Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

FlightLevel310

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2021
1694567078275.png

I decided on the Blue for me.

Clingpeach

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Right now, it's only Apple that is doing "Pre-Pre-Orders" and I believe it's mainly for the iPhone Upgrade Program. Since I, and more than a few others on here are in it already - we got this "Head Start" e-mail. Mine came in about 3pm PDT. If you go to the IUP and signup for it, then you can do the PPO thing. They will run a credit check if this may be your initial signup. The Carriers won't start pre-orders until that morning of 9/15.
View attachment 2260382
Im not in any upgrade program and i was able to preorder paying with Apple Pay

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Right now, it's only Apple that is doing "Pre-Pre-Orders" and I believe it's mainly for the iPhone Upgrade Program. Since I, and more than a few others on here are in it already - we got this "Head Start" e-mail. Mine came in about 3pm PDT. If you go to the IUP and signup for it, then you can do the PPO thing. They will run a credit check if this may be your initial signup. The Carriers won't start pre-orders until that morning of 9/15.

Not just iPhone Upgrade Program. I am buying via my Apple Card, no upgrade, no trade-in, and I have completed my "Pre-Pre-Order". Ready to go for Friday morning. šŸ˜

• Love
Reactions: CarolG and julit0

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Im not in any upgrade program and i was able to preorder paying with Apple Pay
Not just iPhone Upgrade Program. I am buying via my Apple Card, no upgrade, no trade-in, and I have completed my "Pre-Pre-Order". Ready to go for Friday morning. šŸ˜
Very cool - So I guess PPOs are through Apple only - garnering some business before the Carriers can.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
I do like it. Unbox Therapy on YouTube has all the new phones and did a color comparison. It seems much more subtle in his studio.
i donā€™t think his video is showing real models which is very shady of him. the blue looks off as do most colors. I think theyā€™re replicas that heā€™s pretending are real for views. how would he have all these phones outside of the apple facility? no one can take them out. and it was posted during the event so he was not invited.

Reactions: tunastink and Brad7

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I work 0700-1900 on pre-order day. I'm going to have to be very strategic placing my order before I need to start taking care of patients. šŸ«”

(pre-orders launch at 0700 Chicago time).

Reactions: Brad7

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
Hold upā€¦ since 256 GB has been more than enough storage for me along with iCloud, I could trade my 14 pro max and get 650 from Apple and only pay 550 for the 15 pro max.. so I MIGHT squeak by and do this.

Somebody stop me and be the responsible adult before I pull the trigger. My Apple fanboy side is winning currently šŸ˜‚šŸ§šŸ™ƒ

Thatā€™s exactly what I did! Trading my 14 Pro Max for the 15 Pro Max. I said I wasnā€™t going to upgrade this yearā€¦and thenā€¦wellā€¦I certainly didnā€™t listen to myself! šŸ˜‚

wingennis

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2016
Northern Arizona
i donā€™t think his video is showing real models which is very shady of him. the blue looks off as do most colors. I think theyā€™re replicas that heā€™s pretending are real for views. how would he have all these phones outside of the apple facility? no one can take them out. and it was posted during the event so he was not invited.
Not a shady YouTuber! Say it isn't so! I apologize for any misinformation I may have aided him in spreading.

Trozetar

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2011
Reading, Pa
This is actually the first time Iā€™m pre-pre ordering. Usually I do a carrier upgrade and pay then. Last year was my first year with the AppleCard and I did a spur of the moment order on preordering day. So my mind is currently blown with being able to precharge my AppleCard and have everything prepared already. I guess I just legit wake up press yes and

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I went back and forth for like an hour. I have gone with black the last two years and blue the year before. I tend to lean towards the darker colors because they make the bezel and the frame of the phone blend in seamlessly.

But this year I figured why not.

Set up a preorder for an 15 Pro 256gb Natural for me and 15 Pro White 256gb for the wife. She does not want to give up her deep purple but she isnā€™t a huge fan of any of the other colors.

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Seems like natural might be a super popular color this year. Hopefully it doesnā€™t sell out super quickly and there isnā€™t to much of an issue getting a launch day phone

Reactions: xxray and Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.