Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
If I select the option to Finance via Apple Card, and select any carrier except AT&T, would I be able to connect to any carrier? If I understood what it says below. From Apple website.
I think theyā€™re saying you have to first sign up with a non-AT&T carrier plan. And then you can later pay it off at any point and take your iPhone anywhere.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
I am going to be in Canada when it opens up.... The phone app has US store selected, I will make sure it still has the US Store selected when I get there, I revoked location services for the Apple Store app, but hope it doesn't throw a wrinkle in my ordering process.

elmo0629

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2012
Dallas, TX
IMG_0213.jpeg
Pre-Preordered the Black iPhone 15 Pro Max 256 GB. Very excited and canā€™t wait to get my actual order in.

Reactions: Brad7

michaelscarn

macrumors member
May 25, 2021
I was on the fence and will probably wait another year. No issues with the 13. The 15 Pro colors aren't very appealing to me and I would be getting the Pro Max, so I'd rather wait for a mid-cycle color update at the very least.

Reactions: Remington Steel

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Has anyone ordered before for home delivery, and then taken your existing iPhone in-store to trade it in? After transferring all your data from existing to new iPhone?
Iā€™ve done it before, usually without problems. When I tried doing it last year, the store rep turned me away, insisting that phones that received a mail-in kit must be mailed in. I made another appointment for the following day and spoke with a different rep, who rolled his eyes and said that it can definitely be done and that the previous rep most likely just had no idea how to do it. He then used his device to process my trade-in and issue me a gift card for the full trade-in amount. He instructed me to call customer service and have them apply the gift card balance to my Apple Card. A minor workaround, but Apple is well familiar with it and will definitely help you out.

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Has anyone ordered before for home delivery, and then taken your existing iPhone in-store to trade it in? After transferring all your data from existing to new iPhone?
Not exactly your scenario, but I did in store pickup and they let me keep my old phone until I was ready to bring it back to send it back. I went back 3 or 4 days later with my wiped old phone and they took it off my hands and within a matter of hours my old loan was canceled.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
It only gives you a "notify me" option when you select carrier deals, and odds are T-Mobile will make me switch to their most expensive plan anyway to get the $1000 off. So I'll just do an Apple trade in for $450 off, whatever. I'm not spending $100/month on wireless.

Reactions: ZebraDude and Brad7

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
So just to clarify at this moment, the only people who have been able to get ready for pre-order are people using Apple financing or Apple Card correct no carriers financing?
Right now, it's only Apple that is doing "Pre-Pre-Orders" and I believe it's mainly for the iPhone Upgrade Program. Since I, and more than a few others on here are in it already - we got this "Head Start" e-mail. Mine came in about 3pm PDT. If you go to the IUP and signup for it, then you can do the PPO thing. They will run a credit check if this may be your initial signup. The Carriers won't start pre-orders until that morning of 9/15.
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 5.50.35 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.