Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

karmamule

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2008
Waltham, MA
So I have two orders saying they'll arrive 22 September still saying Order Placed, and one saying it'll arrive October 4 - 9 but it is saying Order in Progress?!?!?

I'm confused. I put in a 3rd order because that first once said October 4 - 9 but now it's the one that has progressed first. Not sure which one to cancel now. :p

Reactions: svish

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Weird story continued. I try and try but the Apple Store app would not let me purchase the iPhone using monthly installments. So, I finally get into the Mac store and make the purchase. When I check my email, I see that I have made two purchases, one with an arrive date of next Friday and one with an arrive date in early October. I guess the app worked after all, but I didn't know it given its response.

Reactions: Brad7
Indeed. I had to change from Black and White to Natural. I hope I’m gonna like it. 🤞🏼
Very nice! You always like dark colored iPhones. I see you trying out something different this year. I like it! Change is good. Like Apple always says.. I think you are going to love it. Good choice. Bringing back classic retro vibes.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2011
EU
Need help! Since the apps didn’t work for me I ordered through the website. But I forgot to log into my Apple ID and ordered as Guest instead with Apple Pay. I’m now trying to find a way how to add the order to my account. When I click on the order number in email, it sends me to Apple Store app with text over the sccreen: The order does not match the currently logged Apple ID. For order details, please contact apple.com. So I click on the link, login to my guest page ready to link my order and get: The order does not match the currently logged Apple ID and that I should check if I have second Apple ID. What?

Also, even when I verified payment with Apple Pay, there is no history of it in latest payments. Am I screwed? It says it’ll come 25th in the email…

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
My order experience was certainly different this morning. I’m traveling for work and on the west coast - so was sitting in the airport (SJC) getting ready to head home at 5a for my pre-order.

The app was way late for me this year. Normally it’s the fastest and ready to roll within a minute or two. This year, I was refreshing iPad between app and website. Website was up first for me, and was able to take my saved iPhone (created in app) and finish my preorder. Confirmation email came in at 5:11a.

Always hate to hear and read of people with unfortunate order experiences. Hopefully the wait will be worth it for everyone!

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
This was one of the most insane preorders I’ve ever been involved in.

Started opening and force closing the Apple Store App at 555. Apple Store app came on at 6:01 and I went to my preorder and tapped on it and I tapped on next but it kind of lagged a bit so I tapped again and my little FaceID popup activated showed it scanned my face. And then the app crashed. Couldn’t do anything. Even restarted my phone. Nothing. So I waited a bit even checked the Verizon app and they still weren’t live yet. Finally went back to the Apple Store app and it was back down again. It finally came back on at about 6:20 and I went to try again, and it said I wasn’t eligible for an upgrade and to check my account, so I pulled it up and it had already been ordered at 6:03. With confirmation email and order number for delivery the 22nd.

My husband had the exact same experience...stressed out with crashes and errors for 20 minutes only to realize that his order had actually gone through the first time even though the app gave no indication of it.

hansenc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2004
Was a better ordering experience last year. Had to crash the app in the middle after it pulled up my pre-order like some others reported but still ended up with release day shipping dates. Ordering two is always stressful since it always seems like the app store wakes up on one device and then minutes later on the other.

screenshot_20230915_100001.png

screenshot_20230915_100046.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.