders that got in early will show in our Apple IDs once things smooth out.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Got my order in finally. Store would never come up on my iOS devices. Had to go to the Mac to complete the order. Store pickup for 15 Pro in Blue Titanium good to go for the 22nd.
Same story for me disappointed in the apps they were total failures but website came through

Reactions: Brad7
Update: I just checked mine and both of my iPhones have moved to Processing stage as well.

1694784893770.png

1694784872093.png

crisandria

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
CT
Happy I got my email receipt because my order is not showing up on my account. And get this message
“Your order does not match the Apple ID “xxxx”that is currently signed in. Please view your order details on apple.com.”

So no clue what I did when I ordered via the web instead of the app. Hopefully it gets sorted out when I get the phone and activate it under my appleid, since I’m getting applecare +.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
the thunderbolt 4 cable is a good choice. I plan on getting on getting one of these ( USB 3.2 Gen 2 cable ).

Yes! I know I can get cheaper cables but I always preferred Apple's woven material and their cables haven't failed me once more than a decade. I also wanted to match my setup of space gray and black everything. :D

Cable Matters is a great band - I plan to get their USB-A to USB-C cables for my car!

Reactions: killawat

HeyMazza

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2022
Baltimore, MD
Yep. I worked for a decade dealing with all 4 (now 3) and I’ve lost all patience for their shenanigans. I use an MVNO and buy outright, very minimal headaches these days.
I second this.. I spent years trying to do upgrades with my carrier. Enough was enough with their excuses and system errors. Now, I always have a backup phone, sell my current one (which was my 14P), and then buy it outright from Apple. Quick and easy pre-order every year!

Reactions: CarolG

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Finally got my order placed at 7:22 AM central time for the 15 Pro, Natural, 128 GB unlocked. Still managed to get 09/22 delivery. App did not work on my iPhone or iPad. Finally ended up using my laptop. So, at the end of the day, the whole "get ready" and "pre-pre-order" were all nothing but a bunch of BS.
Yep the pre-pre order failed via the app even though it showed at 5-10 past on ipad when I got to the place order after checkout the ipad failed never to come back. Iphone never opened til 30 minutes past. But got in an finished on the web via my macbook safari.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
there are dozens of us regular pro users.
I’d go so far as to say baker’s dozens. You don’t hear about them, but trust they’re here among us. I know because we’ll, my spouse is one 🤯. Unlike bloviating pro maxxerz such as myself 🙈 , pro users are some cool 🧊 cats 😸

Reactions: killawat

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
Same story for me disappointed in the apps they were total failures but website came through
Yep, iOS devices were on the blink this morning. My brother who lives a long way from an Apple Store could not get his order in until half past the hour and shipping times had already slipped to second week in October. He was able to order another Pro Max (different color and storage) that I will pick up for him on the 22nd at the Apple Store near where I live.

Definitely not as smooth as it was last year.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
How's everyone feeling?

Been quite a few years since I've been on a pre-order. When should we see movement on the plane. I'm guessing Tues-Weds' ish? I'm a huge AVGeek so plane tracking is easy :) Just need timelines!

Sleepy! I think the nervousness and excitement might’ve wore me out a bit. It’ll be hard to focus at work this next week.

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
My app never let me in. I was able to order on the Apple Store using a pre stored bag on my Mac on 7:25. 256 Natural titanium PM. 2:45 pickup ( I did not want to chance empty box delivery, happened to me on my XS MAX launch day ).

This year for me the app sucked and never cleared the banner. Web was a breeze.

1694785279615.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.