Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
But we do that every single year. I've never seen Apple Store go down after the pre-orders open. It's kinda of frustrating for people who have not placed their orders.
The new 3nm process pro max had created quite a buzz. It got more mainstream media buzz than normal. Look how quickly the shipping dates ended up in October. I am willing to bet many people chose this year to upgrade with the milestone technology leap of the new Pro Max. The volume could be significantly higher this year.

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
STOCK UPDATE - 9:05AM CDT

Changes are in orange.

šŸŸ©The following are launch day (September 22nd)

iPhone 15 Pro
Blue - 256GB/512GB/1TB
Black - 256GB/1TB

šŸŸØThe following have slipped to October 2nd

iPhone 15 Pro
Natural - 1TB
White - 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB
Black - 128GB/512GB

šŸŸ§The following have slipped to October 4th

iPhone 15 Pro
Natural - 128GB/256GB/512GB
Blue - 128GB

šŸŸ„The following have slipped to October 9th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Blue - All Sizes
Black - All Sizes

šŸŸŖThe following have slipped to November 6th

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Natural - All Sizes
White - All Sizes

JaisHTX

Contributor
Sep 22, 2004
Texas
Someone mentioned only the people on the upgrade program get charged - is that the case for you?

I did PIF on my AMEX for two phones, and both charges showed up within 10 mins. They may just stay as authorizations/processing on my CC until they ship, however.

Reactions: killawat

trost

Cancelled
Oct 30, 2017
Ordered and got 9/22 delivery date. On the tmobile installment plan. Card was charged already.

Attachments

• IMG_6790.jpeg
    IMG_6790.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 57

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Need help! Since the apps didnā€™t work for me I ordered through the website. But I forgot to log into my Apple ID and ordered as Guest instead with Apple Pay. Iā€™m now trying to find a way how to add the order to my account. When I click on the order number in email, it sends me to Apple Store app with text over the sccreen: The order does not match the currently logged Apple ID. For order details, please contact apple.com. So I click on the link, login to my guest page ready to link my order and get: The order does not match the currently logged Apple ID and that I should check if I have second Apple ID. What?

Also, even when I verified payment with Apple Pay, there is no history of it in latest payments. Am I screwed? It says itā€™ll come 25th in the emailā€¦
It can take some time before the order goes into "processing" and then you will be able to attach it to your Apple ID. This process can take a few to several hours, sometimes longer.

trost

Cancelled
Oct 30, 2017
For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
I am on central time and was able to order in first 5 mins. Had pre authorization already done yesterday

For everyone that was able to order in the first 5 min are you guys on the east coast? Im trying to figure out if we need a vpn next year to get in early
I don't think a VPN would do anything. But never tried it. Maybe it's worth a shot next year. Definitely don't want to be the one to risk it tho. I'm old school.

Lihkin

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I got in at 5:20 AM (I am in Los Angeles). In between tried VPN (NYC and Buffalo), but that did not seem to make a difference.

Reactions: CarolG

zonai

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2022
Now I'm stuck in refresh hell for the next 24 hours as I wait to see if the purchasing restriction on my account has been lifted. Apparently the team that does this is "offline" and can't notify me once the restriction is lifted.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Need help! Since the apps didnā€™t work for me I ordered through the website. But I forgot to log into my Apple ID and ordered as Guest instead with Apple Pay. Iā€™m now trying to find a way how to add the order to my account. When I click on the order number in email, it sends me to Apple Store app with text over the sccreen: The order does not match the currently logged Apple ID. For order details, please contact apple.com. So I click on the link, login to my guest page ready to link my order and get: The order does not match the currently logged Apple ID and that I should check if I have second Apple ID. What?

Also, even when I verified payment with Apple Pay, there is no history of it in latest payments. Am I screwed? It says itā€™ll come 25th in the emailā€¦
Normally you would put in your order number and telephone number...Remember to put the country code in as well otherwise you get an error. PERHAPS try it through your confirmation Email

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
I think so many people had issues with the app they will be trying the website next year and it'll be a completely different experience. one guy said he VPN'd into a California server and was able to get in. I turned off private relay.

Reactions: 5105973 and Brad7

MiamitoKeyWest

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2021
Smoothest process ever!

On East Coast (Miami.) Firefox / PC; signed into the military portal and clicked through the 2% Cap One cashback (twice.) No pre pre orders done and only on one browser.

Had the Almost There screen until about 8:06 then did two separate orders - first 15 Pro Natural 128, second 15 Pro Max Natural 256. Did not do any trade in option on either though I may try to do it at pickup with my 13 if they will let me.

The Pro was pickup or delivery 22nd when I checked out and I got the 815-830am time slot as our store is only a few blocks away.

The Pro Max was pickup or delivery Oct 4-9 at that point, so I just did the same 815-830am time slot so my friend and I could go together.

Emails came in at 8:12 and 8:14. Quick, easy, no error messages, no slow loading, no drama.
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 09-18-48 Order Listing - Apple.png

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
It appears that 256 and 1tb are the most go to as both of those are not currently available for pick up at the apple store near where I Live, but the 512 Gb for Black and blue still shows itā€™s available for in store pick up on 9/22

Reactions: Brad7 and killawat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.