Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Finally free! Thanks for the invite!. I was multitasking and missed part of the iPhone updates, but will probably order anyway!

I'm wondering how the Titanium Grey will look. A couple of pictures casted a greenish tint to it and I definitely don't want that. I may go White Titanium or Black neither of which I've had in this form factor. Having had Pacific Blue and Sierra Blue, Titanium Blue may be a pass.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
All set up for preorder (256GB blue Pro Max). Is there an option somewhere to do an in-store trade-in, rather than sending it in? I had a situation last year where the store employee wouldn’t accept my trade-in device, so I had to schedule another appointment with a different employee, who processed the trade-in without any problems. Having read various posts about issues related to mailing in trade-ins, I’d rather do it in person.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
IMG_EF81149FBAED-1.jpeg

I was torn between Natural Titanium and Blue. Since I got the purple last year, I've decided to go back to a light color. Hey it's only for a year right? And I'll have a huge case on it. 🤣

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
Well I originally planned that i was not going to get one but since im on the iUP why not. Anyways i am approved. Getting the blue titanium pro max 512gb. Ill be doing in store pick up this time as i prefer to do a trade in at the store directly rather than mailing it in.

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
I want to get ready for the pre-order but I am not sure which storage option to go for and would appreciate the help.

Usually I go 256 Pro Max, my 14 Pro Max has 120 GB left. The feature I plan to use the most is Spatial Video and there is nothing about how much storage it may use per minute of video. Should I expect 880 MB per minute on 60 FPS assuming it does 2x 4K?

I don’t want to go 512 GB if I don’t need to. I pay for iCloud and prefer to offload everything to it.

Reactions: Trozetar

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I want to get ready for the pre-order but I am not sure which storage option to go for and would appreciate the help.

Usually I go 256 Pro Max, my 14 Pro Max has 120 GB left. The feature I plan to use the most is Spatial Video and there is nothing about how much storage it may use per minute of video. Should I expect 880 MB per minute on 60 FPS assuming it does 2x 4K?

I don’t want to go 512 GB if I don’t need to. I pay for iCloud and prefer to offload everything to it.
I personally would go 512 GB, but that’s just me. Sounds like to me that 256 is the way to go considering you offload everything to iCloud.

Berzerker7

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2015
Is anyone able to actually go back in and view your pre-approval/pre-selection? I have the email confirmation but if I click on "view your iphone" I get an error on the apple website and the Apple Store app doesn't actually think I've completed it, and I get an error if I try to start it again.

Edit: alright apparently if I log in and go to my account, it's saved in there...weird.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Hold up… since 256 GB has been more than enough storage for me along with iCloud, I could trade my 14 pro max and get 650 from Apple and only pay 550 for the 15 pro max.. so I MIGHT squeak by and do this.

Somebody stop me and be the responsible adult before I pull the trigger. My Apple fanboy side is winning currently 😂🧐🙃

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Hold up… since 256 GB has been more than enough storage for me along with iCloud, I could trade my 14 pro max and get 650 from Apple and only pay 550 for the 15 pro max.. so I MIGHT squeak by and do this.

Somebody stop me and be the responsible adult before I pull the trigger. My Apple fanboy side is winning currently 😂🧐🙃
That titanium looks so good, though. And those soft corners. I bet it feels so good in the hand…

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly

Nope! We encourage the madness! 😂

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Is anyone able to actually go back in and view your pre-approval/pre-selection? I have the email confirmation but if I click on "view your iphone" I get an error on the apple website and the Apple Store app doesn't actually think I've completed it, and I get an error if I try to start it again.

Edit: alright apparently if I log in and go to my account, it's saved in there...weird.
Same but if I login and go to my bag it's on the top.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas

No one is going to stop you here 🤣🤣🤣🤣

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014

I think many people will be satisfied with the 10 Gb/s usb3 offload so 256 would work with 512 being a comfort pick if you travel a lot. I offload immediately whenever 4k is involved and it’s a chore on the iPhone 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.