Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Anyway, I'm curious is there is any U.S. carrier or Apple does 12-month installment? I'm totally fine with one-time payment but 24 or even 36 months are just way too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Why is everyone saying they got it like they pre ordered already. Saving to the cart and getting it are 2 very different things IMO. Let's save the for it posts for after you check out and actually have an order.
We are putting it out into the universe that it’s a given and all will go smoothly on Friday. 🧘‍♂️

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Anyway, I'm curious is there is any U.S. carrier or Apple does 12-month installment? I'm totally fine with one-time payment but 24 or even 36 months are just way too long.
You can do the iPhone Installment (the regular loan without AppleCare and non IUP) and just either pay double or pay for 12 months then pay it off early. Or do IUP and tradeing in after 12 months ends the loan and starts a new one for your new iPhone.

dkinley

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2014
Think I screwed up.

Selected T-Mobile for a 15 Pro Max for financing but I don't have T-Mobile. For some reason, I thought I had done it this way in the past for "sim free," which I just read is no longer an option with financing.

My girlfriend has T-Mobile. Can I enter her info when preordering or will that screw up her preorder?

It seems like the ONLY way to purchase without carrier verification is outright. Is that correct?
No, if you buy the iPhone with Apple financing on your Apple Card, it will come unlocked. Even if you select a carrier I was told on the phone.

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
For promos? Not sure what the other guys offer but ATT has plenty of installment plans on att next. If you want to pay less for your phone then you have to commit to three years.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
No, if you buy the iPhone with Apple financing on your Apple Card, it will come unlocked. Even if you select a carrier I was told on the phone.
Yeah but their issue is they don't have T-Mobile so while it will come unlocked it still going to be an upgrade on his GFs line temporarily and she is ordering also. Don't know that ordering 2 phones on 1 line will go through. Best bet to switch that to the carrier he has or sim free before Friday.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
I just "got ready" for my pre-order on Apple Store app. iPhone 15 PM 256GB "Natural". First time doing Apple Card Device Payments. Will Verizon still claw away an activation fee for this?

dmacrye

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Checking in for our annual pain!

This year I’m finally going for the Pro Max. 256GB/Blue Titanium! (I’ve always done the normal pro).

Just did my IUP pre-approval. Will be ordering for in store pickup since I won’t be home on release day.

Won’t be around the forum much this year since I’m currently at the airport heading out for a 9 night trip. On the plus side, it won’t be a 5am wake up to pre-order where I’m going!

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Why is everyone saying they got it like they pre ordered already. Saving to the cart and getting it are 2 very different things IMO. Let's save the for it posts for after you check out and actually have an order.

Let's let everyone say what they want so long as it isn't causing harm to anyone else. We know that no one is ordering an iPhone at this point. Let's not kill the excitement out the gate.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I just "got ready" for my pre-order on Apple Store app. iPhone 15 PM 256GB "Natural". First time doing Apple Card Device Payments. Will Verizon still claw away an activation fee for this?
Idk about Verizon but with T-Mobile they charge a $35 device connection fee of you buy on their site or in store. Not the case if you do it on Apple.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Verizon didn't last year and shouldn't this year either. I never buy the Verizon versions and only go with the "connect to any carrier later" option.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Let's let everyone say what they want so long as it isn't causing harm to anyone else. We know that no one is ordering an iPhone at this point. Let's not kill the excitement out the gate.
Not trying to kill excitement but it may be confusing to new members looking to this for information. So just want to make it clear that no one has secured an order yet. Ive seen people confused over this already especially on YouTube when people talk about saving to the cart and pre doing your pre order.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Verizon didn't last year and shouldn't this year either. I never buy the Verizon versions and only go with the "connect to any carrier later" option.
Going to be different this year as you can only do SIM free if you pay upfront. Apple card, IUP and iPhone Loan are all carrier connection required now. So a lot of people will be having to choose a carrier. However the phones are still unlocked they are just pre connected to your carrier.

Reactions: timeconsumer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.