Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
No, if you buy the iPhone with Apple financing on your Apple Card, it will come unlocked. Even if you select a carrier I was told on the phone.

Right, but we're going to have to enter or carrier credentials on Friday. I'm currently not with any of the major three carriers.

I can enter my girlfriend's T-Mobile info but I'm not sure if that will affect her preorder.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Nice, what’re you thinking of getting?
Thinking about the FineWoven case. I might give it a shot.

Also might get a couple USB-C cables

Eventually though I want to get a Magsafe battery pack with Qi2 charging, but I haven‘t seen any announced yet. I know the tech is relatively new.

Edit: I just saw Anker recently announced one! And it has a kickstand too, nice

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Nothing is final just redo the safe for the carrier you have. Deleting what you doesn't remove you from the line that's not done until you checkout Friday.

I don't have any of the three major carriers anymore. Pretty sure it's going to ask for my number/zip code with T-Mobile on Friday, which I don't have.

I'll have to either pay for the phone outright or maybe use somebody else's T-Mobile credentials but I don't know what effect that will have on them.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Interesting. So if we buy a “Verizon” iPhone without tying it to a line.. is it the same as buying unlocked? We just unbox and activate it on any carrier we like?
It used to be the same. I'm not certain if it still is today. Verizon was the go to device to buy because they worked on any carrier. Not sure since the change from SIM to eSIM. I go for the unlocked (any carrier) device and then Verizon if the first isn't available since that's my carrier anyway.

Reactions: Brad7

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
I don't have any of the three major carriers anymore. Pretty sure it's going to ask for my number/zip code with T-Mobile on Friday, which I don't have.

I'll have to either pay for the phone outright or maybe use somebody else's T-Mobile credentials but I don't know what effect that will have on them.
It's going to tie the phone to their line.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
It used to be the same. I'm not certain if it still is today. Verizon was the go to device to buy because they worked on any carrier. Not sure since the change from SIM to eSIM. I go for the unlocked (any carrier) device and then Verizon if the first isn't available since that's my carrier anyway.
All iphones are the same there are no carrier specific models anymore.

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
Wait a second, I’m just seeing that iPhone 15 supports Qi2, but it’s still limited to 7.5W? Odd. I imagine they’ll enable 15W wireless charging in a software update.
Qi2 is basically the open standard of magsafe it requires alignment magnets. Nothing is certified yet and it will probably require a Qi2 charger.

Nikos

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2008
New York
Interesting. So if we buy a “Verizon” iPhone without tying it to a line.. is it the same as buying unlocked? We just unbox and activate it on any carrier we like?

You can see the compatibility between different models here.

Reactions: Brad7

iApplereviews

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2016
Virginis
You can see the compatibility between different models here.

That's not carrier compatibility. Those are models by region. The US gets 1 model doesn't matter the carrier.
Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 1.38.26 AM.png

Reactions: 5105973 and Brad7

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Still undecided heh
I don’t recall as an indecisive September as this one. Good fun. I just watched the video on Apple.com, where the Nat Ti is being used by the camera person shooting the commercial… Digging… It’s such an unusual aesthetic. Especially in the handheld space. I keep returning to that one - which is unusual for me. Heh indeed.

Edit: Natty Ti pre-order saved. 😜

Last edited:

stu00a

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
I have a Apple Gift Card that I want to apply to purchase an iPhone 15 but I'm not seeing any option.

Does anyone know if there will be an option for me to apply Gift Card balance and finance with Apple Card when pre-order?

IceOnFire

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
It's hard to justify an upgrade this year, but I'm probably going with a 15 Pro 256 in Blue upgrading from 14 Pro 128 in Purple which will go to my wife.

cookylurker

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
Haven't had an iPhone for the past 12 years and looking to preorder the iPhone 15 pro max. Is it better to preorder for pick up in the apple store or have it shipped to my house?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.