Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

millerwb

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2021
Bailey, CO - US
I'm in
1694574387454.png

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I was on the fence about upgrading but I think i'm going for the Blue Ti pro max. $650 back for my trade in, and with all the hiking and sports attire I wear, the less weight would be really nice. Anyone else kinda on the fence with 14 pro max? What's pushing you over, or not?

Yes, 14PM here and was initially very disappointed after the keynote.

Negatives:
  • No battery life improvements
  • 3nm chip is only 10% faster - it’s not that I need a faster phone, it’s that usually performance and battery life is a trade off and somehow we got minimal improvements for both. This was supposed to be a game changing chip.
  • Colors
  • Trade-in $70 lower this year
  • Unless Apple is withholding this information, it appears that most of the camera upgrades besides periscope lens are software updates.
Positives/How I’m rationalizing my choice to buy:

• I had a bad upgrade year with the 14PM and am hoping that I get a fresh start and better luck with the 15PM. While I love the features (48MP camera, 2000 nits, Dynamic Island), I just have not had a great experience with this phone. I don’t like it and am ready for something new.
  • I can afford it and am an enthusiast so I will appreciate the improvements.
  • Titanium/rounded edges/smaller bezels: This is hard to quantify but might make me enjoy using my iPhone a lot more without realizing it.
  • USB-C: I can use same charger for Mac and iPad, plug in my external DAC for my audiophile headphones setup
  • Telephoto lens + camera improvements
  • 24MP and 48MP HEIF will be a big quality of life upgrade for me. 48MP ProRaw seems big and unmanageable at times, but now that I’ve gotten used to 48MP, 12MP just does not seem to be a high enough resolution.
  • Small performance improvements: 8GB RAM, Snapdragon X70, WiFi 6E - I’m a sucker for S year upgrades like these.
  • Price increase doesn’t really affect me.
  • If I try it and don’t think it’s worth the money, I can return it.

dudeski

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2023
Pretty good hands on showing all the four colours of the Pros

Definitely blue Ti for me

can’t stop waffling between blue and natural. I don’t like how light iphones have more visible bezels but I love the grey color. I think dark blue is slick but also feel like it looks like pacific blue which I didn’t love. wish they let us see them so badly

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
What is the benefit of trading in with Apple and buying direct vs the promos from the carriers such as Verizon who offers $800 in credits for my 12 Pro?

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
You here with us guess you dont got a life either lmaooo 😂

Ozziegn

I opened the thread asking myself, what could they be possibly talking about when the phone isn't even available to pre order yet? I then skipped to the 19th page and I realized its a bunch of nothing being said. Hopefully someone will start a new iPhone pre order/status thread on Friday so people like me won't have to sift through a bunch of pages just to find up to date information that actually matters.

Nonetheless, ya'll have fun. lol

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: sawah and killawat

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Yep, you can switch carriers at any time, but you have to validate an account first prior to purchasing it on the apple card. Basically the carriers were annoyed that Apple was offering a nearly same deal on their cards with 0% financing and thusly losing money. So this was Apple's solution to make them somewhat happy.
that sucks 🥺

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
What is the benefit of trading in with Apple and buying direct vs the promos from the carriers such as Verizon who offers $800 in credits for my 12 Pro?
If you’re already on a Verizon plan you like, then it’s better to take advantage of their promos. But they do eventually make money from the plan we sign up with them, over time. So many folks like to buy unlocked and go to an MVNO that could have monthly plans that are better deals for them instead.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Think I screwed up.

Selected T-Mobile for a 15 Pro Max for financing but I don't have T-Mobile. For some reason, I thought I had done it this way in the past for "sim free," which I just read is no longer an option with financing.

My girlfriend has T-Mobile. Can I enter her info when preordering or will that screw up her preorder?

It seems like the ONLY way to purchase without carrier verification is outright. Is that correct?
Nothing is final just redo the safe for the carrier you have. Deleting what you doesn't remove you from the line that's not done until you checkout Friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.